Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else on here a huge Gilberry fan?

Default Anyone else on here a huge Gilberry fan?

I love this guy and he gets very little attention he has quietly had 7 sacks this year and he's a backup to Dorsey, WTF!!! I think Vrabel has slown down a lot give Gilberry his spot as a LOLB and have him and Hali light the QB up. Then we don't have to draft a pass rusher and we can focus on other things.
    Last edited by figcrostic; 12-30-2010 at 12:00 PM.

I am- I think he's been a spot of joy for the defense, and he really gets after the QB! I had the same idea- move Gilberry to LOLB and maybe even put Vrabel inside.

As long as we keep Gilberry!

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    I am- I think he's been a spot of joy for the defense, and he really gets after the QB! I had the same idea- move Gilberry to LOLB and maybe even put Vrabel inside.

As long as we keep Gilberry!
    Lets send this idea to Romeo Crennel between the two of us he has to listen right?

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Lets send this idea to Romeo Crennel between the two of us he has to listen right?
    LMFAO he might but I am sure he has already thought of that I am sure. I say you atleast try, send it and maybe he will get it and then maybe he can join the chiefs crowd, not that would be pimpin

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeye View Post
    LMFAO he might but I am sure he has already thought of that I am sure. I say you atleast try, send it and maybe he will get it and then maybe he can join the chiefs crowd, not that would be pimpin
    Maybe if we get enough people involved it might make an impact. Anyone got a good email address to contact him or someone with a mouthpiece to mr. crennel's ear?

I love Gilberry but the only thing is that Gliberry is not an OLB. He comes from the outside in the 3-point stance.

That is why we only use him in passing situations. He lines up wide but is still really playing D-End.

I think that Studebaker is the heir apparent to Vrabel's position.

Quote Originally Posted by wilqb16 View Post
    I love Gilberry but the only thing is that Gliberry is not an OLB. He comes from the outside in the 3-point stance.

That is why we only use him in passing situations. He lines up wide but is still really playing D-End.

I think that Studebaker is the heir apparent to Vrabel's position.
    I like Studebaker as well, but I wanna see Gilberry given a chance he is very effective at getting to the qb. Also Gilberry is a small De he's the same size as Hali.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Also Gilberry is a small De he's the same size as Hali.
    That is true. Actually, Gilberry is a 4-3 DE in my opinion that we use in pass siutations.

My concern about moving him outside is that not all players can make the transition to linebacker and he is pretty effective the way that we use him now. We got luckly with Hali that he can cover and do the other things needed. Also, OLB position played by Vrabel is generally more of a cover backer in Crennel's scheme. So, moving Gilberry there really wouldn't make sense because you would take away his rush and ask him to cover.

You could move him in there at times just to rush in passing situations, but that really wouldn't be that different than what we do now. Plus, you would now have to drop one of our safeties or nickel backs (who we will typically blitz) into coverage. I really like Arenas, Lewis and Berry on the blitz so I'd rather have them plus Hali and Gilberry coming at the QB - which is what we do now.

Quote Originally Posted by wilqb16 View Post
    That is true. Actually, Gilberry is a 4-3 DE in my opinion that we use in pass siutations.

My concern about moving him outside is that not all players can make the transition to linebacker and he is pretty effective the way that we use him now. We got luckly with Hali that he can cover and do the other things needed. Also, OLB position played by Vrabel is generally more of a cover backer in Crennel's scheme. So, moving Gilberry there really wouldn't make sense because you would take away his rush and ask him to cover.

You could move him in there at times just to rush in passing situations, but that really wouldn't be that different than what we do now. Plus, you would now have to drop one of our safeties or nickel backs (who we will typically blitz) into coverage. I really like Arenas, Lewis and Berry on the blitz so I'd rather have them plus Hali and Gilberry coming at the QB - which is what we do now.
    well said

Gillberry will never be an OLB. He's a pure pass rusher, and as an OLB, there are coverage responsibilities that he's never had to deal with.

I think he's perfect in the nickel package where he belongs to stop passing plays. Maybe if he gets better against the run, he can start seeing more time at DE outside the nickel.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast