Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cassel under pressure.

Default Cassel under pressure.

So The Raiders, made it tough for Matt Cassel by getting alot of pressure on him, and I am hearing about how The Ravens are even better about it.

Just thought that some clarity would help here....

There is one team in The NFL that had more sacks in the 2010 season than The Oakland Raiders. And it wasn't The Ravens.

Not surprisingly, it was The Pittsburgh Steelers.

Now...

Can anyone tell me what The Broncos, The Buccaneers, and The Jaguars have in common?

If you guessed that they were the only teams in The NFL to get fewer sacks from their defense, than The Baltimore Ravens, then you win.

NFL Stats: by Team Category

In fact, The Baltimore Ravens ranked 21st in pass defense in the 2010 season.

NFL Stats: by Team Category

Yes...they were the 10th overall defense in The NFL. And they are extremely tough against the run (5th).

But I don't want to hear anymore of this nonsense of how they are so good at getting after the passer.

As to the title of this thread - Cassel under pressure - I wanted to make a comment about Cassel's mechanics.

He is a long-strider and he needs to learn to compact his throwing motion to get the ball off, as opposed to falling away, when the O-line is being pushing into his personal space. Tom Brady is very good at this. He has done this a few times during the season and multiple times in the Raider game. The result it that his accuracy suffers slightly. As a result several passes (still quite catchable balls, in many cases) were a step behind instead of right in stride.

I think this should be a point of emphasis in his off-season work. It is correctable and I think working on it will help him to be a better QB.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I do not get paid when I do not show up to my job and work.
    nor do I. I wish I could I would do it daily

I do!! :p
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

we have a good group of players who can exploit an agressive defense. Dwayne bowe is great after the catch, dexter mcluster is in my opinion a huge asset that we haven't used enough, and jamaal charles has a knack for getting to the second level.

flacco & cassell are virtually the same stat wise w/flacco taking a few more sacks and hits......that sounds like good news

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeye View Post
    Whos not to say that Haley wantd us to allow all that pressure. Ravens will really use the Raiders game tape to see how they applied their pressure and if it was all a ploy to get them geered in a certain direction and we know about it then well it could very well open up some lanes and confuse BAL. Ok I understand you all are like wtf but it could be partly true in some ways. The game really didnt mean much in terms of the season so I can see our coach using it as a tool. If Matt is not in there then the meaning of this all would not be, it has to look real for the ravens to consider it. Haley has said before that some things you do to setup other things to happen, this could be that misdirection.
    Yeah, that would be pretty dumb. Chancing getting your starting quarterback injured by taking a pounding all day is not a good strategy for preparing for the Ravens.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Nope me either; in fact if I were to perform my job duties as eneptly as they performed theirs I would have been fired.

From a Steelers fan who is used to, and sick of, these guys. If you get to Flacco, you win. He's definitely flappable. Oher's health is definitely something to watch out for. Chiefs have a better run game and Ravens have a better run defense. It will come down to the DL/LB vs. Ravens OL and Flacco. Good Luck, and, pending a win and a Colts loss, see ya in round 2!

Thanks, and I think our D will beable to get to Flacco a lot because we have shown even tho we really only have one pass rusher there is not too many OT that can stop him no matter what we seen that last Sunday against Oakland. Also once Hali gets that first sack Arrowhead is gonna be rocking I cant wait.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    Thanks, and I think our D will beable to get to Flacco a lot because we have shown even tho we really only have one pass rusher there is not too many OT that can stop him no matter what we seen that last Sunday against Oakland. Also once Hali gets that first sack Arrowhead is gonna be rocking I cant wait.
    Gilberry should get in there for 1 or 2!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast