Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Perspective from a Steelers fan:

Default Perspective from a Steelers fan:

Hey guys,

First and foremost I just want to congratulate ALL Kansas City fans for having a great season. Well deserved, especially since everyone and their mothers just waited for Kansas City to implode, which they never did.

I've pretty much been saying all year that if the Chiefs land a spot, that going INTO the new Arrowhead (which I believed to ALWAYS be the loudest and toughest place to play) would be very tough for any opponent to walk in there and get a victory. Arrowhead is your saving grace and for good measure, esp being out of the playoffs for a few years.

Out of all of the playoff teams in the AFC Conference, it's the Chiefs that are well equipped to play spoiler and I think you guys can get it done tomorrow against Baltimore, who I think is nowhere CLOSE to being as good as their 12-4 record indicates.

According to Baltimore fans on the Steelers boards, they are laughing this game off and pretend this game doesn't exist and they got a BYE. I say give them hell, get loud as ever and pull a big upset!

If our paths may cross, I'll be back to talk some football! Good luck, maim the Raturds!

-Steelers Nation

Here is the main reason the Ravens will win. The Ravens EXCEL at stopping what the Chiefs do best. Stopping the run. You do that and Cassel will be running for his life like he did againts the Raiders. The Raiders SUCK at stopping the run, yet still stopped the vaunted Chiefs running game. Stop the run, game over for the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
    Hey guys,

First and foremost I just want to congratulate ALL Kansas City fans for having a great season. Well deserved, especially since everyone and their mothers just waited for Kansas City to implode, which they never did.

I've pretty much been saying all year that if the Chiefs land a spot, that going INTO the new Arrowhead (which I believed to ALWAYS be the loudest and toughest place to play) would be very tough for any opponent to walk in there and get a victory. Arrowhead is your saving grace and for good measure, esp being out of the playoffs for a few years.

Out of all of the playoff teams in the AFC Conference, it's the Chiefs that are well equipped to play spoiler and I think you guys can get it done tomorrow against Baltimore, who I think is nowhere CLOSE to being as good as their 12-4 record indicates.

According to Baltimore fans on the Steelers boards, they are laughing this game off and pretend this game doesn't exist and they got a BYE. I say give them hell, get loud as ever and pull a big upset!

If our paths may cross, I'll be back to talk some football! Good luck, maim the Raturds!

-Steelers Nation

The one and only reason your in here saying that is because you KNOW you dont want to see us, because you know whats going to happen. AND IF THE CHIEFS WIN i will be rooting for them to run that ball right down your throat.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENS DEN View Post
    The one and only reason your in here saying that is because you KNOW you dont want to see us, because you know whats going to happen. AND IF THE CHIEFS WIN i will be rooting for them to run that ball right down your throat.
    EXACTLY BRO! Chiefs one and done!

Quote Originally Posted by 5oclock_charlie View Post
    Post a link to those threads where Ravens fans are "laughing this game off". The vast majority of Ravens fans are taking this game very seriously. The only thing we're "laughing off" is Steeler trolls like you.

12-4 and the Ravens are one of the weaker teams in the conference?
    3 straight trips to the playoffs, road playoff wins the last two seasons. One of the best head coaches in the NFL. Ray Lewis. Joe Flacco. Ray Rice. Suggs. Enough said.

To be honest I am anticipating a relatively easy win in KC tomorrow. So are most Baltimore fans according to the Sun article this morning. Many are not making the trip to KC because they are looking towards the next round of the playoffs.

Of course anything will happen on the road. But I think next weekend the Steelers will have the Ravens to worry about.
    And trust me, I'd rather see Balty than K.C. I think if K.C wins a playoff game, it's today. I don't see them going on the road to ANYWHERE and winning. Today may be their day. And how the hell am I a troll? I come to talk football and nothing else, we could have very good discussions if you don't want to be an ******* about it.
    Last edited by StainlessStill; 01-09-2011 at 01:14 PM.

Honestly? I welcome a Baltimore playoff game. Roethlisberger OWNS you and you name me one big game Baltimore has EVER beat Pittsburgh in, esp in Heinz Field? Keep digging, because you won't find it!

And good luck for any team to run on Pittsburgh. We are possible the best EVER against the run, historically AND in the present.

BTW Baltimoron fans, I ASSURE you that Pittsburgh fans want nothing more than a Baltimore rematch. Flacco is one of the most overrated QB's in the game today and will find a way to lose the game, esp against Pittsburgh's defense where he only won twice in his carreer and that came against Charlie Batch and Dennis Dixon running the offense!

The only reason why I'm here is because the Raturds fans on our board thinking they have a BYE WEEK and overlooking K.C as well as anticipation of a possible Steelers/Chiefs matchup.
    Last edited by StainlessStill; 01-09-2011 at 01:25 PM.

You are very respectful of the chiefs to the chiefs crowd. For that, we welcome you StainlessStill
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Raven-nator View Post
    Here is the main reason the Ravens will win. The Ravens EXCEL at stopping what the Chiefs do best. Stopping the run. You do that and Cassel will be running for his life like he did againts the Raiders. The Raiders SUCK at stopping the run, yet still stopped the vaunted Chiefs running game. Stop the run, game over for the Chiefs.
    A. The Ravens can't stop this rushing attack.

B. The Ravens suck at getting to the QB. So even if they were to stop the run, they can't do what The Raiders did.

Who won that last meeting?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

Who won that last meeting?
    Pittsburgh, in Baltimore. That was the game Roethlisberger played with a broken foot and his nose off the side of his face and still delivered. I watch a lot of Ravens games, they simply aren't that good. Mediocre at best.

Quote Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
    Pittsburgh, in Baltimore. That was the game Roethlisberger played with a broken foot and his nose off the side of his face and still delivered. I watch a lot of Ravens games, they simply aren't that good. Mediocre at best.
    I knew the answer. The Steelers are the closest thing to a second favorite team, for me.

Just wanted to hear all the "ifs ands and buts".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast