Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can we all finally agree

Default Can we all finally agree

We need major help on our O-line? I have said it many times and I'll say it again our O-line is not gonna get it done. Branden Albert is not a LT he's a guard, lilja is too small wiegman and waters are too old. We look good against small d-lines like the Titans but against real pass rushers like the Colts and Raiders we look horrible and can't get any holes open and we can't protect our QB. We honestly have gotten lucky this year in not facing many teams that have great pass rushers but when we do we look bad. This is should be our number one priority in the draft, our defense is good, special teams good, our rb's excellent and if we could build our line and get another good WR we would have an excellent passing game.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Why not give it a try many people said Hali would not cut it as a OLB.

I remember those people saying that. Heck- if they want to give Gilberry a shot at OLB, I certainly won't complain, but I'd still like to see us go for a good pass rusher in free agency or the draft.

Didn't we draft someone last year who was supposed to be a good pass rusher? I think he ended up hurt- can't remember the name and too lazy to look right now.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    I remember those people saying that. Heck- if they want to give Gilberry a shot at OLB, I certainly won't complain, but I'd still like to see us go for a good pass rusher in free agency or the draft.

Didn't we draft someone last year who was supposed to be a good pass rusher? I think he ended up hurt- can't remember the name and too lazy to look right now.
    As would I. That to me is the number 1 thing this offseason followed closely by o line And then WR. Those are our 3 biggest holes for this team IMO. hopefully we get them worked out.

Gotta give him some time. Everyone said the same about Dorsey too, but he has been coming into his own. I am willing to give him some time to develop.

Gilberry is a good player, but he seems pretty one dimensional. Hopefully his game will come together a little better.

As for Hali, it was an adjustment going to linebacker I am sure, but his real job in passing situations has not changed all that much from Defensive End. Gilberry could do it as well but he would have to do what Hali did and lose some weight.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Gotta give him some time. Everyone said the same about Dorsey too, but he has been coming into his own. I am willing to give him some time to develop.

Gilberry is a good player, but he seems pretty one dimensional. Hopefully his game will come together a little better.

As for Hali, it was an adjustment going to linebacker I am sure, but his real job in passing situations has not changed all that much from Defensive End. Gilberry could do it as well but he would have to do what Hali did and lose some weight.
    Wait- give who time?

And yessir- if Gilberry dropped some weight, I'm sure he could make an honest run at OLB.

If Hali's game is just coming together with this year's performance, QBs better beware next year.

Wait- give who time?

And yessir- if Gilberry dropped some weight, I'm sure he could make an honest run at OLB.

If Hali's game is just coming together with this year's performance, QBs better beware next year.
    Bah, I assumed you were talking about Tyson Jackson, where you not?

I tell you one thing I can agree with, the Barry Richardson expirement is over! That guy HAS to go! All the penalties he has had this year, the pushing the coaches and then the number of times he just waved lineman through the line? Almost makes me wish we had Sackintosh back.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I will say this. The Chiefs O-Line did play better than expected this year. Notwithstanding, it is a major area of need for the Chiefs this coming off-season. The top-rated O-Lineman in the coming 2011 draft is Mississippi State's OT Derek Sherrod -- and there is a chance (albeit a slim one) that he could fall to the Chiefs on draft day -- and if he does, then he has to be the pick. In fact, it wouldn't break my heart any to see the Chiefs trade up a few slots for a reasonable cost to take him.

I am all for cutting Brandon Albert right now. Yeah, that may be a bit critical but when your LT gets beat badly and he is watching his QB get killed with his hands on his hips. That is BAD. He completely quit doing his job, when his main job is to protect.

Never ever ever should an offensive lineman have his hands on his hips, watching a play. Okay I can understand getting beat but after about the 5th time, wouldn't you still have some competitive nature in you to try and prevent it instead of watching your QB get slammed to the ground.

I don't want even the quitter playing Guard. He is going to get another player who is trust him to do his job hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    As would I. That to me is the number 1 thing this offseason followed closely by o line And then WR. Those are our 3 biggest holes for this team IMO. hopefully we get them worked out.
    For me the O-line would be first on a list of needs.

Not only do we have some suspect positions there, but the ages are also a major factor.

Between those two factors, the five-position o-line should be our primary focus this off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I will say this. The Chiefs O-Line did play better than expected this year. Notwithstanding, it is a major area of need for the Chiefs this coming off-season.
    This. ^

I am not about to go bad-mouthing this o-line. But I think there is room for improvement there. And plenty of room for an injection of youth.

This O-line has had a few bad games.

But they have some extremely good games too.

Don't let it be too much of a shock to you, if they have a big game against The Ravens.

I have taught you well my young Padawan.

O-line improvement is right. Can't forget that the Chiefs O-line has performed well against one of the easiest schedules in the NFL. I think we were fortunate this year to get where we're at because of our schedule. Next year will be different and the Chiefs need to prepare to play against a Raider D-Line every week. WR No.2 pick. GO CHIEFS!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast