Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Charlie Weis-Stay or Go

Hybrid View

Default Charlie Weis-Stay or Go

Just read this from Mort on twitter- Filed to ESPN and as Gainesville Sun's Pat Dooley suggested, Charlie Weis is likely bound for Univ. of Florida as offensive coordinator.

Link to article- http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5974715

I just read that as well... Maybe the Josh McDaniels rumors hold some water.

It is very much a bummer that we are gonna lose him but I feel like he built a great foundation with a young offense. I don't see any BIG changes to our offensive personnel that would rock the boat.

I would not mind seeing Haley and McDaniels working together on an offense. He proved very valuable in NE and I bet his recent firing humbled him a bit.

Our O will still be potent... and I hate to say it... but I rather lose Weis than Crennel. But I am a defense kinda guy.

My question is why would you want to leave a playoff NFL team for the same job in college? And to top it off having to "be under" a head coach that has had zero experience. Confuses the heck outta me.

Quote Originally Posted by -KcKing- View Post
    My question is why would you want to leave a playoff NFL team for the same job in college? And to top it off having to "be under" a head coach that has had zero experience. Confuses the heck outta me.
    I agree that is odd, not sure I understand the thinking behind all this.

Haley and McDaniels ???? that's a cobra mongoose act
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Maybe he's thinking that in the long term there maybe a head coaching gig in it for him. I don't know.

Michael Smith's twitter- I can assure you Chiefs HC Todd Haley isn't the least bit disappointed over "losing" OC Charlie Weis to the University of Florida.

Everyone is talking like it is pretty much a done deal. But I agree I'd rather lose Weis than Crennel. I just really hope McDaniels doesn't get the job.

Michael Smith's twitter- I can assure you Chiefs HC Todd Haley isn't the least bit disappointed over "losing" OC Charlie Weis to the University of Florida.

Everyone is talking like it is pretty much a done deal. But I agree I'd rather lose Weis than Crennel. I just really hope McDaniels doesn't get the job.
    Love him or hate him the guy knows matt cassel...well!

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Love him or hate him the guy knows matt cassel...well!
    This is true, I guess I just don't like him because he is a cheater and I just don't really like his attitude. Any of you think that handshake will have any effect on if he gets it or not?

But, who cares it's almost playoff time!!!

Am I missing something? Haley and Charlie not getting along? Is Charlie not a good OC because I thought he was? Do you think our offense will lack next year with a different OC? If McDaniels does get the job I am ok with it, plus he will be used to Haley pointing and being mad at him so atleast McDaniels will be ready to deal with the stress.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast