Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs VS. Ravens Chiefscrowd Matchup

Default Chiefs VS. Ravens Chiefscrowd Matchup

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Nice read! I wonder, just because I really know nothing of how Vegas figures odds, if there is a margin of error on way or the other. Three points is not a comfortable margin.

"Flacco has never played in an atmosphere that he will be playing in on Sunday and if he couldn’t get it together before, he won’t be able to now."

All due respect, but you need to review where Flacco has been for his playoff games. An AFC Championship game in Pittsburgh has an atmosphere that's much more intense than a wildcard game in KC, and a playoff game at New England probably does too. You are correct that he hasn't performed well; two years ago, it was due to being a rookie; last year, he was playing hurt and was still not a polished QB. This year, he's better, but Ravens fans believe the OC is holding the team back. He may not play well Sunday, but it won't be due to the "atmosphere".

The Ravens are coming off a bad offensive performance against the Bengals, but if the D duplicates their performance from last week, I'll be ecstatic. They shut down the running game and forced five turnovers. Simpson did put up some numbers, but he had 124 yards and 2 TD's the week before against a supposedly superior San Diego defense.

The Chiefs can win if they can run outside the tackles and if they can find the backs and tight ends for short passes. If they can't, their only hope is to score once or twice on defense (IMHO).

Quote Originally Posted by 5oclock_charlie View Post
    "Flacco has never played in an atmosphere that he will be playing in on Sunday and if he couldn’t get it together before, he won’t be able to now."

All due respect, but you need to review where Flacco has been for his playoff games. An AFC Championship game in Pittsburgh has an atmosphere that's much more intense than a wildcard game in KC, and a playoff game at New England probably does too. You are correct that he hasn't performed well; two years ago, it was due to being a rookie; last year, he was playing hurt and was still not a polished QB. This year, he's better, but Ravens fans believe the OC is holding the team back. He may not play well Sunday, but it won't be due to the "atmosphere".

The Ravens are coming off a bad offensive performance against the Bengals, but if the D duplicates their performance from last week, I'll be ecstatic. They shut down the running game and forced five turnovers. Simpson did put up some numbers, but he had 124 yards and 2 TD's the week before against a supposedly superior San Diego defense.

The Chiefs can win if they can run outside the tackles and if they can find the backs and tight ends for short passes. If they can't, their only hope is to score once or twice on defense (IMHO).
    Maybe so, but I'm not kidding when I say the "loudness" of Arrowhead is something you cannot duplicate anywhere...Not Heinz Field, not Gillette Stadium. Google "loudest NFL stadium" and most links will tell you it's Qwest or Arrowhead. At times it can be damn near impossible for the players to hear the snap count. Try audibling? The crowd somehow gets 2x louder. Just watch on Sunday, you'll be scratching your head at some of the confusion the Ravens are having on offense. I may be wrong, but I've seen it time and time again at home games.

And this is a playoff game...the fans are going to be more amped than ever.

I don't think so. I have friends that have been to all three stadiums, and one has been to a playoff game in New England, and they all say that Arrowhead is the loudest stadium they have ever been to.

Whether that holds true in this game or not is going to come down to whether the Chiefs faithful make it to the stadium.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I don't think so. I have friends that have been to all three stadiums, and one has been to a playoff game in New England, and they all say that Arrowhead is the loudest stadium they have ever been to.

Whether that holds true in this game or not is going to come down to whether the Chiefs faithful make it to the stadium.
    Oh you know the Chiefs faithful will make it. The upper and lower decks are all sold out the only thing that hasnt been sold out are the 2nd level but they are like 250 and up per seat so who knows if that part will get sold or not.

I believe you, but "atmosphere" is more than just noise. It's also the situation, i.e. a playoff game, and Flacco has probably been in more road playoff games in his first two years than any QB in history (five; only two less than Peyton Manning has played in 12 years). He's not Philip Rivers (thank God).
    Last edited by 5oclock_charlie; 01-07-2011 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    Oh you know the Chiefs faithful will make it. The upper and lower decks are all sold out the only thing that hasnt been sold out are the 2nd level but they are like 250 and up per seat so who knows if that part will get sold or not.
    Which I just don't understand, all season those seats have been empty, you would think that the managers at 1 Arrowhead Drive would get a clue and lower those prices.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Which I just don't understand, all season those seats have been empty, you would think that the managers at 1 Arrowhead Drive would get a clue and lower those prices.
    Doesn't matter if the club seats are completely empty. Those aren't the rowdy fans anyways.

I believe you, but "atmosphere" is more than just noise. It's also the situation, i.e. a playoff game, and Flacco has probably been in more road playoff games in his first two years than any QB in history (five; only two less than Peyton Manning has played in 12 years). He's not Philip Rivers (thank God).
    You hit the nail right on the head but at the same time you were also agreeing with us. KC has been begging and pleading for a team that can compete in a game. We've been horribly disappointed for two years and the year before that I think more teams lost in the final week of the regular season than you could shake a stick at and some how the Chiefs got in only to get hammered. I don't know of anyone that year that thought the Chiefs were going to go in and win. This year we are vastly improved. We've saw what a Monday Night game can feel like and how loud the crowd can get. This isn't the regular season, this isn't a Monday Night football, this is the playoffs and we Chiefs fans have been wanting to get back to where we are so badly. The entire city is back to talking about the Chiefs, everyone is wearing red, people have been asking everyone else where they'll be at for the game and talking about the game. This is going to be the loudest game that Flacco has ever played in because this IS our championship game. Every game in KC is a championship game these days.

As a side note the county that Arrowhead resides in allows the residents first chance at buying playoff tickets before they hit the general public. No seat made it to the general public...sold out in less than NINE hours. This crowd will be loud, proud and a sea of red.

On another side note welcome to the crowd!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast