Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How 'bout a flea flicker?

Default How 'bout a flea flicker?

I think that early on, Haley needs to work on some misdirection (the fake end around), HB pass, fleaflicker action...something to keep the D from focusing on the running game so much.

Provided the blocking is there, I'd love to see something like that, especially if they are keying in on Charles.

Who knows..."We might just bust one right open, Rex..."

Thoughts?

So the fleaflicker idea was a bust...I still think it's a good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by kcnative View Post
    So the fleaflicker idea was a bust...I still think it's a good idea!

I am trying to remember the last time I have seen a team in the NFL use it. It does not seem to be such a popular play anymore. It may be because defenses can see it coming a mile away.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

KC actually used it one other time this year...can't remember who it was against...49ers, maybe? And it resulted in a long TD pass to Bowe.

Something I read earlier today was that KC should try to pass to set up the run (instead of vice versa), since Balt's run D is so much better than vs. the pass.

Either way, I do think KC needs to do SOMETHING because considering how good D's (well, at least the best D's we've played) have stuffed our running game, I am not sure if KC can be successful just straight up running the ball.

KC actually used it one other time this year...can't remember who it was against...49ers, maybe? And it resulted in a long TD pass to Bowe.

Something I read earlier today was that KC should try to pass to set up the run (instead of vice versa), since Balt's run D is so much better than vs. the pass.

Either way, I do think KC needs to do SOMETHING because considering how good D's (well, at least the best D's we've played) have stuffed our running game, I am not sure if KC can be successful just straight up running the ball.
    Ya it was the 49ers.... Also the Chiefs need to have a balanced attack until they get the lead. The best thing we can do against the Ravens is make them start thinking about what they are doing instead of just letting them react.

After watching it, it wasn't a traditional flea flicker, and I don't know if something this slow to develop would work against Balt, but I like the idea.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLQPrNNIoes&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Kansas City Chiefs Flea Flicker Vs 49ers[/ame]

I guess the point is, something that keeps Balt from pouncing every time they see Cassel start to hand the ball off.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    Ya it was the 49ers.... Also the Chiefs need to have a balanced attack until they get the lead. The best thing we can do against the Ravens is make them start thinking about what they are doing instead of just letting them react.
    Agreed. The Titans game was a great example...Weis had TN wondering WTF was going on, early...and next thing you know, we're up by 21 pts.

I LOVED the (early) playcalling in that game.

Agreed. The Titans game was a great example...Weis had TN wondering WTF was going on, early...and next thing you know, we're up by 21 pts.

I LOVED the (early) playcalling in that game.
    If I am not mistaking I believe that 5 different people touched the ball on the first serious as they marched the ball down the field. I hope we can spread the ball around like that Sunday.

I just don't want to see our first play on offense be running Jones up the middle. That's been done far to much this season seeing something diffrent would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I just don't want to see our first play on offense be running Jones up the middle. That's been done far to much this season seeing something diffrent would be nice.
    Agreed, and I wish they'd use play action more than they do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast