Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 47 of 47

Thread: A look at the Ravens

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    444
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 5

    Default A look at the Ravens


    0 Not allowed!
    There should be no reason why we get beat at home by this team. This is their performance last sunday at their house. Looks to me like Cinci could not finish and Ravens had luck way on their side.

    Team Statistics

    Team Statistics Comparison: Cincinnati Bengals / Baltimore Ravens
    Team Statistics
    First Downs
    20/10
    Passing
    14/5
    Rushing
    5/4
    Penalty
    1/1

    Total Yards
    395/199
    Turnovers
    5/2
    Time of Possession
    34:42/25:18
    Third Down Efficiency
    7-17/2-11
    Fourth Down Efficiency
    0-2/0-0
    Total Net Yards
    395/199
    Total Plays
    76/50
    Average Gain Per Play
    5.2/4.0
    Net Yards Rushing
    90/98
    Rushes
    31/27
    Average Per Rush
    2.9/3.6
    Net Yards Passing
    305/101
    Completions-Attempts
    32-45/14-19
    Yards Per Pass Play
    6.8/4.4
    Times Sacked
    0/4
    Yards Lost to Sacks
    0/24
    Had Intercepted
    2/1
    Punts
    4/7
    Average Punt40.5/47.9
    Penalties
    4/7
    Penalty Yards
    49/45
    Fumbles
    4/1
    Fumbles Lost
    3/1
    Last edited by chief31; 01-03-2011 at 07:24 PM.

  2. #41
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    No matter how long one has done their job, when the #1 running team in the league comes out faking alot of handoffs, even Ray Lewis can find himself surprised.

    Good point.....

  3. #42
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,959
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I personally think that the Chiefs don't test the middle too much in the run game. Charles is one of the best at turning the corner (hence why he almost broke Jim Brown's ypc in a season record). I think it's pretty evident the Ravens will probably be able to control the line of scrimmage. The Chiefs will be better served by making Ray Lewis run sideways, not up the field. I'd hope to see a lot of passes to Charles and DMC in space and let them try to make plays.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  4. #43
    Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    889
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I personally think that the Chiefs don't test the middle too much in the run game. Charles is one of the best at turning the corner (hence why he almost broke Jim Brown's ypc in a season record). I think it's pretty evident the Ravens will probably be able to control the line of scrimmage. The Chiefs will be better served by making Ray Lewis run sideways, not up the field. I'd hope to see a lot of passes to Charles and DMC in space and let them try to make plays.
    I think the Chiefs need to use the Ravens speed on defense against them. If we get a lot of misdirection plays and a lot of screens and stuff that would really help us out a lot.

  5. #44
    Member Since
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Santiago de Chile
    Posts
    262
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    I think the Chiefs need to use the Ravens speed on defense against them. If we get a lot of misdirection plays and a lot of screens and stuff that would really help us out a lot.
    All of that sounds like DMC to me.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

  6. #45
    Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    889
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by pojote View Post
    All of that sounds like DMC to me.
    That does sound like DMC and also Charles our two fastest guys on offense

  7. #46
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    I think the Chiefs need to use the Ravens speed on defense against them. If we get a lot of misdirection plays and a lot of screens and stuff that would really help us out a lot.
    Ravens fan here. This Ravens crew is not really a "fast" defense, and they're not overly agressive. Screens rarely work against them because they're quick to recognize them (especially Lewis and Suggs), and they are fairly disciplined.

    Misdirection had been working earlier in the year, because the OLB's weren't staying home and controlling the edge, but that has improved. Their CB's are also much better tacklers than last year's crew, which has helped against runs to the outside.

    The best way to exploit the Ravens' weaknesses is to get your TE and RB matched up against the linebackers. None of them are very good in coverage.

  8. #47
    Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    889
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 5oclock_charlie View Post
    Ravens fan here. This Ravens crew is not really a "fast" defense, and they're not overly agressive. Screens rarely work against them because they're quick to recognize them (especially Lewis and Suggs), and they are fairly disciplined.

    Misdirection had been working earlier in the year, because the OLB's weren't staying home and controlling the edge, but that has improved. Their CB's are also much better tacklers than last year's crew, which has helped against runs to the outside.

    The best way to exploit the Ravens' weaknesses is to get your TE and RB matched up against the linebackers. None of them are very good in coverage.
    I think your right about our RB's matched up against your LB's I think if we can get McCluster involved I think it will be very hard for the Ravens to defend McCluster and Charles when they are in together.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Similar Threads

  1. Game 1 - Ravens - ATS
    By KC Maniac in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-14-2009, 10:42 AM
  2. suggs does not & probably will not leave ravens
    By slc chief in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-15-2009, 03:11 PM
  3. Steelers are stomping the Ravens!
    By hermhater in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-06-2007, 04:15 PM
  4. Ravens vs 49ers
    By sling58 in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-07-2007, 08:03 AM
  5. Browns/Ravens
    By sling58 in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-30-2007, 05:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •