Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: To those who talked about how bad our offseason/draft was

Default To those who talked about how bad our offseason/draft was

Anyone care to admit that they were wrong?

I will start. I thought that our draft was ok at best. I was wrong. We had a GREAT Draft. Our rookies are makeing an impact this season and will only get better.Sorry Pioli,Haley and to the Chiefs I was wrong about our draft and couldn't be happier about it.

Ive never had a issue with our draft.. I am only suspect of Cassells ability. He made some good throws and some bad ones.. The plays today were excellently designed to give him the best chance to be successfull and it worked.

I think the mix of Rookies we have...with along with our vets is making for a very well rounded team!
    **ChiefsChick**

I liked the draft alot with the exception of, Moeaki. And now he has shown me he too was a great pick, Because of the leaders we added,( O ad D Cor. included) it puts the lalent we had to very good use.

ugh.... where was this post the last 2 weeks?? We STILL need a NT if we're gonna run a 3-4... PERIOD. That has been my MAIN issue with this past offseason.

I WILL say, however, that our front 7 has outperformed my expectations so far this season. But, again, it's a 16 game season and judgement on ANYTHING, good OR bad should wait till AFTER the season. Now that the talents of these rookies are exposed and how the Chiefs will utilize them, defenses are going to start game-planning for those guys and those little screens and end-arounds aren't going to be WIDE open all year... hell, they were shut down the first 2 games of the year.

The offense AND defense just looked INCREDIBLE against San Francisco. I'm starting to believe in this team. I thought the 49ers game was gonna be a REAL test for this team and they passed it with FLYING colors. I'm a LOT more excited after this game than I was after the SD or Cleveland games. Going into the bye week 4-0 looks like a REAL possibility. That seems unbelievable after the past few seasons.

If I had it to do all over again, I would still have taken Okung in the first.

But there is no arguing that this draft has been working out as well as anyone could have expected.

Moeki's big TD catch today was a better highlight than his entire college career. Vastly exceeding expectations so far.

The biggest offseason pickup, at least at this point, is Romeo Crennel.

He has the same bunch of "sorry scrubs" from the past couple of seasons carrying this team to a 3-0 start.

I was feeling safer with the addition of Weiss than I was with Crennel. But that has not been the case at all, to this point.

As far as the draft, on the whole... Pretty hard to be too judgemental after three games. You draft for players that will be effective over the long haul. Three games isn't the long haul.

But I am absolutely loving those kids right now.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Anyone care to admit that they were wrong?

I will start. I thought that our draft was ok at best. I was wrong. We had a GREAT Draft. Our rookies are makeing an impact this season and will only get better.Sorry Pioli,Haley and to the Chiefs I was wrong about our draft and couldn't be happier about it.
    I was wrong on Mccluster but that's because I thought he was gonna be used as a rb, and Arenas because of his cb skills not return skills. The jury is still out on Berry being worth a 5th, Moeaki is a good TE but I don't remember hating on him.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    If I had it to do all over again, I would still have taken Okung in the first.

But there is no arguing that this draft has been working out as well as anyone could have expected.

Moeki's big TD catch today was a better highlight than his entire college career. Vastly exceeding expectations so far.

The biggest offseason pickup, at least at this point, is Romeo Crennel.

He has the same bunch of "sorry scrubs" from the past couple of seasons carrying this team to a 3-0 start.

I was feeling safer with the addition of Weiss than I was with Crennel. But that has not been the case at all, to this point.

As far as the draft, on the whole... Pretty hard to be too judgemental after three games. You draft for players that will be effective over the long haul. Three games isn't the long haul.

But I am absolutely loving those kids right now.
    I can agree with that okung or trent williams. Romeo is an awesome defensive coach like you said these guys were laughed at last year now nobodies laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Ive never had a issue with our draft.. I am only suspect of Cassells ability. He made some good throws and some bad ones.. The plays today were excellently designed to give him the best chance to be successfull and it worked.
    Agree I'm still trying to figure out if Cassel did anything spectacular in the second or just didn't do anything stupid, but he had a great second half for sure.

OMG FIG you agreed with me..... im writing this down on my calender..lol...JK.. Yea he made some bad throws but more good then bad, excellent reciever on the 2 TD catched to bowe and moeaki they made the better play for sure..

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast