Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Free Agent Watch

Default 2011 Free Agent Watch

G-Logan Mankins-New England
    An elite offensive lineman who will probably make 10mil per year. 2005 1st round pick by Pioli and Co. Don't be shocked to see him in red next season.

WR-Vincent Jackson-San Diego
    An elite WR. Something the Chiefs need opposite Dwayne Bowe. May be a stretch to see him come to KC, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him in red either.

NT-Haloti Ngata-Baltimore
    I don't see how Baltimore could let this guy go. However, the Ravens have 8 DT's for a team that runs a 3-4... that's A LOT. They also spent a high draft pick selecting Terrence Cody in 2010. So, he COULD hit the market... who knows. He's an absolute beast. NT is a dire need for this Chiefs team. I think he'll end up in NY with Rex though.

G-Davin Joseph-Tampa Bay
    Another elite guard. I think the Chiefs have a better shot at landing Mankins. I don't see Tampa letting this guy go.

OLB-LaMarr Woodley-Pittsburgh
    The Chiefs need an answer for what they're going to do AFTER Vrabel. Woodley WILL probably hit free agency and would be a nice fit on this club after playing in the Steelers' 3-4 his entire career.

WR-Davone Bess-Miami
    Personally, I'm not sold on McCluster being the full-time slot receiver. If Bess hits free agency, he could be a steal like Welker was a few years back for the Pats. With Parcells ties, don't be shocked if he ended up being in red as well.

OL-Jermon Bushrod-New Orleans
    A VERY good backup offensive lineman who would probably be starting on any other team but is stuck behind a GREAT OL in NO. These are the kinds of players the Chiefs should be building their future on. I'd LOVE to see the Chiefs go hard after this guy. The Saints will probably let him go because of how much money they already have tied up in their OL.

LB-Stephen Tulloch-Tennessee
    Tulloch had very good things to say about the Chiefs after their game this past weekend. The guy is 25 years old and has already racked up 155tkls and an INT THIS SEASON ALONE!! He'd be a GREAT addition to put inside next to DJ.

A lot of these guys may not get to free agency, but these are some guys who I think the Chiefs should be taking some serious looks at in order to improve not only the short-term future, but the LONG-term future of this team.

Feel free to add to the list.

Good read. I consider myself a pretty knowledgeable fan BUT i did not know of some of these guys and if i did I most definitely did not know they were gonna hit the free agent market. thanks for the info and hopefully we can add alot of depth this offseason

Good list except Vincent Jackson will never be a Chief too many problems, also I am sold on DMC he is a great addition and he's still a rookie. Everytime he gets in the game great things happen whether it be just a decoy the guy is a major weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Good list except Vincent Jackson will never be a Chief too many problems, also I am sold on DMC he is a great addition and he's still a rookie. Everytime he gets in the game great things happen whether it be just a decoy the guy is a major weapon.
    He's a GREAT weapon. I just think we need a more consistent slot WR while still using "DMC" as an offensive weapon. He's awesome. But having a guy like Bess that Cassel could get use to throwing to all the time would be better than what "DMC" has been thus far. I don't think their plan is to use him as a slot... they haven't done it much this year even when he WAS healthy. Imagine having Welker AND "DMC" on the field at the same time with Bowe and a good #2 on the other side... sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    He's a GREAT weapon. I just think we need a more consistent slot WR while still using "DMC" as an offensive weapon. He's awesome. But having a guy like Bess that Cassel could get use to throwing to all the time would be better than what "DMC" has been thus far. I don't think their plan is to use him as a slot... they haven't done it much this year even when he WAS healthy. Imagine having Welker AND "DMC" on the field at the same time with Bowe and a good #2 on the other side... sounds good.
    I believe this as well. If they plan on using DMC as a slot guy then I think he needs another year of evaluation but if not I think we should look at a Bess type of guy. IMO, the slot receiver has always been underrated. The last few years it has become more prevelent and I like it! Just one more guy for the LB's to watch after. It really opens up more options in the entire offense.

Fitzgerald.

I look for Fitzgerald to be in KC the first weekend of playoffs.........checking things out and putting a deposit down on a house in Leawood, KS.

maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    I believe this as well. If they plan on using DMC as a slot guy then I think he needs another year of evaluation but if not I think we should look at a Bess type of guy. IMO, the slot receiver has always been underrated. The last few years it has become more prevelent and I like it! Just one more guy for the LB's to watch after. It really opens up more options in the entire offense.
    I think there is something about McCluster that we do not know. Haley and company have not been using him as much as one would expect.

Maybe he needs more time to develop as a Rookie, he has done some great things and it kind of makes you wonder what is up.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by bbacker51 View Post
    Fitzgerald.

I look for Fitzgerald to be in KC the first weekend of playoffs.........checking things out and putting a deposit down on a house in Leawood, KS.

maybe
    I really hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I think there is something about McCluster that we do not know. Haley and company have not been using him as much as one would expect.

Maybe he needs more time to develop as a Rookie, he has done some great things and it kind of makes you wonder what is up.
    Haley always has me wondering what's up.

I expect them to release much fury and trickery come playoff time but I could be wrong. This team reminds me a lot of a certain Arizona team that went to the SB 2 yrs ago. You just never know what to expect from them...

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

I think the reason we havnt used Mccluster as much is because he doesnt have the high explosiveness that he had before he had his high ankle sprain. They say a high ankle sprain is very hard to get back to normal quickly. So that being said I just think Haley has noticed that and hasnt been using him as much because he is still trying to make sure he heals all the way before playoffs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast