Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chiefs sign veteran WR Kevin Curtis

Default Chiefs sign veteran WR Kevin Curtis

Chiefs sign veteran WR Curtis

The Chiefs made an interesting roster move, signing veteran wide receiver Kevin Curtis.
    Curtis may well have nothing left. He's 32 and played in just two games this season with Miami and caught one pass for six yards.
    But as recently as 2007 he caught 77 passes with six TDs for the Eagles. The Chiefs obviously believe Curtis has something left, so this signing bears watching.
    The Chiefs placed injured defensive back Donald Washington on injured reserve. They also signed tight end Cody Slate to their practice squad. Slate went to camp with the Chiefs last summer.
    Chiefs sign veteran WR Curtis | Red Zone
    Last edited by Coach; 01-06-2011 at 12:03 AM.

Word is on espn Bowe was not at practice this morning and they said the reason Kevin Curtis did not play too many games this season was because he was being treated for Cancer of the testies.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    Word is on espn Bowe was not at practice this morning and they said the reason Kevin Curtis did not play too many games this season was because he was being treated for Cancer of the testies.
    Any word on where Bowe was I would hate to see anther Cassel thing. Worst time for that.

Gosh. I'm just surprised at how our only real offensive threat is Dwayne Bowe. Chambers is obismo on our offense. Not sure about this Curtis, but I hope he can help Bowe more the Chambers has. Moeaki also has to be targeted more. Hasn't been much of a contributor like he was at the start of the season. We need to use all of our targets on sunday. GO CHIEFS!

probably just needed a little more depth at wr for the playoffs, i don't expect to see much of him sunday

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Any word on where Bowe was I would hate to see anther Cassel thing. Worst time for that.
    I heared bowe and waters are uncertain for sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I heared bowe and waters are uncertain for sunday.
    I heard that there was no worries that Bowe wouldn't beable to play Sunday. If its just an illness I doubt Waters and Bowe will miss because I mean what athlete would want to miss a chance to play in a playoff game just because of the stomach flu

Kevin was probably just brought in, because he's a good veteran receiver who has playoff experience (something that most of our team doesn't have). I highly doubt he's going to be a focal point of our team, coming in this quickly. He'll do more for us off the field than on it in my opinion. Still I actually think this was a nice signing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12