Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 3 reasons why the Chiefs lost today

Default Top 3 reasons why the Chiefs lost today

Top 3 reasons why the Chiefs lost today:
    1. Charlie Weiss - glad he's gone. his playcalling all year heas been headscratching at best. Good riddance Charlie! You run Jamaal CHarles one time in the 2nd half???? Once???

2. Turnovers - You don't win any game when you turn the ball over 5 times. Let along playoff games against Baltimore.

3. Wide Receivers. Only 2 pass attempts to the WR's all day. 2????, that's got to be a record. They got no seperation all day. #1 offseason need is WR.

It would be easy to blame this loss on the defense, but the Chiefs offense just kept putting the defense in so many bad situations.

What are your top 3 reasons that are KC(not Baltimore) related?

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Berry played his heart and and didn't make any rookie mistakes. He was the only guy there on every play. Clean your glasses.
    HAHAHAH he was picked on all day and was beat over and over and over again. He was involved in every play because they directed the play to him every play.

Its not hard to be involved in every play when the offense is targeting you. His pass coverage most of the year has been less than it should have been. The Berry/Heap match was a mismatch from the start. Crennel moved McGraw over to cover Heap in the second half.

Berry made some good plays against the run today, but having him cover that big tight end led to a lot of third down conversions.

If you did not see that, then you are the one that needs your glasses cleaned. Berry was beat in pass coverage on a regular basis!

Berry's job is to cover the tight end in passing plays, Heap had 10 catches for 108 yards and was the Ravens' top receiver on the day. That tells me that Berry did NOT do his job well.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

was McGraw playing safety today or was he being used as a safety/linebacker hybrid in certain packages? I noticed him in the box a lot

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    was McGraw playing safety today or was he being used as a safety/linebacker hybrid in certain packages? I noticed him in the box a lot
    He was the guy responsible for Heap...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    He was the guy responsible for Heap...
    IN the second half this was true, but Berry started out covering Heap and had to have help brought in.

Bingo. ^ They didn't throw or run against Berry, so your assessment is nonsense Vern. But he did come in 20 yards across the field to make solo tackles and break up passes. You really gotta learn the game Vern, so you don't sound so foolish.

Heap didn't make 1 reception against Berry. Jeez you're really reaching Vern. Not sounding very football knowledgeable.

Yeah, Berry played a hell of a game. I'm not sure where you saw Berry blowing coverage on Heap.

1. Poor offensive play-calling.
    2. Poor offensive play-calling.
    3. Worn out defense due to 1 and 2 above.
    SHUT IT

Berry made some excellent run stops and did come across the field to stop a crossing pattern..Berry played great..

My Three reasons:
    Completely abandoning the run early on in the second half.

No deep threat WR. That leaves a luxury for the Ravens secondary to have their safties play anywhere on the field

The unability to find mismatches on hot routes..KC was unable to get our fast players (McCluster and Charles) in space against slower defenders on check downs.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Bingo. ^ They didn't throw or run against Berry, so your assessment is nonsense Vern. But he did come in 20 yards across the field to make solo tackles and break up passes. You really gotta learn the game Vern, so you don't sound so foolish.
    Wow, OK, I must have been watching a different game than you, but I was watching a game with a buddy of mine and he voiced the same exact thing I was saying.

Just because you guys wanted him to be good, did not mean he was good. He did play well against the run no doubt about that, but the first five receptions Heap had in the game was some sort of blown coverage.

It has been Berry's knock all season guys, his inability to cover the elite Tight Ends in the league.

Berry does play Strong Safety correct? What is the main player of coverage for a strong safety in a passing down? Oh yeah, that would be the tight end. Who plays Tight End for the Ravens?

I am not saying that Berry is not a good player, but today he did not play well in passing coverage at least in terms of what traditional strong safety coverages are supposed to be.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast