Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Charlie Weis-Stay or Go

Default Charlie Weis-Stay or Go

Just read this from Mort on twitter- Filed to ESPN and as Gainesville Sun's Pat Dooley suggested, Charlie Weis is likely bound for Univ. of Florida as offensive coordinator.

Link to article- http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5974715

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    If we were going to lose one of our coordinators, I would definitely prefer it to be Weiss. Crennel is getting much more out of our players than any previous DC's.
    Me to. Worst come to worst we have Todd Haley as OC. We don't have that for DC. I would rather Haley just be the head coach but that's not a horrible worst case spot to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Me to. Worst come to worst we have Todd Haley as OC. We don't have that for DC. I would rather Haley just be the head coach but that's not a horrible worst case spot to be in.
    Put that idea out of your head. I like Haley as a head coach and a head coach ONLY. Yeah, he knows the job, but there is just too much for one guy to do both of those jobs and it shows.

The choice Haley made last year with going for both head coach and offensive coordinator was a terrible one. We cannot go back to that.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Put that idea out of your head. I like Haley as a head coach and a head coach ONLY. Yeah, he knows the job, but there is just too much for one guy to do both of those jobs and it shows.

The choice Haley made last year with going for both head coach and offensive coordinator was a terrible one. We cannot go back to that.
    Agreed! He's doing a fine job as the HC, no need in piling more on his plate and ruining the system that we have, which seems to be working.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

I agree with that. I don't want him to go back to that. But we could have a lot worse then that. That's all I was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by -KcKing- View Post
    Just read this from Mort on twitter- Filed to ESPN and as Gainesville Sun's Pat Dooley suggested, Charlie Weis is likely bound for Univ. of Florida as offensive coordinator.

Link to article- Florida Gators want Charlie Weis to be offensive coordinator, sources say - ESPN
    HAHAH Really? That would be a demotion of the largest magnitude. Unless Haley and Weiss are not on the same page, I find this incredibly stupid. Maybe this is coming out because Weiss and Haley are not working eye to eye, but it would seem that who ever is calling the plays is getting it done. All the other has to do is get on board, whether it is Haley or Weiss.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I cannot believe that a professional OC, who has a chance to become a head coach in the NFL with the results he has achieved would go to the NCAA for a potential HC job eventually. Even if Haley wanted to let him go, I can think of 3 NFL teams that would snatch him up instantly: Tennessee, Jacksonville and Cleveland. The more I think about it, the more I think this is a media driven story. On NFL Network they quoted Haley as saying, "It's news to me". I think it is being pushed by those in the media who still see KC as the Siberian gulag coaches are banished to and can't wait to leave. I will believe it when the news conference with Weiss or Haley is called to announce it. The sports media is controlled by the Left and East coast, and it is in there interest to derail KC's amazing run. To the media pimps pushing this crap I have 1 thing to say:

Oh yeah, the 69ers would jump at the chance, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    I cannot believe that a professional OC, who has a chance to become a head coach in the NFL with the results he has achieved would go to the NCAA for a potential HC job eventually. Even if Haley wanted to let him go, I can think of 3 NFL teams that would snatch him up instantly: Tennessee, Jacksonville and Cleveland. The more I think about it, the more I think this is a media driven story. On NFL Network they quoted Haley as saying, "It's news to me". I think it is being pushed by those in the media who still see KC as the Siberian gulag coaches are banished to and can't wait to leave. I will believe it when the news conference with Weiss or Haley is called to announce it. The sports media is controlled by the Left and East coast, and it is in there interest to derail KC's amazing run. To the media pimps pushing this crap I have 1 thing to say:
    It's amazing how little we are talked about. Even after we won the AFC west they mentioned that we won it then talked to 10 minuits about the CHARGERS. But They are more the willing to talk alot about this. We for sure don't get our due respect from the media but after 3 superbowl wins they will HAVE to show us some. I say we do that.

Josh McDaniels would be a good offensive coordinator for us as long as him and Todd Haley can get along.

Now I'm reading Weis's son has ties to the Florida organization and that's why he wants to go. Honestly, that's the explanation that makes the most sense to me.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast