Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've moved! Living in Kansas City now!! YEEHAW!

Default I've moved! Living in Kansas City now!! YEEHAW!

December was a very busy month for me, as well as physically and emotionally draining! ~Bittersweet~

First, for several years I've volunteer counseled online, with professional counselors supporting my volunteer efforts. Mostly I provide emotional support for those in need of such, but if someone is beyond my volunteer level, then I help by guiding them to professional counselors. Many people need emotional support during the holidays and winter months especially.

Secondly, I sold my former home in mid November. The month of December brought many visits from the buyers appraiser, inspector, insurance agent, as well as, many calls from realtors on both sides finalizing legalities, etc.. There were also day long court proceedings I had to attend during December, related to violations of state laws and contempt charges against my x husband. I also spent the holiday season packing & preparing to move.

For the first time in my adult life I had no Christmas tree in my home, it wasn't feasible with having to move the week between Christmas & New Years. I wasn't able to host Christmas Day Dinner for family, as I had traditionally done since my kids were born. Everyone & everything seemed out of place this holiday season. Christmas spirit was missing among the hectic chaos and roller coaster of emotions due to selling a home & having to move. I missed attending the last two Chiefs home games as a result of being overwhelmed with packing & moving also.

As December and the holidays came to a close...God not only answered prayers, but blessed me with the most wonderful holiday season I could hope for. Most certainly I received the best Christmas gifts of my entire life. On the morning of December 29th I drove to Topeka, KS. to close the sale on my former home.. I then drove the same day from Topeka to Kansas City for a 3 PM closing on the house I bought in KC.. I began moving that evening and continued moving through New Years weekend.

I spent the first night in my new home Sunday January 2nd. I had my first visit from a Chiefs Crowd friend Sunday evening January 2nd also!! Clint aka Stricken, his mom Cheryl, and friend Justin...were in KC New Years weekend for the Chiefs home game against the Raiders. I couldn't attend the game, but after the game...Clint, Cheryl, & Justin came to my house for a visit. Clint brought me Christmas presents too!...a KC CHIEFS AFC WEST Champions t-shirt, a pair of Chiefs socks, & two jars of yummilicious 'Clint's Salsa'!! Clint then took me, his mom, & Justin out to eat dinner at the nearby Applebee's! My first night living in Kansas City is overflowing with such wonderful awesome memories!

Monday the 3rd my long week began settling in...unpacking, cleaning, organizing, etc.. I hired a fence contactor to install a 5' cedar privacy fence for my dogs security, Sunny & Dakota. The fence was complete by Friday the 7th! Looks great, but more important is my dogs are secure & safe! I wish the remainder of projects, unpacking, organizing, etc....could be done as quickly as the fence, but no suck luck, hahaha.

So...here I am...living in Kansas City, and only 20 minutes or so to Arrowhead!!! YEEHAW!!!
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 01-11-2011 at 05:26 AM. Reason: typo boo boo!!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

YEEEEHAW!

I am so happy for you Connie! Your house is absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to see it when it has your Chiefs memorabilia around the house! We had a great time having dinner with you and talking Chiefs, life, and everything in general.

I wish I could live 20 minutes from Arrowhead.. maybe one day soon!

Resident Celebrity

I am going to come and see you someday, in your new house! Lots of new memories to be made, and they will.

This is awesome news. Now if I could only get there myself. I really want to get back there, but getting a job from 1500 miles away is a very difficult thing to do in this current climate.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Well, I know I've said it before many times...but each & every one of my dearly loved Chiefs Crowd buddies are welcome to stay with me at my home any time you come to Kansas City for a game and/or visit! I have two bedrooms, and two full size sofa's in my living room, which happen to be leather in awesome Chiefs RED!! Y'all are welcome to sleep on the sofa's if we need more than a guest bedroom for guests...heck, we can always use the floor with air mattress' if a large group, lol.

My new house is only 3 years old, but whomever owned it for the 2 1/2 years prior didn't take good care of it. The house was foreclosed against in the Fannie Mae mess. I feel bad for whomever lost it, but I was able to buy it from the bank for darn near 1/2 it's appraised value!

My body is so beat up right now, haha, especially my hands, legs, & feet...from full days trying to unpack, organize, and do several projects to make my house my 'home'. I'm in the process now of re-finishing my kitchen cabinets, I'm painting them in a black distressed finish, replacing the knobs/handles with brushed nickel...they're gonna look awesome when I'm done! It takes many steps to do the finish...stripping, sanding, removing sand dust, 1st coat paint, fine sanding, 2nd coat of paint, coarse sand edges & high spots to distress, 1st coat satin polyurethane, fine sanding, 2nd coat polyurethane. I'm doing the interior as well as exterior, & working inside cabinets upside down is a killer on my body, lol.

Anyway, I took before photos of the house, and will take 'after' photos within a month or I speculate...then post for y'all to see. I'm not really going with a specific design theme, rather what I call a personal ecclectic style reflecting my personality & lifestyle at this particular stage of life. It will be obvious to any who enter my home, that I have a passion for our Kansas City Chiefs, as well as love the color RED, and am of some American Native heritage...it's all soon to be reflected in my 'home'. My master bedroom reflects more of my girly side, as well as love of dogs, specifically English Springer Spaniels. The guest room will also reflect a passion for the KC Chiefs, as well as the guest bathroom!! Any loyal Chiefs fan is gonna love it! YEEHAW!! :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

So that means when we come and stay with you we will feel right at home!!!
    I'm so happy for you Connie Jo!!! Congrats!!
    **ChiefsChick**

I'm happy for ya kiddo!

This is great news Connie!
    [<a href=http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5246/5363630437_6a0020c9ac.jpg target=_blank>http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5246/...6a0020c9ac.jpg</a>

congrats connie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast