Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Charlie Weis-Stay or Go

Default Charlie Weis-Stay or Go

Just read this from Mort on twitter- Filed to ESPN and as Gainesville Sun's Pat Dooley suggested, Charlie Weis is likely bound for Univ. of Florida as offensive coordinator.

Link to article- http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5974715

Quote Originally Posted by -KcKing- View Post
    Michael Smith's twitter- I can assure you Chiefs HC Todd Haley isn't the least bit disappointed over "losing" OC Charlie Weis to the University of Florida.

Everyone is talking like it is pretty much a done deal. But I agree I'd rather lose Weis than Crennel. I just really hope McDaniels doesn't get the job.
    Am I missing something? Haley and Charlie not getting along? Is Charlie not a good OC because I thought he was? Do you think our offense will lack next year with a different OC? If McDaniels does get the job I am ok with it, plus he will be used to Haley pointing and being mad at him so atleast McDaniels will be ready to deal with the stress.

I tweeted him to see if he could give us a little inside scoop, guess just wait and see if he answers. Your guys guesses are just as good as mine at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeye View Post
    Am I missing something? Haley and Charlie not getting along? Is Charlie not a good OC because I thought he was? Do you think our offense will lack next year with a different OC? If McDaniels does get the job I am ok with it, plus he will be used to Haley pointing and being mad at him so atleast McDaniels will be ready to deal with the stress.
    There was rumors going on during the middle of th season that Todd Haley and Charlie were yelling at each other during practice and stuff but they both never admitted to it so who knows. I dont really want Weis to leave but if he does I do want Mcdaniels to come to kc because he already knows the offense and he is very good at coaching up the QB's so I hope charlie dont leave but if he does please bring in Mcdaniels

My personal thoughts on this, and this is entirely my own opinion....

McDaniels is a guy that Pioli likes. My guess is that Pioli wanted to get him here with Haley in 2009, but McDaniels took the Broncos job. Now that he's free, I feel like Charlie might be being forced out. It doesn't make much sense to me that he would leave an NFL OC job for a college one. I personally will welcome McDaniels with open arms, because he is a great offensive coordinator. I look to the great potential of this offense, and I see Cassel becoming a top 5 QB under McDaniels, with weapons like McCluster getting utilized more often in the slot with the addiition of a new #2 WR next year across from Bowe. This offense will be scary good.

All I know, is that I hope this is not a big distraction to the team, especially with the playoffs coming up.

I don't think Wies is going anywhere.

Our team is once again a story the media is interested in. Being contacted and saying Charlie is the man they want is true, all the rest of this story is fabricated IMO

Our coaching staff is putting aside knee injuries till the season has ended. These guys have a rich and storied history together, when Haley says this is the first he heard of it I believe that. These guys agreed to rebuild our franchise, we're not rebuilt.

We are less than two weeks from hosting a playoff game. I believe Charlie was contacted and I would bet he told them that he wouldn't entertain any ideas while the season is still going on.

After we win the superbowl in a couple years these stories will mean more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeye View Post

Thet fact is we don't know anything for sure. good relationship or bad, who knows? It's all just a guessing game right now that is what we do know. We all had our fun in the past with lil'MickyD and the jokes and what have you but the fact is he is a very good OC. I do remember when Wies came on board a statement being made that this could only be for a year or two. He must not be under any long term contract if the Chiefs are letting people contact him for a job at the same level as here in KC. For what ever reasons it's the next few games I am concerned about at this point in time. After that it's all in Pioli and Haley's hands and I trust them to do the right thing. They have done pretty good so far!

There seems to be alot of talk like this is already a done deal. Maybe with Weis health he is wanting to take a step back. That's the only thing I can think of as to why he would make this move.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    There seems to be alot of talk like this is already a done deal. Maybe with Weis health he is wanting to take a step back. That's the only thing I can think of as to why he would make this move.
    Also true. I think a college kid is less of a responsibility for him. He's a family man. He has a kid with down's syndrome too I believe and probably wants to spend more time with his family.

what's wrong with his health ???
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Besides being overweight, nothing really. From what I understand he lives in New York so it would not really be closer to home but, the seasons are shorter so yes he would have more home time to spend with his daughter who is autistic. The way it'sbeing told on ESPN sounds as if it's pretty much for sure.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast