Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A look at the Ravens

Default A look at the Ravens

There should be no reason why we get beat at home by this team. This is their performance last sunday at their house. Looks to me like Cinci could not finish and Ravens had luck way on their side.

Team Statistics

Team Statistics Comparison: Cincinnati Bengals / Baltimore Ravens
    Team Statistics
    First Downs
    20/10
    Passing
    14/5
    Rushing
    5/4
    Penalty
    1/1

Total Yards
    395/199
    Turnovers
    5/2
    Time of Possession
    34:42/25:18
    Third Down Efficiency
    7-17/2-11
    Fourth Down Efficiency
    0-2/0-0
    Total Net Yards
    395/199
    Total Plays
    76/50
    Average Gain Per Play
    5.2/4.0
    Net Yards Rushing
    90/98
    Rushes
    31/27
    Average Per Rush
    2.9/3.6
    Net Yards Passing
    305/101
    Completions-Attempts
    32-45/14-19
    Yards Per Pass Play
    6.8/4.4
    Times Sacked
    0/4
    Yards Lost to Sacks
    0/24
    Had Intercepted
    2/1
    Punts
    4/7
    Average Punt40.5/47.9
    Penalties
    4/7
    Penalty Yards
    49/45
    Fumbles
    4/1
    Fumbles Lost
    3/1
    Last edited by chief31; 01-03-2011 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Chief31, I am challenging you with a question, Chiefs Tight End that has the best stats in a rookie year, for the Chiefs? Please post answer with the stats!
    That's an easy one. His name is Tony!

Yep Baltimore despite a solid record and presumibaly "amazing" defense hasnt really been too impressive this year, on either side of the ball. However, they have been to the playoffs time and time again and have proven capable of winning close hard fought games.

There is no way their offense puts up many points on us as long as we can contain the run. Although they have some great recievers(Boldin, TJ Houz?????, Mason), Flacco struggles to get the ball to them. Also our secondary has been playing great as of late and Carr, Flowers are doing an exceptional job in man on man coverage.

Our LB's need to be able to contain the run and if we can do that and force Flacco to throw the ball against us then Hali can put pressure and our secondary can hopefully get a few turnovers.

As for our offense, it looks great one week and then looks paltry the next. Against the Ravens I do think that we will struggle a bit, especially running the ball. Thomas Jones is not gonna get many yards at all and only "waste" downs unfortunately. Jamaal Charles needs to come in prepared to get fed the ball and also make plays out of the backfield on passing plays. Any player covering him is gonna be a mismatch in our favor. We also need to be able to sustain drives, as the aging Ravens D has gotten very tired in games this season due to being on the field so long. If we can tire them out then we can run and pass on them at will. I cant wait for this game and although I realize we are the underdogs if we play up to our abilities as a team, there is no way we dont win this in our home turf! Bring on Brady and the Patriots...oh wait :(

The only thing that worries me is the OL play..Thats a part of the offence you can't change the playbook on..It's brute force that gets the job done and the way we looked on Sunday against a physical DL I have my worries.

that was the old regular season.

we start a new one Sunday. and so do they
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Where in the field Rice run most of the times? the middle? sides?
    In the last game, longest runs by Bush where on the left side.

On Ravens D, the weakest spots are the sides, just where JC is more dangerous.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Chief31, I am challenging you with a question, Chiefs Tight End that has the best stats in a rookie year, for the Chiefs? Please post answer with the stats!
    I'm not even sure how to do that, short of going through every single season, to make sure I don't overlook someone.

But, Mo's rookie season has better stats than Gonzo's did.
    Last edited by chief31; 01-04-2011 at 04:33 PM.

Fred Arbanas - Fred Arbanas NFL & AFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

1962 (Dallas Texans/14 game season) 29 Catches - 469 Yards - 16.2 Avg. - 6 TDs

Walter White - Walter White NFL & AFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

1975 (14game season) 23 Catches - 559 Yards - 24.3 Avg, - 3 TDs

Tony Gonzalez - Tony Gonzalez NFL & AFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

1997 - 33 Catches - 368 Yards - 11.2 Avg. - 2 TDs

Tony Moeaki - Tony Moeaki NFL & AFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

2010 (16 game season) 47 Catches - 556 Yards - 11.8 Avg. - 3 TDs

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Fred Arbanas - Fred Arbanas NFL & AFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

1962 (Dallas Texans/14 game season) 29 Catches - 469 Yards - 16.2 Avg. - 6 TDs

Walter White - Walter White NFL & AFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

1975 (14game season) 23 Catches - 559 Yards - 24.3 Avg, - 3 TDs

Tony Gonzalez - Tony Gonzalez NFL & AFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

1997 - 33 Catches - 368 Yards - 11.2 Avg. - 2 TDs

Tony Moeaki - Tony Moeaki NFL & AFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

2010 (16 game season) 47 Catches - 556 Yards - 11.8 Avg. - 3 TDs
    Nice research!

Quote Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
    The only thing that worries me is the OL play..Thats a part of the offence you can't change the playbook on..It's brute force that gets the job done and the way we looked on Sunday against a physical DL I have my worries.
    I have to agree the few times the Chiefs have played a more physical D-line our O-line has gotten whooped I hope we can just put the Ravens D on their heals and make them start thinking of what their assignment is and that will slow them down a lot.

We're going to beat the ugly birds! But it will be close! Our D is going to force a turnover that gets us a FG or TD and our Special teams will buy us a TD or FG too. That's going to be the difference in the game.

GO CHIEFS!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast