Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Top 3 reasons why the Chiefs lost today

Default Top 3 reasons why the Chiefs lost today

Top 3 reasons why the Chiefs lost today:
    1. Charlie Weiss - glad he's gone. his playcalling all year heas been headscratching at best. Good riddance Charlie! You run Jamaal CHarles one time in the 2nd half???? Once???

2. Turnovers - You don't win any game when you turn the ball over 5 times. Let along playoff games against Baltimore.

3. Wide Receivers. Only 2 pass attempts to the WR's all day. 2????, that's got to be a record. They got no seperation all day. #1 offseason need is WR.

It would be easy to blame this loss on the defense, but the Chiefs offense just kept putting the defense in so many bad situations.

What are your top 3 reasons that are KC(not Baltimore) related?

Didn't read all of the responses, but:

1. The Ravens are really, really good. Perenially one of the top-5 teams in the NFL. Incredibly difficult to beat in the playoffs and incredibly well coached. They do not lose to teams with less talent than them.

2. Cassel. He was horrible out there. Of course, that was in part because of . . .

3. Our OL. Look, the smoke and mirrors was fiun for the first few weeks. But the undersized guys (Wiegmann and Lilja) wore down and Richardson was exposed as soon as he faced real pass rushers. Upgrade the d*** thing already!

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post

1. The Ravens are really, really good. Perenially one of the top-5 teams in the NFL. Incredibly difficult to beat in the playoffs and incredibly well coached. They do not lose to teams with less talent than them.

2. Cassel. He was horrible out there. Of course, that was in part because of . . .

3. Our OL. Look, the smoke and mirrors was fiun for the first few weeks. But the undersized guys (Wiegmann and Lilja) wore down and Richardson was exposed as soon as he faced real pass rushers. Upgrade the d*** thing already!
    Totally agree regarding the O-Line and Albert got exposed as well.

Wow, Bwilliams says something I agree 100% with. We both can't be right, can we...

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Wow, Bwilliams says something I agree 100% with. We both can't be right, can we...
    I like to think that you've matured over the six months I've been gone.

Everyone is talking about how having another No. 1 Wr will save our team. What good is it if the QB still can't throw to them. Matt Cassel held onto that ball over and over again and found myself screaming to throw the ball throughout the game. Let's hope another good WR will make Cassel a better QB because it's hard to believe that no one was open that many times. GO CHIEFS!

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    Everyone is talking about how having another No. 1 Wr will save our team. What good is it if the QB still can't throw to them. Matt Cassel held onto that ball over and over again and found myself screaming to throw the ball throughout the game. Let's hope another good WR will make Cassel a better QB because it's hard to believe that no one was open that many times. GO CHIEFS!
    HAHAHA, Cassel did a much better job of getting rid of the ball this year. Look at how many fewer sacks have been recorded. Towards the end of the season, when the offensive line started to have problems with pass blocking against tougher defensive line, we had a few more sacks.

But seriously, who is Cassel going to throw the ball to if the receivers cannot run routes well enough to get open? You can scream, "Throw the ball" all you want, but if no one is open all you are doing is giving up a down.

A better wide receiver across from Bowe would really help Cassel be able to get the ball off sooner.

Cassel needs to learn to scan the field a little better, I will still give you that, but he was much better this year than last year about getting rid of the ball.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I get the feeling that upgrades to the offensive line are tough to pull together. Unless the Chiefs are willing to open up the payroll a little, I just don't see it happening, even though I am 100% on board with upgrading it.

We need a lot on the OL as well. Both of our centers are up for free agency, plus Waters is a little long in the tooth, we need to be thinking about his replacement. He will be a free agent this time next year as well and with his age, I do not see him coming back again.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Cassel needs to learn to scan the field a little better, I will still give you that, but he was much better this year than last year about getting rid of the ball.
    Well said

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I get the feeling that upgrades to the offensive line are tough to pull together. Unless the Chiefs are willing to open up the payroll a little, I just don't see it happening, even though I am 100% on board with upgrading it.

We need a lot on the OL as well. Both of our centers are up for free agency, plus Waters is a little long in the tooth, we need to be thinking about his replacement. He will be a free agent this time next year as well and with his age, I do not see him coming back again.
    We had the 2nd lowest payroll in the league this year. Assuming Wiegmann and Vrabel retire and Chambers gets cut (safe assumptions), we'll still be well under whatever hard cap gets put in place, even with Hali, Charles, and DJ's extensions. There are places to scrimp, but OL isn't one of them.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112