Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is this a playoff team?

Default Is this a playoff team?

Come on people, let's face it, the Chiefs won a division that was terrible this year. Unless a miracle happens, the Ravens or whoever KC plays is going to spank
    the Chiefs just like the 8-8 Raiders did today.

Please...this game meant absolutely nothing to the Chiefs, while it was the Raiders super bowl.

Come next week, the stadium will be electric and the Chiefs are going to be much more competitive.

I felt like the Raiders front 7 was on steroids. We have not had this kind of problem ALL YEAR except the LAST TIME we played the Raiders...hmmmm
    It starts with the Offensive line

anyone who thinks this game meant nothing and that we can just turn it all around without batting an eyelash are delusional. Whoever we're facing next week now has 60 minutes of footage of everything they need in order to pull off a perfect victory over the chiefs.

Heres one thing last bizarre twist of logic that im holding onto out of some desperate outreach for hope - the chiefs planned to lose this way this bad and made no adjustments so that we could lure our playoff team next week to commit to doing everything the raiders did, and then we suddenly have an answer for all of it. Judging by the expressions on Haley's face, im going to say thats not a likely scenario.

Weis - GTFO i hate your selfish fat face. Ive not been in love with your play calls all year, and this is one pathetic way to end your NFL career.

Chiefs either proved that they have a winning record only because theyve had such a weak schedule, or the Raiders have just proved that you can go 6-0 in the division and still not make the playoffs. maybe its a good mix of both. Either way i know theres a large segment of the fanbase population who are laughing at us right now.

That's alright. I have plans on the 16th of January, this team will not make it past the first round the way they played today.

Did we even have an offensive line in the game today?

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

It's very much possible that the Chiefs held back and didn't show everything today. They are going to have to play a similar team next week in the playoffs. It was clear throughout the game that it simply meant more to the Raiders than it did to the Chiefs. I'm not saying that the Chiefs weren't trying to win, but the Raiders were clearly the more passionate team today.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    It's very much possible that the Chiefs held back and didn't show everything today. They are going to have to play a similar team next week in the playoffs. It was clear throughout the game that it simply meant more to the Raiders than it did to the Chiefs. I'm not saying that the Chiefs weren't trying to win, but the Raiders were clearly the more passionate team today.
    This...You'd think the sky is falling with some of the reaction's I've seen around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    This...You'd think the sky is falling with some of the reaction's I've seen around here.
    And this ^^. Just because they lost today doesn't mean they are going to lose next week. I really believe they're going to win next week. They will be focused and ready to play next week.

As I said earlier today, it is still a 4 game trip to a championship. So we play the Ravens instead of the Jets. So? The one thing that has me concerned is that even if we held back, why was Cassell having to run for his life again? That looked like a 2009 game today. They had better find a way to get the O line shored up before the blitz-happy Ravens come to town. I am thinking if we trade or draft anyone that isn't a 300lb+ offensive lineman this coming off-season, Pioli may not be the genius we think he is. Well, ON TO THE PLAYOFFS! Go Chiefs!!!

Ravens
    Patriots
    Colts
    Falcons

Thats a tall order. Why not us, Pittsburgh did it from the sixth seed.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast