Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 3 reasons why the Chiefs lost today

Default Top 3 reasons why the Chiefs lost today

Top 3 reasons why the Chiefs lost today:
    1. Charlie Weiss - glad he's gone. his playcalling all year heas been headscratching at best. Good riddance Charlie! You run Jamaal CHarles one time in the 2nd half???? Once???

2. Turnovers - You don't win any game when you turn the ball over 5 times. Let along playoff games against Baltimore.

3. Wide Receivers. Only 2 pass attempts to the WR's all day. 2????, that's got to be a record. They got no seperation all day. #1 offseason need is WR.

It would be easy to blame this loss on the defense, but the Chiefs offense just kept putting the defense in so many bad situations.

What are your top 3 reasons that are KC(not Baltimore) related?

Skimmed through everyone's posts, didn't catch anybody talking about this (my bad if it was talked about), but you don't win a playoff game committing five turnovers. Some of Cassell's interceptions were just sad to watch.

Vern -

I have to respectfully disagree with your assessment of Berry. We were in zone a lot in the first half. So Berry was either blitzing, covering the flat or the deep half, as a strong safety should.

From what I say, Heap did have a couple of catches on him, but it wasnt because of Berry not being there to make the play. They were well thrown passes that Berry got a hand on, but Heap just made a better play.

It seems Berry's name was being mentioned on every other play in the first half

This was an awesome year and its only going to get better, so keep things in perspective, please.

Reasons for the loss:

1. Playcalling... that 4th down toss to JC was bad, coming out and throwing 3 times in the 2nd was bad, stop calling runs were bad, etc, etc. Glad Charlie is gone.

2. Cassel. Man, stop holding the ball & staring guys down. The Ravens doubled Bowe most of the day - you have to be able to find someone else open somewhere, and quickly.

3. LB play in coverage... that was rough. If Berry was on Todd, they'd just cross someone else over the middle ( like on Rice's TD ).

Matt will get better and drafting a compliment to Bowe would help out. Get a coverage LB and a good OC... could be a nice season next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
    Vern, I'm not sure you can pin this solely on Berry for Heaps success..In many cases pass coverage assignments on TE's fall on the linebacker as well..Unfortunately, we don't have a linebacker capable of covering a TE on drag/crossing routes.
    I never pinned anything solely on Berry, I am just pointing out that he seemed out of position a lot of the plays. Look, I am talking pretty much solely about the first half of the game. After the half, the defense made some adjustments and Heap was covered better, but in the first half is when he ripped the defense apart.

When playing a zone, the safeties were playing pretty deep, maybe deeper than they should have been, especially when the linebackers were blitzing. You have to had it to Flacco that he read the blitz and put the pass right to the tight end over the middle.

Someone has to step up into coverage in that type of play to cover the middle of the field on defense, that is typically one of the two safeties, or both of them. Early on it seemed that it was Berry since he was always the one that was in the vacinity of the play, but never close enough to make a play on the ball.

In the second half, McGraw and Berry were both much closer on Heap and they were able to take him out of the game a little more, but still the guy had a big game.

Look, the word on Berry all season is his pass coverage, he is fast and is a tremendous talent, he will get better and I am sure he learned a lot this year. Let's learn from these issues and have a better defense next year.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Berry was never out of position, he just got beat on some plays in the first half by Heap. I was screaming to double cover Heap and we never did.

I thought our defense was actually decent, the offense just did them no favors at all. We need a WR and we need one NOW!
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Berry was never out of position, he just got beat on some plays in the first half by Heap. I was screaming to double cover Heap and we never did.

I thought our defense was actually decent, the offense just did them no favors at all. We need a WR and we need one NOW!
    The defense came to play today. The offense and they got a few bad calls that kept them on the field longer wore them down.

WR is one of the biggest needs of the offseason. I stick by what I have said in the past D Bowe is not a REAL #1 WR in the NFL. He took today off. He just takes to many games off to be a number 1

lol @ berry playing bad today. I played TE in college and it seems someone doesnt know what a SS is supposed to do. Newayz, that game hurt to watch i was happy we hung in there in the 1st half and thought we had a chance to steal one. Real happy with Berry, Charles, Hali, Flowers, Carr,...Bowe and Cassell had bad games but im still on thier side. Lets go next year SB champs!

1). Maturaty/Experience. Weis leaving is an excuse. whether he stayed or left we our outcome would have been the same. Simply put, we just aren't as good as the Ravens. The Ravens are experienced and more well rounded as a team, no outstanding flashy players, no poor players. (of course with the exception of Lewis, Reed).

2). No WR core. Our WR core IS Dwane Bowe and Dwayne Bowe ONLY.

3). Our LBs.(need a nose tackle). Tamba and Berry/2ndary were freaks out there today. how did the score get run up? Im not satisfied with LBs and we need a significant NT.

I suppose in different systems linebackers do different things, but when I was in high school playing linebacker, in zone coverage, we were told take three hard crossovers to the outside then to gain depth in our drops, and jump the QB's first look. That sounds more useful than what our guys did yesterday; stand there

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast