Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can we all finally agree

Default Can we all finally agree

We need major help on our O-line? I have said it many times and I'll say it again our O-line is not gonna get it done. Branden Albert is not a LT he's a guard, lilja is too small wiegman and waters are too old. We look good against small d-lines like the Titans but against real pass rushers like the Colts and Raiders we look horrible and can't get any holes open and we can't protect our QB. We honestly have gotten lucky this year in not facing many teams that have great pass rushers but when we do we look bad. This is should be our number one priority in the draft, our defense is good, special teams good, our rb's excellent and if we could build our line and get another good WR we would have an excellent passing game.

Wait a moment... most of the year, with the #1 rushing attack, we were getting praise galore here and out there for our O-line and its play. I'm not saying we don't need help (I'm always up for improvement), but these guys haven't played that bad this year.

Cassell hasn't been sacked that much, and we've run up a ton of rushing yards and TDs, and have sprung some pretty big plays with this line.

So- should we improve the O-line? Definitely. Is this one a disaster? Not really, in my mind.

Now if you want to talk about our backup QB situation...

You know that I'm with you all the way on this one, fig. It's time to draft some talented players for the O-Line. They've only drafted 2 O-Lineman in the top 3 rounds in the last 10 years ( Albert and Asamoah ) and that isn't going to be enough to help them over the long haul.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Wait a moment... most of the year, with the #1 rushing attack, we were getting praise galore here and out there for our O-line and its play. I'm not saying we don't need help (I'm always up for improvement), but these guys haven't played that bad this year.

Cassell hasn't been sacked that much, and we've run up a ton of rushing yards and TDs, and have sprung some pretty big plays with this line.

So- should we improve the O-line? Definitely. Is this one a disaster? Not really, in my mind.

Keep on saying ignorant stuff like our O-line is fine and we will keep getting beaten by teams with dominant d-lines. The whole first half of the year Cassel had to throw the ball the second it was snapped, and people kept wondering why. Because our line is tiny we don't handle big D-lines well. I'm scared for the Ravens game the Raiders are good at being physical and attacking the qb but the Ravens are even better.

I will say, I wouldn't be upset with them going 1st round this year on a Center.

Address the backup QB thing in free agency, but it NEEDS addressed.

And further:

Keep on saying ignorant stuff like our O-line is fine and we will keep getting beaten by teams with dominant d-lines. The whole first half of the year Cassel had to throw the ball the second it was snapped, and people kept wondering why. Because our line is tiny we don't handle big D-lines well. I'm scared for the Ravens game the Raiders are good at being physical and attacking the qb but the Ravens are even better.
    Did I say it was fine? Nope. I *did* mention we can always improve it, but I don't think its a disaster. I'm pretty sure right tackle has been meh no matter who we've had in there. I don't know much on stats but it wouldn't seem Branden Albert has been so much of a liability at LT as he's made out to be. Casey is old- that's a fact- and I have ZERO faith in Niswanger to replace him capably.

Every year, I always hope that between free agency and the draft, we'll get a big red wall for our offense. This year, I thought they did ok. I'd love to see a line, though, that can pave the way for JC to get a 2000-yard season and give our QB whole afternoons to throw.
    Last edited by josh1971; 01-02-2011 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post

Excalty the o line is not terrible. They played like crap today but throughout the season they have held up pretty well. YES we need to get better there in the offseason. But they have had a good year for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    We need major help on our O-line? I have said it many times and I'll say it again our O-line is not gonna get it done. Branden Albert is not a LT he's a guard, lilja is too small wiegman and waters are too old. We look good against small d-lines like the Titans but against real pass rushers like the Colts and Raiders we look horrible and can't get any holes open and we can't protect our QB. We honestly have gotten lucky this year in not facing many teams that have great pass rushers but when we do we look bad. This is should be our number one priority in the draft, our defense is good, special teams good, our rb's excellent and if we could build our line and get another good WR we would have an excellent passing game.
    +1. The O-line did improve from the previous year, but this April I hope Pioli focuses on the O-line and really starts to consider grooming replacements for guys like Waters & Wiegmann.

In a way this game showed EXACTLY what we need to be a better team, near as I can tell the pass rush of the Raiders was the best we've faced all year. If we can get a line that can stop the Raiders D-line consistently we'd pretty much be set against anybody in the league.

Please don't view this as being negative - Even with today's loss, am still a really happy Chiefs fan (10-6 & AFC West champs!!). Who'dathunkit ?!?!? They've really improved and there's still another game on the horizon....

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    +1. The O-line did improve from the previous year, but this April I hope Pioli focuses on the O-line and really starts to consider grooming replacements for guys like Waters & Wiegmann.

In a way this game showed EXACTLY what we need to be a better team, near as I can tell the pass rush of the Raiders was the best we've faced all year. If we can get a line that can stop the Raiders D-line consistently we'd pretty much be set against anybody in the league.

Please don't view this as being negative - Even with today's loss, am still a really happy Chiefs fan (10-6 & AFC West champs!!). Who'dathunkit ?!?!? They've really improved and there's still another game on the horizon....

I don't view is as negative and we all are happy to have won 10 games assessing your weaks and strengths is no negative through logic and reasoning, Being negative would be saying our team sucks and we won't ever win in the playoffs because I don't know this to be true and I think we have a good chance to beat the Ravens.

look we over achieved this year, and i hope it continues, but yes we do need to upgrade th "o" line, get a tru NT, and get another elite pass rusher and WR. that should be a piece of cake

take center and right tackle in rounds one and two

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast