Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 3 reasons why the Chiefs lost today

Default Top 3 reasons why the Chiefs lost today

Top 3 reasons why the Chiefs lost today:
    1. Charlie Weiss - glad he's gone. his playcalling all year heas been headscratching at best. Good riddance Charlie! You run Jamaal CHarles one time in the 2nd half???? Once???

2. Turnovers - You don't win any game when you turn the ball over 5 times. Let along playoff games against Baltimore.

3. Wide Receivers. Only 2 pass attempts to the WR's all day. 2????, that's got to be a record. They got no seperation all day. #1 offseason need is WR.

It would be easy to blame this loss on the defense, but the Chiefs offense just kept putting the defense in so many bad situations.

What are your top 3 reasons that are KC(not Baltimore) related?

The Chiefs played zone all first half, and put McGraw on Heap in the 2nd. So saying Berry was responsible for Heap in the first half is not true at all.

I'm still trying to think of one time where Heap was Berry's responsibility and I can only think of once on a well thrown ball by Flacco right where Berry couldn't get it. But most of Heap's catches in the first half came on 3rd down right in the middle of the field.

I recall one pass break up he had on Heap, and another where he laid out and got a hand in to break up a pass. I thought he played a hell of a game though, and the announcers continued to talk about how well he was playing. The people who didn't want to draft Berry this year will continue to find little things to pick on him for (or put blame on him for things he's not responsible for), but he's becoming a solid strong safety and we're gonna be glad we have him for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Wow, OK, I must have been watching a different game than you, but I was watching a game with a buddy of mine and he voiced the same exact thing I was saying.

Just because you guys wanted him to be good, did not mean he was good. He did play well against the run no doubt about that, but the first five receptions Heap had in the game was some sort of blown coverage.

It has been Berry's knock all season guys, his inability to cover the elite Tight Ends in the league.

Berry does play Strong Safety correct? What is the main player of coverage for a strong safety in a passing down? Oh yeah, that would be the tight end. Who plays Tight End for the Ravens?

I am not saying that Berry is not a good player, but today he did not play well in passing coverage at least in terms of what traditional strong safety coverages are supposed to be.
    Can you define what a traditional strong safety coverage is when the team is playing zone?

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Wow, OK, I must have been watching a different game than you, but I was watching a game with a buddy of mine and he voiced the same exact thing I was saying.

Just because you guys wanted him to be good, did not mean he was good. He did play well against the run no doubt about that, but the first five receptions Heap had in the game was some sort of blown coverage.

It has been Berry's knock all season guys, his inability to cover the elite Tight Ends in the league.

Berry does play Strong Safety correct? What is the main player of coverage for a strong safety in a passing down? Oh yeah, that would be the tight end. Who plays Tight End for the Ravens?

I am not saying that Berry is not a good player, but today he did not play well in passing coverage at least in terms of what traditional strong safety coverages are supposed to be.
    Vern, I'm not sure you can pin this solely on Berry for Heaps success..In many cases pass coverage assignments on TE's fall on the linebacker as well..Unfortunately, we don't have a linebacker capable of covering a TE on drag/crossing routes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    The Chiefs played zone all first half, and put McGraw on Heap in the 2nd. So saying Berry was responsible for Heap in the first half is not true at all.

I'm still trying to think of one time where Heap was Berry's responsibility and I can only think of once on a well thrown ball by Flacco right where Berry couldn't get it. But most of Heap's catches in the first half came on 3rd down right in the middle of the field.

I recall one pass break up he had on Heap, and another where he laid out and got a hand in to break up a pass. I thought he played a hell of a game though, and the announcers continued to talk about how well he was playing. The people who didn't want to draft Berry this year will continue to find little things to pick on him for (or put blame on him for things he's not responsible for), but he's becoming a solid strong safety and we're gonna be glad we have him for years to come.
    This is what I saw. They tried to pick on Berry and Flowers early, then reassesed and started passing it over the middle against our slower LB's. If someone needs to be called to the carpet for todays' performance on defense it should be McGraw or Vrabel. Both of which won't be starting next year.

In a 3/4 defense, both safties and lbs must blitz to bear some pressure on the ol. If the 3 up-front dl are being pushed back, the whole scheme falls apart. I don't know. I'm starting to wonder if a 4/3 is better suited for the players we have..
    That being said, we need an offense that can stay on the field long enough to give our D a breather.
    SHUT IT

I'm glad he is gone too.Most of the year his play calling was crap.I foregot what reporter said it,but at the beginning of the year.He said, all Wies like to do is run the ball and the short passing game.Charlie has no creativity.What the Chiefs did this year was on us,not that looser.By the way New England would have one those championships without him.People try to make it sem like Charlie was a big part of it.That might be what it seemed like,but New England just had loads of talent.Charlie you can go to florida and help them loose now.Don't like Florida any ways.He is just a dirty old man.Can't even take pride in his appearance.How can he run an offense.Who ever we get will be better than that.I also don't think Cassel will be the trigger man either.The tight coverages he won't ever fit in tight spaces.The only way he will pass it is if the guy is wide open.He is scared to pull the trigger.Good season for what we had.We do have a few holes to fill.Talk to you all next year.

If Weiss is as terrible as most have voiced here, then who is at fault here? Weiss or the people that brought him here?
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    If Weiss is as terrible as most have voiced here, then who is at fault here? Weiss or the people that brought him here?
    Good question. All I'm saying is that the playcalling was odd nearly all season. I liked the design of a lot of the plays, but the timing of the play calls was what I would question. Especially earlier in the season.

Was at the game today. My son and I traveled from NJ. Rough 2nd half for sure. I have to agree with the original poster's number one complaint. I'm not sure why we abandoned the run game at the start of the second half. It seemed as though Jamaal Charles got good chunks of yardage in the first half.

Matt Cassal had happy feet for much of the second half. I don't get that guy, sometimes he looks calm in the pocket, other times he seems to zone in on one receiver and if it's not open , he panics.

I love DJ, but he had a rough game. Berry was awesome IMO, and Dorsey played well too.

Here's to next year, and continued progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Good question. All I'm saying is that the playcalling was odd nearly all season. I liked the design of a lot of the plays, but the timing of the play calls was what I would question. Especially earlier in the season.
    I agree with this. The ability to change a game plan on the fly to adapt to what the opposing defense was giving us was severly lacking under Weiss.
    SHUT IT

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast