View Poll Results: Would you want Vince Young to be our backup QB?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 29.63%
  • No

19 70.37%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vince Young

Default Vince Young

Here's a question for debate...

Vince young will be traded or released, would you want him to be on the Chiefs as our backup Quarterback?

I say no. I think he's very much a "me" player and not a "we" player. Also, his playing style may not fit our scheme.

What do you guys think? Vote in the poll and share your opinion.

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    Here's a question for debate...

Vince young will be traded or released, would you want him to be on the Chiefs as our backup Quarterback?

I say no. I think he's very much a "me" player an not a "we" player. Also, his playing style may not fit our scheme.

What do you guys think? Vote in the poll and share your opinion.
    ESPN announced a few minutes ago that Young was released by the Titans. I am sure he will get a shot, but not with the Chiefs.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

The difference betwen Michael Vick and Vince Young is that Michael Vick is good. Eagles hit gold when they picked up Vick off the waiver wire. If Jeff Fisher doesn't want Vince Young on his team, that tells me all I need to know. And I would imagine a lot of NFL coaches feel the same way. I wouldn't be surprised to se him end up in Oakland where they don't care how big of a piece a **** you are. They already have 5 QB's under contract, why not 6?

Actually I would take any QB that started and has won some games over Brodie Croyle. As a backup he could not disrupt our team anyway. Remember, Brodie Croyle is 0-10 as a starter. Realisiticly though, their are way too many teams out there with QB problems that will land him as a starter before the Chiefs have a chance at him as a backup. GO CHIEFS!

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    Actually I would take any QB that started and has won some games over Brodie Croyle. As a backup he could not disrupt our team anyway. Remember, Brodie Croyle is 0-10 as a starter. Realisiticly though, their are way too many teams out there with QB problems that will land him as a starter before the Chiefs have a chance at him as a backup. GO CHIEFS!
    Ya I have to agree I would like a back up QB that has atleast 1 win under his belt

Not no but HELL no. I live in Nashville and while Fisher is pretty conservative on offense anyway, the O was hamstrung whenever he was in there. Sure he had a decent rating this year but he was only throwing the ball 15 times a game.

He also doesn't put forth the effort needed to really succeed in the NFL...and I don't see him learning his lesson anytime soon. He's got a bad attitude and is not really very coachable.

He's like Vick, only not as good scrambling and not as good passing...a homeless Vick (not even a poor man's Vick) if you will.

I am a die hard Texas fan and I think the problem with Young is that if he doesn't have respect for his coach then he just acts like a little baby, I dont know why he wouldnt respect fisher but for some reason he doesnt. He seemed like a great kid when Mack Brown had ahold of him but like a lot of football players money changes them.

The Raiders will go after Young.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    The Raiders will go after Young.
    that wouldnt shock me at all

with all his off the field stuff I wouldn't want him for 3rd string. Until he cleans that up he won't be good to have around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast