Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Done deal weis is leaving

Quote Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
    I thought other teams were not allowed to solicit players/coaches on another team if their season is still active..I'm guessing that applies only to NFL teams? Even if it does, what a cheap shot by Wies and Florida...I hope they both swing from a yardarm.
    They asked the Chiefs for permission. Who cares if Weis is leaving? He's still the OC through the end of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    They asked the Chiefs for permission. Who cares if Weis is leaving? He's still the OC through the end of this year.
    Exactly, who cares! If Crennel was leaving, I'd be pissed.

Weis is running Haley's offense. So will the next O.C. whomever it might be. Weiss was mainly responsible for play selection which IMO has been very suspect many times this year. Passing on 3rd and short when we were averaging 6 yards a carry. Running plays when its 3rd and long. A lot of head scratchers this year IMO. He out thought himself many times.
    Last edited by Coach; 01-02-2011 at 07:59 PM.

I'm guessing there is truth to this. Anyways I'd like to thank him for coming to Kansas City regardless of thoughts on his performance and wish him the best if he does indeed leave for Florida. My only problem is the timing of this being leaked....

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    I'm guessing there is truth to this. Anyways I'd like to thank him for coming to Kansas City regardless of thoughts on his performance and wish him the best if he does indeed leave for Florida. My only problem is the timing of this being leaked....
    That's the age we live in these days with the internet there are very few storys that don't get leaked a few days before it's annonced.

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    I'm pretty sure this just "didn't happen" and the Chiefs were aware of it well before the announcement.
    No doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    I read somewhere that he wants to be closer to his son. Not sure if thats true or not. But it makes sense cuz Weis has a lot of health issues. Putting his family first.

Let's bring in McDaniels! He's a horrible HC but an offensive genius!
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    There has to be more to the story then this, He has done a great job for us and I wish him well.

We still have the same run game and we will be ok. Cassel and Bowe got it going on, We will have another OC that will be good.

Winning is habit forming and the Chiefs are addicted. It will be much easier for the next coach to come in and take over.

Just will find it hard to like Josh Mac. if they bring him in.

But I'll learn to love another.

Thanks Weis, for a great season, just wish you didn't leave just yet, but Best Wishes to ya, Be Wise!!!
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    I don't want Mcspy. its the end of our running game. he'll turn Cassel into a throwing fool.
    I believe that injury, or old age, are the only ways to end a running game that features JC.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I just don't like the timing of this announcement as others have stated. It could have waited until after the season.
    Absolutely.

McD, should he be our next OC, has to have impressed people with the work that he did with Kyle Orton, a guy The Bears got rid of because he was completely unable to throw the ball downfield.

And, while the whole football world seemed to have determined that Tim Tebow couldn't play NFL QB, one could presume that McDaniels' guidance paved the way for him to play pretty well when he did get to play.

And, should he be our next OC, how nice would it be to have him living off of a huge settlement from The Broncos, while calling the plays to destroy them?

I think McD is a very good OC but because of everything that happen in Denver, I'm not too sure Pioli and Haley will go for it tho I could very well be wrong. Question is can Haley and McD get along? As Coach has said I do question some of Wies's play calling and wonder if that could have been the biggest problem there. Out of respect for KC they (Fla) should have kept there mouth's shut until after our season ended. But the fact is Cassel improved Greatly under Wies. Back to McD, he made some very questionable decisions when he went to Denver, Peyton Hillis, Brady Quinn and so on and oh, spygate, yea, he didn't know about that but he did watch the tape and didn't say anything. Now he won't have the control he had in Denver and IF Haley and McD could team up and make a good odd couple then I am all for it. I am just worried that McD would want more say so on who he keeps and what he wants. Sorry it's early and I'm just rambling! lol

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    I think McD is a very good OC but because of everything that happen in Denver, I'm not too sure Pioli and Haley will go for it tho I could very well be wrong. Question is can Haley and McD get along? As Coach has said I do question some of Wies's play calling and wonder if that could have been the biggest problem there. Out of respect for KC they (Fla) should have kept there mouth's shut until after our season ended. But the fact is Cassel improved Greatly under Wies. Back to McD, he made some very questionable decisions when he went to Denver, Peyton Hillis, Brady Quinn and so on and oh, spygate, yea, he didn't know about that but he did watch the tape and didn't say anything. Now he won't have the control he had in Denver and IF Haley and McD could team up and make a good odd couple then I am all for it. I am just worried that McD would want more say so on who he keeps and what he wants. Sorry it's early and I'm just rambling! lol
    McDaniels right now has to be thinking the best he could hope for is a OC job. There is no chance he will be a head coach again for a few more years unless it is at a college level.

As for him coming here? I find that a long shot, there is something going around the league about him as a head coach. I think his youth got him in trouble a little as well. I doubt he will come here after what went on in Denver.

One thing about Whitlock's article that struck me is the size of Haley's ego. I am not sure any OC will be able to come in here and work with Haley. Haley seems to be unable to release the reigns on the offensive side of the ball.

We will see though.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    McDaniels right now has to be thinking the best he could hope for is a OC job. There is no chance he will be a head coach again for a few more years unless it is at a college level.

As for him coming here? I find that a long shot, there is something going around the league about him as a head coach. I think his youth got him in trouble a little as well. I doubt he will come here after what went on in Denver.

One thing about Whitlock's article that struck me is the size of Haley's ego. I am not sure any OC will be able to come in here and work with Haley. Haley seems to be unable to release the reigns on the offensive side of the ball.

We will see though.
    The only times I have ever heard of Haleys ego are 1. When Waters was complaining about him at the start of the year and 2. From Fatlock.

Waters is now going to the Pro Bowl and I think Fatlock is full of sh!t so I dont put a lot of stock in this Haleys ego crap.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    The only times I have ever heard of Haleys ego are 1. When Waters was complaining about him at the start of the year and 2. From Fatlock.

Waters is now going to the Pro Bowl and I think Fatlock is full of sh!t so I dont put a lot of stock in this Haleys ego crap.
    I completely agree and ignore Fatlock every chance I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post

Agreed not to mention that your #1 was the same time that Haley and Pioli were trying to bring in our QBotF and an OLB that's played great for us for two years now.

As to your second point....Fatlock calling someone else egotistical....pot...this is kettle. Fatlock is just jealous that he never got a story out of Haley or Pioli so now he bags on them as much as possible. That's cool, he can keep bagging on them all the way til after the super bowl when Haley has a ring on his finger.

Fatlock =

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast