Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: LOVE you Cassel, but youre NOT QOTF!

Default LOVE you Cassel, but youre NOT QOTF!

youre not exciting to watch. you make too many under pressure mistakes. your legs arent fast enough to make big difference plays in pressure situations. Weis is NOT helping you at all with giving you ZERO options for the check down passes... but even if he did im not confident that with all of your courage and heart that you could even hit him with a solid on-the-numbers pass.

You showed a lot of heart being able to play right after your surgery and you played well - but you didnt play against any challenging teams. Love you but youre backup material.

Lots of roster stacking to do in the offseasons.

Matt Cassel is not the answer either.Yes we do need a wide reciever or two, but will Matt be able to put the ball on the money.He holds the ball to long.You say he has no reciever.Like I said that may be true but they were some what open at time.You have to be open by 5 yards.He won't throw it into tight coverage like the good QB"S do.This is not college.There will be tight coverage.Oh, that's right he did'nt get to play in college.Don't get me wrong I like Matt.Guy's you will soon see he is not the QB of the future.He ducks his head when pressure is coming.He is not accurrate,unless your wide open.I would love to have Matt as a backup.He would be great for that but other than that.I don't think he will make it.Unless he gets in there and does some things alittle different.I don't think Kansas City will ever have a good QB.It's not in the cards.PLease prove me wrong Matt.I know you will get the rest of your bonus money and be back as the starter next year.

Quote Originally Posted by kckidd8870 View Post
    Matt Cassel is not the answer either.Yes we do need a wide reciever or two, but will Matt be able to put the ball on the money.He holds the ball to long.You say he has no reciever.Like I said that may be true but they were some what open at time.You have to be open by 5 yards.He won't throw it into tight coverage like the good QB"S do.This is not college.There will be tight coverage.Oh, that's right he did'nt get to play in college.Don't get me wrong I like Matt.Guy's you will soon see he is not the QB of the future.He ducks his head when pressure is coming.He is not accurrate,unless your wide open.I would love to have Matt as a backup.He would be great for that but other than that.I don't think he will make it.Unless he gets in there and does some things alittle different.I don't think Kansas City will ever have a good QB.It's not in the cards.PLease prove me wrong Matt.I know you will get the rest of your bonus money and be back as the starter next year.
    I think that if we see as big as a jump next season as we saw this season then there will be no question that he is the QBOTF. I like what I saw in him this year. I remain high on him despite how the season ended. We need help around him that will also make him look better.

How is it any surprise that all the Cassel haters are lighting up the internet now that we are done?

The man had a great season, in only his second year here, and his third season starting, (with three different offenses, mind you.) but a couple of bad games has us ready to start over?

The worst part?

I am going to be hearing this for half a year, before he gets back out there again.

It just seems incredible that a guy takes his team from 4-12 cellar-dwellers, to 10-6 division champions and gets all this flack.

That, in one season, he goes from 16 TDs and 16 INTs, to 27 TDs and 7 INTs, and it is so obvious to some that he will never be able to get better at the position.

There are no numbers to bring in support of those opinions. The only thing that you can do is grab portions of the season, and exclude the rest.

You can take a couple of games at the start, and a few more at the end, of the season, and that's all you have.

He went from a QB Rating of 69.9 (well deserving of harsh criticism.) to 93.0.

And that's the guy who has no chance of ever being good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    How is it any surprise that all the Cassel haters are lighting up the internet now that we are done?

Cuz he didn't win the Super Bowl!

4-12 to 10-6 is just flat out pathetic.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

I never was a hater of Cassel, but I did have my concerns about him coming into the season. He made great progress & I'd like to see more from him of what we saw in the Seattle and St. Louis games -- but, of course, he did have the support of a great running game in both those games. The game at Denver was out of reach, but he did put up some good numbers & showed in all those games that when he has time to throw the ball, he can be very good.

The man had a great season, in only his second year here, and his third season starting, (with three different offenses, mind you.) but a couple of bad games has us ready to start over?
    The Chiefs aren't going to replace him at this point, so no worries there. The main objective now is to bolster his support on the rest of the Offense.

The worst part?

I am going to be hearing this for half a year, before he gets back out there again.
    Do like I do and disregard it. They are pushing panic buttons over one game where the receivers didn't get open, the O-Line didn't protect him well when the Ravens knew he had to pass, and horrible play calling that caused the game to get out of hand. People forget it was his first playoff start. There have been QB's that haven't won their 1st playoff start and gone on to win Super Bowls -- Bart Starr is one of them.

It just seems incredible that a guy takes his team from 4-12 cellar-dwellers, to 10-6 division champions and gets all this flack.
    Agreed, it's too early to start throwing daggers at him.

That, in one season, he goes from 16 TDs and 16 INTs, to 27 TDs and 7 INTs, and it is so obvious to some that he will never be able to get better at the position.

There are no numbers to bring in support of those opinions. The only thing that you can do is grab portions of the season, and exclude the rest.

You can take a couple of games at the start, and a few more at the end, of the season, and that's all you have.

Precisely why I'd like to see them bring in players to bolster his support, especially the O-Line and WR positions. Going to be a much tougher schedule next year, so it's imperative they continue to build that Offense around him.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 01-12-2011 at 08:43 PM.

Cassel had a bad day sunday but he had many more good days lets keep him and watch him get even better.

The worst part?

As I said months back Cassel has won me over the last two games he has done nothing to dissuade me I think he could have played better but I would not put the loss on him or even a majority of it on him. I was very sceptical of Cassel not because he's super sharp and crisp but because he has a desire to win he is willing to block for his guys and take big shots to win the game and I respect that and I think at times when he has people that help him he looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefsfan1982 View Post
    His stats and success this year both indicate that he is a very good quarterback, but, for some reason, I have never felt comfortable with him when watching the chiefs. I don't know what it is about him. Never was that way with Trent Green. I had all the confidence in the world in Trent!

I'm just the opposite. I had zero confidence in Trent Green until he showed me that he was more then up to the job in his third season. I actually have had confidence in Cassel from the onset for some reason.

The worst part?

...Absolute ALL of THIS!

I really hope that Haley doesn't call the plays, because if he does I think Cassel will regress.

I do think that we need to get more weapons, but I also think Matt does need to continue to improve. This season he was protected by the offensive playcalling at times, much like any young quarterback (remember Rivers first year with Marty at the helm).

He needs to get quicker at getting the ball out and still work on his accuracy when under pressure. However, I like his work ethic and think he can make this happen.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast