Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Charlie Weis-Stay or Go

Default Charlie Weis-Stay or Go

Just read this from Mort on twitter- Filed to ESPN and as Gainesville Sun's Pat Dooley suggested, Charlie Weis is likely bound for Univ. of Florida as offensive coordinator.

Link to article- http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5974715

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post

My guess is that Haley and Weis didn't get along all that well and Haley told him to move along or he'd shove him out the door. I think I remember something being said that Haley reserved the right to butt in and make a play change. My guess is they just couldn't work well together. Makes you wonder just how much of the offense Weis was calling and if it was better when he was calling it or Haley.... Just sayin....
    There may be something to this post. The playcalling was really odd at the beginning of the season and has gotten much better. Possibly because Haley stepped in.
    But I would caution everyone about taking this thread too seriously. Chris Mortenson is reporting this and his track record is not good to say the least. His KC source also told him that the Chiefs agreed to terms with Mike Shanahan to be our current coach. I'm sure some of you remember that load of crap. Mort is out of touch and reaches for stories to keep up with the Adam Schefters' of the world. Until Weiss comments, take it all with a grain of salt. Nobody takes a lateral move from Pro to college unless they are being forced to.
    Last edited by Coach; 12-31-2010 at 08:59 PM.

lol Coach, I do remember that, Good point...Thanks!

IF, this is all true, I wouldn't be opposed to McDaniels coming here as long as his ego is kept in check. He has done some great things in the past and has a younger mindset ala Haley. I think they would make a good team. I don't like Josh due to the SpyGate scenario but if he can help the Chiefs and keep his nose clean, I'll welcome him once he's proven himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    There may be something to this post. The playcalling was really odd at the beginning of the season and has gotten much better. Possibly because Haley stepped in.
    But I would caution everyone about taking this thread too seriously. Chris Mortenson is reporting this and his track record is not good to say the least. His KC source also told him that the Chiefs agreed to terms with Mike Shanahan to be our current coach. I'm sure some of you remember that load of crap. Mort is out of touch and reaches for stories to keep up with the Adam Schefters' of the world. Until Weiss comments, take it all with a grain of salt. Nobody takes a lateral move from Pro to college unless they are being forced to.
    I do recall the Shanahan reports. I think that Mortison even said that was confirmed. I won't be sure that Charlie is moveing on untill he is moveing on.

Todd Haley is the reason that I won't be to upset should Wise move on. He did a pretty good job as our OC at the end of last season. WORST CASE he is once again our head coach/OC. This would not be the end of the world.

I like the help charlie gave us and all.We will have more success with a OC that will go down the field alittle more.Charlie likes the run and the short passing game.Backs coming out in the flats.We need an OC that will stretch the field.When all you do is run and a short passing game,you can stck 8 or 9 in the box and cover are run game and pass game.To tell you the truth ,I think Haley had him open it up alittle last week.we will get Fitzgerald in here next year and game on baby.We will have a potent run game and pass game.With all the weapons we have.Im glad we had charlie for the time we did,but at the same time will be glad to see him go.Just my opinion.Good luck to you charlie if you leave us.

Quote Originally Posted by -KcKing- View Post
    My question is why would you want to leave a playoff NFL team for the same job in college? And to top it off having to "be under" a head coach that has had zero experience. Confuses the heck outta me.
    Maybe he's thinking that in the long term there maybe a head coaching gig in it for him. I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Excellent point!

If we were going to lose one of our coordinators, I would definitely prefer it to be Weiss. Crennel is getting much more out of our players than any previous DC's.

Well, Weiss did find a way to get Cassell and Bowe on the same page. That was the biggest step in the offense this year. When the quitter was still running good, our offense still stunk because there was no passing threat. So an effective pass threat has opened up the running game and vice-versa. Basically Weiss has shaped us into a very balanced offense, with a serious passing game. I would hate to see him go.

Default Tomorrow's Raiders Game Tickets Lower Level

I have 4 tix in Section 105, 3rd and 4th rows. Turns out we cannot make it. Anyone want to buy them at really good price?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast