Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: !@#$, !@#$, !@#$

Default !@#$, !@#$, !@#$

Found out tonight that they will be cutting our hours at work from 40 to 35 per week. I know that doesn't sound like much, but it will be $150 cut from my paycheck (every two weeks). Being an assistant supervisor, I'm allowed 2.5 hours of overtime per payperiod, so there's another $50. $200 less PER PAYCHECK.

They're starting it for a month, and doing it on a month to month basis until the work load goes back up (or enough people quit, I'm sure). My supervisor seems to think it will be like this until the first of next year.

:( :( :( :( :(
    Everything happens for a reason.

That sucks luv!

Losing those hours is essentially the same as if I worked 40 hour weeks at $2 less per hour. I've been wondering about changing shifts, and I would lose about that much (unless an assistant supervisor spot miraculously became open on days). I guess I can use this time to see how I do living off of that much less.

Trying to see the positives.

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    Losing those hours is essentially the same as if I worked 40 hour weeks at $2 less per hour. I've been wondering about changing shifts, and I would lose about that much (unless an assistant supervisor spot miraculously became open on days). I guess I can use this time to see how I do living off of that much less.

I read ya; my wife works at Amazon.com, and the only thing they care about is a healthy bottom line despite how it affects the ones they depend on the most to deliver it.

Want me to round up some Crowders and we can come down there and have a "talk" with yer boss!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    Want me to round up some Crowders and we can come down there and have a "talk" with yer boss!!
    Right behind ya dude!

(Camera in hand ready to photograph the event)

Since you obviously like to write, I will toss this idea out there.

There is a nice market for people that are willing to write unique articles for the web. Usually you'll see people get somewhere around .05 per word to write articles about various topics depending on the quality of your work. Someone such as yourself could make $20-$30/hr. pretty easily without leaving their couch. PM me if you would like more info.

Sorry to here about this Luv, I think it will work out, I am kinda in a same spot. I am losing my part time job as EMA in my County, ( part time paid, 24/7 responsibliltys). So I am going to lose income also. I know this does not help right now. But there is always a possitive that comes out in all things in our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Since you obviously like to write, I will toss this idea out there.

There is a nice market for people that are willing to write unique articles for the web. Usually you'll see people get somewhere around .05 per word to write articles about various topics depending on the quality of your work. Someone such as yourself could make $20-$30/hr. pretty easily without leaving their couch. PM me if you would like more info.
    Info please!

Info please!
    That isn't a pm. Can't even follow instructions!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast