Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Can we all finally agree

Default Can we all finally agree

We need major help on our O-line? I have said it many times and I'll say it again our O-line is not gonna get it done. Branden Albert is not a LT he's a guard, lilja is too small wiegman and waters are too old. We look good against small d-lines like the Titans but against real pass rushers like the Colts and Raiders we look horrible and can't get any holes open and we can't protect our QB. We honestly have gotten lucky this year in not facing many teams that have great pass rushers but when we do we look bad. This is should be our number one priority in the draft, our defense is good, special teams good, our rb's excellent and if we could build our line and get another good WR we would have an excellent passing game.

I want Pouncey so badly it hurts. I'm pained to say that, but pleased at the same time because we've made so much improvement. We'll be picking in the 22nd spot at the very least while hoping we're picking in the 32nd spot!

The interesting thing is that if you do a google search on any 2011 nfl mock draft everyone has us picking a DE which makes me scratch my head. Because last year at this time everyone was calling for Dorsey's head so they're going to give Tyson Jackson another year or two to develop. The only other site I've saw has us picking a WR. Johnathon Baldwin from Pittsburg (6-5, 230). They have Sherrod going to Indy which isn't gonna happen now.

I love that we're talking about the draft and still trying to figure out where we're gonna be instead of just here's our spot and here's the people we think are gonna be available.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I want Pouncey so badly it hurts. I'm pained to say that, but pleased at the same time because we've made so much improvement. We'll be picking in the 22nd spot at the very least while hoping we're picking in the 32nd spot!

The interesting thing is that if you do a google search on any 2011 nfl mock draft everyone has us picking a DE which makes me scratch my head. Because last year at this time everyone was calling for Dorsey's head so they're going to give Tyson Jackson another year or two to develop. The only other site I've saw has us picking a WR. Johnathon Baldwin from Pittsburg (6-5, 230). They have Sherrod going to Indy which isn't gonna happen now.

I love that we're talking about the draft and still trying to figure out where we're gonna be instead of just here's our spot and here's the people we think are gonna be available.
    I agree I found myself looking at all the highlight films of all the top 15 players on each position

I don't think the mocks - particularly these early ones are right.

I have been thinking about this team and think we have a lot more holes to fill than our record indicates. I think - in spite of Whitlock's assessment - that we are very well coached. We beat all of the teams we were supposed to beat and reached and won a couple we probably shouldn't have won.

I think we need the following help:

WR
    LT
    RT
    C
    NT
    OLB
    QB (backup)

Granted not all of this can or needs to be done in the draft, but it is a lot if you think about it.

While the difference from last year to this is great, the line definitely needs improvement. They started out great...7 sacks in the first 6 games or something like that...but allowed more as the year went on, and allowed like 14 in the last 4 games.

Also, our short yardage run game sucks, to be blunt. I thought Jones was brought in to help shore that up but we've been forced to rely on smoke and mirrors to convert short yardage downs. Of course, their lack of size helps in sweeps and screens, which is what Charles excels at, so there is a tradeoff...but I would like to see them get some guys who are good at both (Though Willie Roafs don't come around very often).

I think we can get away with keeping most but we have GOT to replace RT and at the very least get some guys in here to groom (very quickly) for the future at guard and center.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345