Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Is this a playoff team?

Default Is this a playoff team?

Come on people, let's face it, the Chiefs won a division that was terrible this year. Unless a miracle happens, the Ravens or whoever KC plays is going to spank
    the Chiefs just like the 8-8 Raiders did today.

I really believe that the chiefs can compete with any team. This young team even if doesn't go far will have the taste in their mouths and next year will be a favorite going into the season.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KC_Fan View Post
    I am a realist. Yes we won the division because of weak schedule and the chargers choking huge. I just believe we are a few year away from a legitimate run. We need to rebuild the oline and get some wr. We need a pass rush that's consistent. I'm not saying that we don't have players that can't do it. They just need time to mature and grow.
    This season will be a learning experience worth a great deal to our young team. The way we played today and 3 other games this year shows we aren't there yet. We tried to win today or why would have haley kept in the starters esp. Matt all day...we couldn't do anything.
    One whole month to completely change your opinion?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by KC DADDY View Post
    Come on my friend the Chiefs are done. They are not a playoff team and they are going to get spanked. I will be at the game but we will lose just like we did to the raiders. I hope i am wrong.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RACQbZviq4"]YouTube - KANSAS CITY CHIEFS AFC West Champs 2010[/ame]

I feel that the Chiefs are kind of a paper tiger. They had an incredibly weak schedule this season.

They only beat one team with more wins than losses, the Chargers at 9-7.

Oh, and there were several other abysmal losses besides yesterday's game.

What is all the negativity I keep reading???

Yes....We got whupped by the faders! And I hate it. At the local tavern watching the game I did my best to dull the pain of that painful display and the ribbing I was getting from the faders fan who is always there!

But all this talk that we are somehow not a "legitimate" playoff team is nonsense!

Yes, we had a pretty easy schedule. But y'know, in the last 3 years we have had some reasonably easy schedules and what were our records those 3 years? 4-12; 2-14; 4-12.

Plenty of other teams have had easy schedules over the years and wound up with awful records.

We're 10-6 and won the AFC West!

Two things can be guaranteed in the playoffs......

1) On any given Sunday.....

2) Win or go home.

Do I expect we will win the Superbowl? Not enough to bet any major money on it. But we are in the Playoffs and have a home game for the first round so we at least have a chance which is more than you can say for 20 other teams!

So lets quit talking about how weak our schedule was, how bad the Faders beat us and concentrate on cheering on the AFC West Champions to their first home playoff victory in almost 20 years!!!

GO CHIEFS!!!

it does seem when we lose we get slammed, but it still counts the same in the standings as a 1pt loss. this team has overachieved and i am thrilled to death to be atop the AFC west at 10-6. i am still hurting from this loss which is harder to swallow than if we get blown out next week. that said, the ravens did not look very impressive sunday either and can be beaten by an over achieving team like the CHIEFS. lots of emotions running high right now but lets refocus by sunday on the only game that really counts now.

Default Why not one more Charles carry?

Why in the world with 7:55 left in the game, did the offense yesterday not give Jamaal Charles one more carry to break Jim Brown's 50 year record for yards per carry? At one point in the game yesterday, he took the lead and had the record. But then, his last carry was for -1. His chance at the record fell short by .02 yards a carry. I think that would have been a major desire of the coaching staff to at least give him all the opportunities to make that happen. What a work horse he has been for this team this year. Thank you for your hard work this year #25. We look forward to seeing you in the future where I know you will break that record! Go Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the Chiefs are a solid young team and the Ravens specifically have a weak secondary Cassel can take advantage of. However alot of talking heads on NFL Network, ESPN and even this site here: AFC Preview: Baltimore Ravens @ Kansas City Chiefs at Pro Football Rant dont seem to give us much of a chance.

They are definitely a playoff team as they are playing next week but they have to play to their strengths to move to the next round and add a few more pieces in the off-season to be a legitimate contender.

Those talking heads haven't given us a chance all season!!

I don't really consider someone a credible journalist when this is your last sentence in the article!!

there is always next year and hey at least you got rid of fat *** Weis quicker than the Fighting Irish did!
    Last edited by Canada; 01-03-2011 at 03:27 PM.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by afcwestchamps View Post
    Yeah this is a playoff team. I wish that all you Cheif fanboys watch this game,(ravens) I cant wait to hear how all you will disown your team after that game, I will be embarresed for being a afc west team fan, thanks for nothing.
    You are already embarrassed.

How about if you start sizing up draft prospects to hide your shame?

Quote Originally Posted by 1KC_Fan View Post
    I am a realist. Yes we won the division because of weak schedule and the chargers choking huge.
    Chargers choking, or not, The Chiefs are 10-6.

Quote Originally Posted by KC DADDY View Post
    Come on my friend the Chiefs are done. They are not a playoff team and they are going to get spanked. I will be at the game but we will lose just like we did to the raiders. I hope i am wrong.
    What do we have to do to convince you to not bother attending?

You have no business being there, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    You are already embarrassed.

How about if you start sizing up draft prospects to hide your shame?

Chargers choking, or not, The Chiefs are 10-6.

What do we have to do to convince you to not bother attending?

You have no business being there, do you?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345