Thread: A few more tidbits from Herm.

Default A few more tidbits from Herm.

Excerpts taken from: http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/09..._edwards__926/

Q: Did RB Larry Johnson practice today?

EDWARDS: “No, he had a sore hamstring and he didn’t work today. LB Kayaron Fox is out with a hamstring, CB Benny Sapp has an ankle and other than that everybody else is okay.”

Q: Are you concerned about Larry?

EDWARDS: “No, I’m not concerned. He’s just sore. He should be okay. He missed that time, came back and now he’s sore. That’s just part of it.”

- I hope LJ feels good for Sunday.

Q: Has the offensive struggles overshadowed what your defense has been able to do this year?

EDWARDS: “The defense is improving and they are fourth in the league right now, but there is still a lot of work to be done. They have done a fairly decent job in the last two weeks, but it’s about team. The offense has to help the defense and defense has to help the offense. That’s what I really believe. It’s never one entity, it’s about coming together. At times we’re struggling on offense, but I think the defense is helping us in the fact that they are keeping the score down and when we get going offensively we have a shot. That’s what happened last weekend. It will eventually catch up and that’s what you want. You want a good balance and you never want it to be one side of the ball. People sometimes mix-up what I’m saying and they think that since I’m a defensive coach I want the defense to be the best. I want the team to be the best. The thing I know about defense is that if you can play with a lead you can play better defense, but you’ve got to get a lead. With that being said, I want to score touchdowns. I’m a defensive coach and our first-round pick was a wide receiver because I know how important it is to score points. You want to score points and we’ll get it going. It’s just a matter of scoring and gaining more confidence. Everyone feels better when you do that.”

- Can this be? Herm wants to score?? He better make sure Mike is on the same page this week. I find this statement encouraging. That being said, everybody else can continue trashing Herm. I won't stop you. I've already backed up why Herm is a decent coach in my post entitled "Typical", last week. Everybody is entitled to their opinions. However, I try to base mine on fact. And the stats say Herm is a successful coach. Don't take my work for it. Look it up.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

I think HERM is a fair to decent coach that I WANT to like.

He has a record of destroying QB's health and confidence by playing such a non aggressive offense.

Sounds very encouraging to me.

He has inherited excellent teams and not been able to capitalize on their previous successes.

If he does what he says he wants to do, I will be so happy!

If I stop witnessing him making terrible game plans I will change my tune!

I don't like being a hermhater... I just am worried about the Chiefs future with this guy.

Let me be wrong please.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I wasn't referring to anybody specifically. It just seems that NOBODY likes Herm at this point. I have my problems with him too, especially this year. I was ready to throw him under the bus but I realized that his track-record proves me wrong on that.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

I don't know that I exactly hate Herm as a coach. I do think some of his decisions on assistant coaches and coordinators is somewhat questionable but hey, it's still the good ole boys network and we would probably do the same. However, if your willing to give your buddy a shot, you have to be willing to get rid of him if he is not doing the job. After all, you are the one responsible for this mess, it could cost you your job!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I don't know that I exactly hate Herm as a coach. I do think some of his decisions on assistant coaches and coordinators is somewhat questionable but hey, it's still the good ole boys network and we would probably do the same. However, if your willing to give your buddy a shot, you have to be willing to get rid of him if he is not doing the job. After all, you are the one responsible for this mess, it could cost you your job!

You mean like Carl?

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    ...- Can this be? Herm wants to score?? He better make sure Mike is on the same page this week. I find this statement encouraging. That being said, everybody else can continue trashing Herm. I won't stop you. I've already backed up why Herm is a decent coach in my post entitled "Typical", last week. Everybody is entitled to their opinions. However, I try to base mine on fact. And the stats say Herm is a successful coach. Don't take my work for it. Look it up.

Sounds to me like it's Herm wanting not to get fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Sounds to me like it's Herm wanting not to get fired.
    I don't care what Herm wants. HE'S GONE!!!! I put in for his pink slip this week.

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Herm doesn't sound convincing when he says that. Hope I'm wrong and he has seen the light, but not counting on it just yet. Let's hope that he remebers that, when the offseason arrives.