Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What happened with our play calling

Default What happened with our play calling

It seems like after we went for it on 4th and 1 and instead of putting in our big guys and getting jackie battle in to go for it we put in charles on a pitch that we just fell apart. Our running game was killing it, Matt Cassel had 4/5 passes completed, and we were winning. I'm not pissed we lost the Ravens are a good team no doubt but I'm pissed at how we lost.

Well at least both me and my wife can share our hate for Charlie together. She is a big ND fan and hates Weis. She was pissed that we picked him up, because then she had to like him again. Now we can share our hatred ... the family that hates together stays together, right?

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    It seems like after we went for it on 4th and 1 and instead of putting in our big guys and getting jackie battle in to go for it we put in charles on a pitch that we just fell apart. Our running game was killing it, Matt Cassel had 4/5 passes completed, and we were winning. I'm not pissed we lost the Ravens are a good team no doubt but I'm pissed at how we lost.
    Maybe because charlie is a moron and we wasted a whole frikin season with him st oc.
    I though we were close but we aren't even close. Seeing how our oline recievers and oc will be new next year.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Well at least both me and my wife can share our hate for Charlie together. She is a big ND fan and hates Weis. She was pissed that we picked him up, because then she had to like him again. Now we can share our hatred ... the family that hates together stays together, right?
    Charlie Weiss should be proud for making your marriage that much stronger, that's about the only thing he's done right lately.

I think that Charles getting injured somewhere along the line had something to do with the game plan change. This is why you can't just depend on one guy to get it done.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

After hearing Haleys post game I think there is more to Charlies leaveing. He clearly was not happy with it and just said he was done talking about it. I think that it's good that we and Charlie are moveing on. Just not the right fit for one anther.

There's rumors that Haley took over the playcalling second half. That kinda makes sense, we looked like last year when Haley was our HCOC
    Navy Nuclear Power Credo:
    We the Unwilling, led by the Unknowing
    and Ungrateful, do the Impossible.
    We have been doing so much,
    for so long, with so little
    We are now Qualified to do Anything with Nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Buck Rogers View Post
    There's rumors that Haley took over the playcalling second half. That kinda makes sense, we looked like last year when Haley was our HCOC
    That it did. I don't like that move at all in the middle of a game. That kind of move is something is better done at the start of a week at least then a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I think that Charles getting injured somewhere along the line had something to do with the game plan change. This is why you can't just depend on one guy to get it done.
    THis is EXACTLY what I was trying to say to all of those people who said we just needed to give the ball to Charles the whole game.

Charles could not take that beating and it showed in this game. He came up slow on a couple of different plays. He is just not tough enough to take those huge hits.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    THis is EXACTLY what I was trying to say to all of those people who said we just needed to give the ball to Charles the whole game.

Charles could not take that beating and it showed in this game. He came up slow on a couple of different plays. He is just not tough enough to take those huge hits.
    Nonsense!

He was going to get nine carries, no matter what.

He had 230 carries and 45 catches on the season.

The fact that he came up sore from that shoulder hit was just a freakishly rare coincidence.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast