Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The official Tailgate Thread for Playoff game

Default The official Tailgate Thread for Playoff game

For all those interested. A bunch of members on here are planning on joining me in Parking Lot N. That is the general admission parking lot. We will try to set up shop on the grass between lots N and G. I will have two tents. One red, the other white. I will have sides up to block the wind. I imgaine there will be a Canadian Flag somewhere. We should also have a heater.

I will be smoking some BBQ. Most likely pulled Pork and a Brisket. I have more than plenty plates, forks and napkins left over from the home opener.

If you all want to join that is great. All I am supplying is the meat and probably some chips. I imagine others will bring sides. I will ask that if you do eat help cover the cost of the meat. It probably will be around 5 bucks a person.

I will be waiting for the gates to open to so that I can retain the parking spot, so if you want to meet me prior to going there keep that in mind.

If you have access to the Chiefs Crowd via your phone, I will update where we are located once we set up shop.

It easiest to get to Lot N, but entering the stadium using Gate 6. For those who don't know how to get there, Gate 6 is off stadium drive. You can get to Stadium either off I35 or off 40 hwy. Stadium is one block away from Sports Nutz. When you go into Gate 6, stay on the right or they will park you in the Grass way up on the hill.
    Last edited by Seek; 12-30-2010 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    This isnt a requirement to attend is it?
    They let a bunch or raider fans in last week.

Quote Originally Posted by kcnative View Post
    So I'm new here but have been a Chiefs fan since I was born. My wife and I would love to join your tailgate if you guys are open to that. We will be driving up from Nashville on Sat and staying at the Drury by the stadium so we'll be walking to the game. I will bring beer and food and/or $$...whatever's needed.

I'm 37 and normal. No felonies, diseases, or missing limbs. I just really don't know anyone in KC anymore...
    Food is covered. Just bring your own drinks. Lot n is the opposite side of deity in. It is back by the practice facility, but please come of you can.

Right on, thank you kindly.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Food is covered. Just bring your own drinks. Lot n is the opposite side of deity in. It is back by the practice facility, but please come of you can.
    Deity = Drury. Stupid Iphone auto spell.

The lates weather reports I saw, showed the cold front coming in on Saturday. Possible snow showers Saturday and Sunday. Another report showed a chance for a few Flurries on Sunday, with it getting worse on Monday.

When the cold front hits is a question, but it does look like Sunday won't be warm and sunny.

I started preparing my wife for the cold this morning. The coldest game she's been to was when KC came to TN a few years ago. It was about 32˚ and ended up snowing during the game.

I hope we are able to tell whether or not we're going to have to drive up/back in snow though...it would help to have the Jeep. But due to gas mileage, I'd much rather take our other car.

If/when it does snow, is it supposed to be a lot?

...and sometimes I HATE iPhone auto spell. But it's more handy than not.

Default Awesome

Well this will be the first KC game I have been able to go to (I live in VA so it is a bit of a drive). I was curious if you still had any room for more people to join in.
    It would be me and my wife, I am 24 and she is 26 so not sure if that is too young for the crowd or something. I never have been to a game as my dad is a giants fan and well I never really liked the giants...

Quote Originally Posted by LlamaNinja View Post
    Well this will be the first KC game I have been able to go to (I live in VA so it is a bit of a drive). I was curious if you still had any room for more people to join in.
    It would be me and my wife, I am 24 and she is 26 so not sure if that is too young for the crowd or something. I never have been to a game as my dad is a giants fan and well I never really liked the giants...
    Sure, I am smoking pulled Pork and Brisket. The pulled pork itself will feed up to 40 people.

Quote Originally Posted by kcnative View Post
    I started preparing my wife for the cold this morning. The coldest game she's been to was when KC came to TN a few years ago. It was about 32˚ and ended up snowing during the game.

I hope we are able to tell whether or not we're going to have to drive up/back in snow though...it would help to have the Jeep. But due to gas mileage, I'd much rather take our other car.

If/when it does snow, is it supposed to be a lot?

right now it is just a few flurries. To be honest they are never right. They may expect a foot of snow and we get half an inch. Some times flurries end up being 6 inches... They then make the excuse that their viewing coverage is so large that it covers from Colorado to St. Louis and some where in that area they were right.

KCTV5.com - Weather Maps

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast