Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs sign veteran WR Kevin Curtis

Default Chiefs sign veteran WR Kevin Curtis

Chiefs sign veteran WR Curtis

The Chiefs made an interesting roster move, signing veteran wide receiver Kevin Curtis.
    Curtis may well have nothing left. He's 32 and played in just two games this season with Miami and caught one pass for six yards.
    But as recently as 2007 he caught 77 passes with six TDs for the Eagles. The Chiefs obviously believe Curtis has something left, so this signing bears watching.
    The Chiefs placed injured defensive back Donald Washington on injured reserve. They also signed tight end Cody Slate to their practice squad. Slate went to camp with the Chiefs last summer.
    Chiefs sign veteran WR Curtis | Red Zone
    Last edited by Coach; 01-06-2011 at 12:03 AM.

Interesting signing. Hope he can help. We need the help at the WR spot. We need everyone to step up on the other side of Bowe.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Interesting signing. Hope he can help. We need the help at the WR spot. We need everyone to step up on the other side of Bowe.
    Did they sign him because Chambers isnt doing anything or what?

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    Did they sign him because Chambers isnt doing anything or what?
    I think that had something to do with it. I think we just brought him in for the playoffs I don't really see him being in KC going into next season.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think that had something to do with it. I think we just brought him in for the playoffs I don't really see him being in KC going into next season.
    I just wonder how much he can bring to the table since he will only have a few days to learn the offense.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrMoVZ0arTE"]YouTube - Kevin Curtis Icy Hot[/ame]
    Here he is in 08 with the eagles, he seems to make the first guy miss alot. Did not relize he was 32, give him crossing and go routes which seem to be his thing.

I think they just had room since they moved Donald Washington to IR. I don't expect Curtis to be much of a contributor at all.

I love youtube! you can get anything on there

I remember wanting to bring Curtis in for a look before the season started the last two seasons.

I would think he wouldn't be a contributor, but on the other hand, I seem to remember us signing Bobby Wade on like a Tuesday and then him starting on Sunday and catching 6 passes for 72 yards...

Got to remember since he is on his last leg, the Dolphins went nowhere and he joined a team about to play in the playoffs so he might be thinking this is his last time to be in the playoffs and go all out...which I think he will.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast