Thread: Locking down this young team.

Default Locking down this young team.

I know it is a little but early to start this kind of talk... But I did a little research to try and find out where we are contract wise with our emerging talent.

I know we locked up Charles and Hali... But I was wondering where we stood with some others.

Aren't Bowe, Flowers, Carr, and DJ all on contract years? I am not sure...

I know DJ has had his ins and outs with haley and crew but this guy has bloomed in Crennels scheme and I hope we can lock him down long term.

I would like nothing more than to go into this preseason and draft only having to address our current needs and not acquire more because we cant get deals done.

Thoughts?

We haven't locked up Hali...And it sounds like the two sides are far from an agreement. He's a good candidate to get the franchise tag.

Bowe and Flowers both still have another year on their contract.

Derrick Johnson is locked up. They nailed that contract down this year.

I believe that Carr is on a contract year right now. Him and Hali are probably the two highest priorities in the offseason.

ahhh... gotcha. Thanks a lot. I had DJ and Hali mixed up.

I cant imagine that Hali and the chiefs wont work something out... though if they are far apart that is a bit concerning. I bet he is looking to get Dumervil/Suggs kinda money...

I would love to see Hali get locked up. He definitely deserves it! The good news is we won't have to throw out top 5 money this year to a rookie, which I would hope frees up some for Hali. The Chiefs were the second lowest paid team last year. They should have money to spend.

Team-by-team salary cap numbers, if there were a salary cap | ProFootballTalk

We HAVE to get Hali locked up. Without him we don't have any pass rush to speak of. It's just something that we have to do.

Good find. I didn't realize that the skins spent almost 100 mil more than us this year.. Dan Snyder has to be bummed. I have always hated Haynesworth... what a bust signing.

But bottom line I agree with this being a must happen situation. I understand being on the fence with jared allen... But Hali fits our scheme and we won't find an equal replacement for him this offseason.

So at the very least we have him for one more year with the Tag... But I dont think 84 mil is gonna cut it. We have to open up the checkbook and pay these guys.

Hali said he wants to stay in KC and that they would wait till the season was over to talk about the contract.. not worried about him at all.