Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cassel under pressure.

Default Cassel under pressure.

So The Raiders, made it tough for Matt Cassel by getting alot of pressure on him, and I am hearing about how The Ravens are even better about it.

Just thought that some clarity would help here....

There is one team in The NFL that had more sacks in the 2010 season than The Oakland Raiders. And it wasn't The Ravens.

Not surprisingly, it was The Pittsburgh Steelers.

Now...

Can anyone tell me what The Broncos, The Buccaneers, and The Jaguars have in common?

If you guessed that they were the only teams in The NFL to get fewer sacks from their defense, than The Baltimore Ravens, then you win.

NFL Stats: by Team Category

In fact, The Baltimore Ravens ranked 21st in pass defense in the 2010 season.

Yes...they were the 10th overall defense in The NFL. And they are extremely tough against the run (5th).

But I don't want to hear anymore of this nonsense of how they are so good at getting after the passer.

The one thing they do and do well is blitz! That in turn creates pressure on the QB. Not necessarily in a sack position but pressure as far as moving the O line backwards which right away leads to flushing the QB from the pocket. One other thing that will be key in this game......... If the left side of our line can't stop Terrel Suggs, Cassel will be running for his life just like he was yesterday and our playoff hopes will be in certain jeopardy.

This is not the same Ravens D that they once were. This is an ageing Ravens D. This is most likely there last year in the window to win anther superbowl. They are soon going to be rebuilding on the defensive side of the football. It might turn out to be a good thing that we end up faceing them.

Nice research chief31!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    The one thing they do and do well is blitz! That in turn creates pressure on the QB. Not necessarily in a sack position but pressure as far as moving the O line backwards which right away leads to flushing the QB from the pocket. One other thing that will be key in this game......... If the left side of our line can't stop Terrel Suggs, Cassel will be running for his life just like he was yesterday and our playoff hopes will be in certain jeopardy.
    21st in Pass Defense and 4th from the bottom in Sacks.

The Ravens pass rush is not comparable to that of The Raiders.

Maybe we come out and fail to protect. It's possible.

But going from trying to slow the second best pass rush in The NFL to trying to stop the 4th worst is not as scary as you make it sound.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    21st in Pass Defense and 4th from the bottom in Sacks.

The Ravens pass rush is not comparable to that of The Raiders.

Maybe we come out and fail to protect. It's possible.

But going from trying to slow the second best pass rush in The NFL to trying to stop the 4th worst is not as scary as you make it sound.
    I was going to give you rep for this but I've "...given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours".

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I was going to give you rep for this but I've "...given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours".

It's all good.

It's all good.

Any team that puts as much pressure on a QB as the Raiders did on Cassel, the QB is going to suck. There were so many plays where the O-line barely even put a hand on the Raider player and gave him a free shot.

Simply put, give Cassel a lil time to throw and the Chiefs can win.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

So The Raiders, made it tough for Matt Cassel by getting alot of pressure on him, and I am hearing about how The Ravens are even better about it.

Just thought that some clarity would help here....

There is one team in The NFL that had more sacks in the 2010 season than The Oakland Raiders. And it wasn't The Ravens.

Not surprisingly, it was The Pittsburgh Steelers.

Now...

Can anyone tell me what The Broncos, The Buccaneers, and The Jaguars have in common?

If you guessed that they were the only teams in The NFL to get fewer sacks from their defense, than The Baltimore Ravens, then you win.

In fact, The Baltimore Ravens ranked 21st in pass defense in the 2010 season.

Yes...they were the 10th overall defense in The NFL. And they are extremely tough against the run (5th).

But I don't want to hear anymore of this nonsense of how they are so good at getting after the passer.
    I posted the same thing in another thread. The Ravens might have a good pass rush that does not equate to sacks, but usually those two go hand in hand.

The one thing about the Ravens is that they are much like what we faced with Houston. Not so good against the pass, but really good against the run. If the Raven's can shut down our run, then it will come down to whether Cassel, Bowe and Moeaki have what it takes to win this game.

Therein lies the rub. I am not convinced that they do, but we are going to find out.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast