Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jamaal Charles a joke?? Really???

Default Jamaal Charles a joke?? Really???

I have been listening to local sports talk and Nick Wright has been on the radio talking about how on the Ravens sports talk they have been saying that Jamaal Charles is a joke and that he has faced nothing but weak defenses, and when he faces the Ravens defense they are going to shut them down. I just dont see how they figure Charles is a joke, even if someone played the worst defense in the NFL 16 times it is going to still be hard for them to average 6.6 yards a carry for the whole season. I hope we unleash Jamaal Charles Sunday.

Yep- I'd love to see him rip off a bunch of big 20+ yard runs.

That's not cool man.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    I have been listening to local sports talk and Nick Wright has been on the radio talking about how on the Ravens sports talk they have been saying that Jamaal Charles is a joke and that he has faced nothing but weak defenses, and when he faces the Ravens defense they are going to shut them down.
    Being a Ravens fan, I don't know who Nick Wright is, but why would you put stock in any radio talk, especially second-hand radio talk? Ravens fans who actually know something about football (the majority, IMO), consider Charles to be a slightly slower Chris Johnson type runner, and are very concerned because of what Johnson did the last time the Ravens played the Titans.

And wouldn't KC fans want Charles to rip off 20+ yard runs even if talk radio wanted to nominate him for a Nobel prize?

I'm going to be very upset if Charles doesn't get the VAST majority of the carries this weekend.

I understand splitting carries during the season, even if I still think that Charles should have gotten more than he did...but there is absolutely no reason for him to not get 25+ carries, unless we pull a DEN game and get down by a ridiculous amount early.

The only time Jones should be in there is for breathers and short yardage. He's tailed off, as expected, as the season has progressed and just doesn't have anything left at this point in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by kcnative View Post
    I'm going to be very upset if Charles doesn't get the VAST majority of the carries this weekend.

I understand splitting carries during the season, even if I still think that Charles should have gotten more than he did...but there is absolutely no reason for him to not get 25+ carries, unless we pull a DEN game and get down by a ridiculous amount early.

The only time Jones should be in there is for breathers and short yardage. He's tailed off, as expected, as the season has progressed and just doesn't have anything left at this point in the season.
    Now, why would we want to get away from a game plan that has worked for us all season? Why would you all of a sudden start wearing out Charles in the game by giving him so many carries and not include another guy that has helped that along?

If you do that, then you make the team even more one dimensional. Additionally, you wear down Charles to the point that the defense can catch up to him.

Keep pounding the rock the way we have. Jones is the bruiser that wears out the defense and allows the offensive line to get in and attack and open holes that Charles' speed can take advantage of.

Look at it in baseball terms, Jones is the set up guy, while Charles is the closer. It is a brilliant game plan and one we should not get away from.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Now, why would we want to get away from a game plan that has worked for us all season? Why would you all of a sudden start wearing out Charles in the game by giving him so many carries and not include another guy that has helped that along?

If you do that, then you make the team even more one dimensional. Additionally, you wear down Charles to the point that the defense can catch up to him.

Keep pounding the rock the way we have. Jones is the bruiser that wears out the defense and allows the offensive line to get in and attack and open holes that Charles' speed can take advantage of.

Look at it in baseball terms, Jones is the set up guy, while Charles is the closer. It is a brilliant game plan and one we should not get away from.
    Can't get on this page. Haley saved Charles to some extent to keep him healthy. Now it's time to unleash him, in a game that is the most important game of the year. There is nothing to lose by doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Can't get on this page. Haley saved Charles to some extent to keep him healthy. Now it's time to unleash him, in a game that is the most important game of the year. There is nothing to lose by doing so.
    Eh, difference of opinion, but I don't see Haley changing the game plan that has worked all season for this game.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Because Jones is averaging about half the yards per carry that Charles is lately. I understand the thinking but we don't have to save Charles anymore. Now it's do or die. Charles has proven he can handle 25 carries if needed, and perform exceptionally. Give the star the ball and watch him excel. I don't buy the "one-dimensional" argument because they don't really run the ball that much differently with one vs. the other.

I guess my question back to you would be, why give it to Jones when Charles is such a friggen stud? 6.4 ypc...IMO it's ludicrous to give it to anyone else.

What's the worst that could happen? He gets worn down and averages 5.5 for the game?

What's the best that could happen? He could single-handedly win the game for us. The more carries he gets, the better the chances are to rip off a long one.

JMO.

I guess I always thought that we split the carries so when we get to this part of the season JC is fresh and ready to run his A$$ off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast