Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A look at the Ravens

Default A look at the Ravens

There should be no reason why we get beat at home by this team. This is their performance last sunday at their house. Looks to me like Cinci could not finish and Ravens had luck way on their side.

Team Statistics

Team Statistics Comparison: Cincinnati Bengals / Baltimore Ravens
    Team Statistics
    First Downs
    20/10
    Passing
    14/5
    Rushing
    5/4
    Penalty
    1/1

Total Yards
    395/199
    Turnovers
    5/2
    Time of Possession
    34:42/25:18
    Third Down Efficiency
    7-17/2-11
    Fourth Down Efficiency
    0-2/0-0
    Total Net Yards
    395/199
    Total Plays
    76/50
    Average Gain Per Play
    5.2/4.0
    Net Yards Rushing
    90/98
    Rushes
    31/27
    Average Per Rush
    2.9/3.6
    Net Yards Passing
    305/101
    Completions-Attempts
    32-45/14-19
    Yards Per Pass Play
    6.8/4.4
    Times Sacked
    0/4
    Yards Lost to Sacks
    0/24
    Had Intercepted
    2/1
    Punts
    4/7
    Average Punt40.5/47.9
    Penalties
    4/7
    Penalty Yards
    49/45
    Fumbles
    4/1
    Fumbles Lost
    3/1
    Last edited by chief31; 01-03-2011 at 06:24 PM.

Play action, play action, play action!!!!!! I did not read any previous posts so someone may have said this already but I think this is one key way we could win this game. If the O line has another poor outing play action doesn't leave Cassel just standing there waiting for the pocket to collapse. Also with the success that Jones and Charles have had, this will certainly keep the DB's and safety's honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Play action, play action, play action!!!!!! I did not read any previous posts so someone may have said this already but I think this is one key way we could win this game. If the O line has another poor outing play action doesn't leave Cassel just standing there waiting for the pocket to collapse. Also with the success that Jones and Charles have had, this will certainly keep the DB's and safety's honest.
    Play action will only work if we establish some sort of running game.

In the Oakland and Tennessee games it seemed to me that we had Cassel throwing more from the start than he has in the past. If we can get a few first downs on the ground on the opening drive or two, I think we can make play action work. And if it does, we can........

STOMP THE RAVENS INTO THE DUST!!!!

GO CHIEFS!!!!!

Lordy be!!!!!!

Chiefs make the playoffs and the "non-believers" come out of the woodwork!

WHAT

IS

UP

WITH

THAT?!?!?!?!?

GO CHIEFS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Lordy be!!!!!!

Chiefs make the playoffs and the "non-believers" come out of the woodwork!

GO CHIEFS!!!
    Who are you calling this?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeye View Post
    Who are you calling this?
    Read the post above mine. Anyone who says we can't beat the ugly birds is a "non believer"!

Not meant as an insult, but this is the PLAYOFFS! NO ROOM FOR NON BELIEVERS!!!

GO CHIEFS!!!!

OK...Here I am...Have at it...LOL
    I just wanted to chime in here and just give my two cents worth. KC can absolutely win this game. Keep our Defense an the feild and you may have a chance. Yes our D isnt the same ol' D we use to have. But they still have big time play makers.

Dont read much into the Cinncy stats, Cinncy has had our number for years. They match up really well with the Ravens and Marvin Lewis is 5-2 against us.

The ravens have lost all of the four games by a combined total of 11 points. They have lost the lead in the fourth quater 9 times and of course lost four of them. If KC cant get the running game going they may be in for a long day.

Regaurdless if the Ravens D is old, they are a tough group. There are several veterans on this team that understand where they are. You guys shouldnt come in this game thinking that you arejust happy to just be in the playoffs. The Ravens are very battled tested. They want to lower you into a knock down slobber knocker. ....Dont do it. You will lose.You want to watch tape on how to beat the Ravens ...check the Atlanta game. We were absolutely better then them but they had a great game plan.

On offense , if Flacco and the recievers get hot...forget about it.(dont worry it hasnt happened that often) That said...they do have several players that are playmakers. One of the best opinions I seen anyone make was toward your 12th man. Michael Oher...LT has more false starts then anyother LT in the league....DRIVE KILLER!!!! You guys can absolutely win this game.
    Last edited by BaltoGuy; 01-05-2011 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BaltoGuy View Post
    I just wanted to chime in here and just give my two cents worth. KC can absolutely win this game. Keep our Defense an the feild and you may have a chance. Yes our D isnt the same ol' D we use to have. But they still have big time play makers.

Dont read much into the Cinncy stats, Cinncy has had our number for years. They match up really well with the Ravens and Marvin Lewis is 5-2 against us.

The ravens have lost all of the four games by a combined total of 11 points. They have lost the lead in the fourth quater 9 times and of course lost four of them. If KC cant get the running game going they may be in for a long day.

Regaurdless if the Ravens D is old, they are a tough group. There are several veterans on this team that understand where they are. You guys shouldnt come in this game thinking that you arejust happy to just be in the playoffs. The Ravens are very battled tested. They want to lower you into a knock down slobber knocker. ....Dont do it. You will lose.You want to watch tape on how to beat the Ravens ...check the Atlanta game. We were absolutely better then them but they had a great game plan.

On offense , if Flacco and the recievers get hot...forget about it.(dont worry it hasnt happened that often) That said...they do have several players that are playmakers. One of the best opinions I seen anyone make was toward your 12th man. Michael Oher...LT has more false starts then anyother LT in the league....DRIVE KILLER!!!! You guys can absolutely win this game.
    First of all Welcome Glad to have A raven fan that's not just here to troll.

You guys should be the favorites to win this game even with it being at Arrowhead. On paper you are far ahead of us. You D not being the same is still a very good NFL defense. They might get winded a bit sooner then they use to but they are still very good. It will be very tough for us to put points on the board.

The 12th man is going to be a big thing for your offense to overcome. They can and have changed games in the past including this season. I don't no if you saw our MNF game this season but that crowd was a big reason that we won that football game. That's the crowd that your walking into. We HAVE to stop Ray Rice 1st to even think about shutting you offense down. Boldin is anther weapon. The good thing for us is that we Have Todd Haley who has worked with Boldin in the past and nos what his strenghts and weakness are.

I look for a good close game. It's not going to be a blow out either way. Just good old fashion PLAYOFF FOOTBALL. Something us Chiefs fans have not seen in a long time. I would say good luck to your team but I would be lieing

NO problem...Noise hasnt seem to bother us to much, Oher is a Rookie and has had a tough time with it all year. How is your Def. End? anygood? and also How is your LT? If he is sub-par watch out for Suggs to have an impact. A good one can handle Suggs....but he has to be real good. Ray Lewis is TWO steps slower, thing is he is a Hall of Famer so you really dont know what he will do. Usaually Great players show up for games like this.
    I have seen a little of KC but not enought to make an educated analysis of them.If KC can play fast that will bode well.Keep up the pace. KC cant be itimidated by the Ravens.The Ravens preconcieved reputation sometimes gets in the head of their opponent. If KC dosnt back down early they will be in it to win it at the end. They need to keep Baltimore close. Dont let them get up by 2 td's or it will be over.They should go NO-Huddle often and early. First possesion...go no huddle....get them sucking wind early...be patient...there will be plays to be made. But with the Ravens you need to create these opportunities. They wont give you any...

NO problem...Noise hasnt seem to bother us to much, Oher is a Rookie and has had a tough time with it all year. How is your Def. End? anygood? and also How is your LT? If he is sub-par watch out for Suggs to have an impact. A good one can handle Suggs....but he has to be real good. Ray Lewis is TWO steps slower, thing is he is a Hall of Famer so you really dont know what he will do. Usaually Great players show up for games like this.
    I have seen a little of KC but not enought to make an educated analysis of them.If KC can play fast that will bode well.Keep up the pace. KC cant be itimidated by the Ravens.The Ravens preconcieved reputation sometimes gets in the head of their opponent. If KC dosnt back down early they will be in it to win it at the end. They need to keep Baltimore close. Dont let them get up by 2 td's or it will be over.They should go NO-Huddle often and early. First possesion...go no huddle....get them sucking wind early...be patient...there will be plays to be made. But with the Ravens you need to create these opportunities. They wont give you any...
    Our DEs are really not who you should worry about they are much better at stopping the run. You stop Hali from getting to your QB your QB will have time to throw the football. Hail is a real good player. IT's a real shame he's not in the pro bowl. If we are going to get to your Qb he's the one that's going to do it.

Our O line Across the board is hit and miss. They have looked really good at times and then there are games like our last one when it looked like we had no o line. We have to have a day that our O line looks really good. IF they have one of there down games we are in big trouble In that case we have to look out for your whole D line. And Cassel will be picking himself off the ground all day.

I think that if either team gets a 2td lead that it's just about over. We are not good enough to overcome that against your D and if you get down 2tds you will have to deal with ARROWHEAD at it's loudest. When that happens there is no crowd like it. Theres a reason teams have feared comeing to arrowhead. It went away for a while but it's comeing back.

My respect for coming here and doing it with some class!

Lets be honest......I don't think many of us wanted to play your guys...most of us wanted the Jets.

I think we would have hammered them!

I think we will beat you in a close game.....or you will blow us away.

If you get up early, shut up our crowd, then I think our goose is cooked.

We are a young team and a lot of our wins have come from pure desire rather than experienced talent.

2/3/4 years from now.....FUGGEDOUTABOUTIT!!!

We are building a dynasty that will make the Splats seem insignificant!

But back to the game......

We have to establish the run early. If we do, we can run play action and leave your guys in a heap.

If we don't establish a running game early, then I will probably be drinking whiskey instead of beer by the third quarter.

YES!!!! We can beat your guys. And my gut is telling me we will.

But I am not ashamed to say, I wish we had the Jets instead of you!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast