Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: LOVE you Cassel, but youre NOT QOTF!

Default LOVE you Cassel, but youre NOT QOTF!

youre not exciting to watch. you make too many under pressure mistakes. your legs arent fast enough to make big difference plays in pressure situations. Weis is NOT helping you at all with giving you ZERO options for the check down passes... but even if he did im not confident that with all of your courage and heart that you could even hit him with a solid on-the-numbers pass.

You showed a lot of heart being able to play right after your surgery and you played well - but you didnt play against any challenging teams. Love you but youre backup material.

Lots of roster stacking to do in the offseasons.

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Some people are just simply, DUMB. LOL. They are so quick to say, trade him or get rid of him because of a bad game or not having an MVP season. If you keep trading or getting rid of all your players every season, then the team will never be good. You have to "build" a team to become a Super Bowl contender. Some people just don't get that.
    Agreed because if you keep trading or getting rid of people then we would be just like the Faiders.

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Some people are just simply, DUMB. LOL. They are so quick to say, trade him or get rid of him because of a bad game or not having an MVP season. If you keep trading or getting rid of all your players every season, then the team will never be good. You have to "build" a team to become a Super Bowl contender. Some people just don't get that.
    You just described the Washington Redskins.

I am thrilled to have Matt Cassel here as the QBOTF.

As long as we fix the offense around him, I fully expect Cassel to have a great career here.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I am thrilled to have Matt Cassel here as the QBOTF.

As long as we fix the offense around him, I fully expect Cassel to have a great career here.

Absolutely THIS!

Everyone seems to be assuming that the receivers were creating no separation and that's why Cassel appeared horrible. It's obvious that Cassel isn't intelligent enough to view all of his options. He looks at 1 guy the entire play and never looks off. Safeties and LBs can just pay attention to Cassel and just follow his eyes. Easy pick every time. The one thing I can't stand is when he sees a LB/DL coming 10 yds away and is out of the pocket but still gets sacked. There is no excuse for that.

Does anyone wonder why Cassel made no attempt to transfer once he realized that he had no chance of playing in college? If there's real talent or competitive nature at all, why wouldn't he transfer.

I am not saying that we need to draft a QB early bc we need help in other areas but I think we need to get a guy in the 3rd/4th round. I would like to take a chance on a guy like Dalton (I know, risky drafting a ginger but he does look legit) or Devlin from Delaware (may not last that long but who knows).

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyChief25 View Post
    Everyone seems to be assuming that the receivers were creating no separation and that's why Cassel appeared horrible. It's obvious that Cassel isn't intelligent enough to view all of his options. He looks at 1 guy the entire play and never looks off. Safeties and LBs can just pay attention to Cassel and just follow his eyes. Easy pick every time. The one thing I can't stand is when he sees a LB/DL coming 10 yds away and is out of the pocket but still gets sacked. There is no excuse for that.

Does anyone wonder why Cassel made no attempt to transfer once he realized that he had no chance of playing in college? If there's real talent or competitive nature at all, why wouldn't he transfer.

I am not saying that we need to draft a QB early bc we need help in other areas but I think we need to get a guy in the 3rd/4th round. I would like to take a chance on a guy like Dalton (I know, risky drafting a ginger but he does look legit) or Devlin from Delaware (may not last that long but who knows).
    C'mon man. Cassel has shown the ability to be one of the better QBs in the league. If you're seriously ready to throw the towel in on Cassel for a guy like Dalton or Devlin you're talking at least 2 years before the Chiefs are relevant again. And if those guys don't pan out, we're screwed for the next 4 years.

Cassel does go through his progressions. He got happy feet on the one interception, which was his fault b/c he had all day. But if you think the answer is putting the ball into a rookie QB's hands that isn't even one of the top 5 NFL prospects at the QB position, then you might want to become a Cardinals fan.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 01-10-2011 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyChief25 View Post

I don't think that's the case at all. I have seen him checkdown his WRS. Cassel was not good yesterday but that was his first playoff game. Pleanty of GREAT nfl qbs have stuggled in there first NFL playoff game. I am not down on him at all. He will learn from yesterday and be better because of it. MATT CASSEL IS OUR QB. And that's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    C'mon man. Cassel has shown the ability to be one of the better QBs in the league. If you're seriously ready to throw the towel in on Cassel for a guy like Dalton or Devlin you're talking at least 2 years before the Chiefs are relevant again. And if those guys don't pan out, we're screwed for the next 4 years.

Cassel does go through his progressions. He got happy feet on the one interception, which was his fault b/c he had all day. But if you think the answer is putting the ball into a rookie QB's hands that isn't even one of the top 5 NFL prospects at the QB position, then you might want to become a Cardinals fan.

I wasn't expecting any rookie QB we draft to play in 2011. With Cassel in there and the way we run our O, it would seem to be an easy and slow transition for a young QB.

Also, with how far our team has progressed in the passed year, it changes the way we are assessing the team. While not being a Cassel fan, I always thought that he'd be fine to get us back to an average team. After watching the 2010 team, it is clear that our expectations need to be raised. When raising the expectations, you have to ask whether or not Cassel is the type of QB that can ever beat good teams in the playoffs.

Do people really think that Cassel is going to become a better QB next year? What skills is he going to develop and improve between 28 and 29 years old. The aspects of his game that bother me are things that 28 year old QBs should not be making. Birddogging receivers, refusing to throw balls away, and missing open receivers.

I'd rather have mediocre play from a young QB with potential than mediocre play from a QB with limited potential.

Quote Originally Posted by iratefan View Post
    youre not exciting to watch. you make too many under pressure mistakes. your legs arent fast enough to make big difference plays in pressure situations. Weis is NOT helping you at all with giving you ZERO options for the check down passes... but even if he did im not confident that with all of your courage and heart that you could even hit him with a solid on-the-numbers pass.

You showed a lot of heart being able to play right after your surgery and you played well - but you didnt play against any challenging teams. Love you but youre backup material.

Lots of roster stacking to do in the offseasons.
    I wasn't aware that "exciting to watch"
    was a requirement for QOTF.

The guy just led us to as many victories in 2010 as we had in 2007, 2008, and 2009 combined. He needs some more help, but he sure isn't a disappointment to me as our #1 guy.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    I wasn't aware that "exciting to watch"
    was a requirement for QOTF.

The guy just led us to as many victories in 2010 as we had in 2007, 2008, and 2009 combined. He needs some more help, but he sure isn't a disappointment to me as our #1 guy.
    I couldn't agree more. It is difficult for me to see him as anything less then our QBOF.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast