Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 3 reasons why the Chiefs lost today

Default Top 3 reasons why the Chiefs lost today

Top 3 reasons why the Chiefs lost today:
    1. Charlie Weiss - glad he's gone. his playcalling all year heas been headscratching at best. Good riddance Charlie! You run Jamaal CHarles one time in the 2nd half???? Once???

2. Turnovers - You don't win any game when you turn the ball over 5 times. Let along playoff games against Baltimore.

3. Wide Receivers. Only 2 pass attempts to the WR's all day. 2????, that's got to be a record. They got no seperation all day. #1 offseason need is WR.

It would be easy to blame this loss on the defense, but the Chiefs offense just kept putting the defense in so many bad situations.

What are your top 3 reasons that are KC(not Baltimore) related?

Here is what I watched from Chile (perhaps distance didn't help)

Momentum breaker: play calling on 4th down. I would handled the ball to Smith or let him lead or kick the FG. That would tie the game. Everything after was downhill.

Ravens D, specially secondary. OK we don't have an elite WR corps, but sometime they must get open. It just didn't happened. Secondary was always on their backs.

Safeties playing way back. They gave, like 20 yards of separation? too much, specially if our LB's except Hali were play bad.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

My 3 reasons why we lost today

1. UP 7 to 3 with the ball at the 17 move into ravens territiry to have Branden albert false start on a 3rd and 1. Ravens go down and score a td.

2. 4th and inches we call a timeout to run a toss. WTF!

3. Inability to cover TE's. Is it me or do tightends seem to have big games against us.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The defense came to play today. The offense and they got a few bad calls that kept them on the field longer wore them down.

WR is one of the biggest needs of the offseason. I stick by what I have said in the past D Bowe is not a REAL #1 WR in the NFL. He took today off. He just takes to many games off to be a number 1
    You really think Bowe took the day off? Our first home playoff game in years? I don't think so. He was blanketed all day. I do think he is not the best route runner in the world and may lack the ability to get open - but I doubt your assessment that he took the day off...
    SHUT IT

The top reason.....

No adjustment to short dumpoff passes down the middle. The Ravens and Raiders did this repeatedly and yet we still refused to cover them. It amazed me how many plays yesterday I watched Rice run out of the back field on third down and catch a dump off pass, wide open, then run for a first down. Where was the coverage? What was Crennel looking at when this happened at least 10 times in the first quarter alone?

The turnovers came later, but I think our 3rd defense eventually led to the frustration that led to the rest of our problems...

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    It seems Berry's name was being mentioned on every other play in the first half
    Berry is a rookie. He will be a star in this league. The national talk shows were praising his play yesterday...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Daylights View Post
    The top reason.....

No adjustment to short dumpoff passes down the middle. The Ravens and Raiders did this repeatedly and yet we still refused to cover them. It amazed me how many plays yesterday I watched Rice run out of the back field on third down and catch a dump off pass, wide open, then run for a first down. Where was the coverage? What was Crennel looking at when this happened at least 10 times in the first quarter alone?

The turnovers came later, but I think our 3rd defense eventually led to the frustration that led to the rest of our problems...
    I agree with this. Could it be that Cam Cameron simply outcoached Romeo this day? It could happen, and I think it did.
    Romeo was one of the reasons we were in this playoff game in the first place - but it is his first year with this team and he will only get better as he gets the players he wants...
    SHUT IT

1) They scored more than us
    2) The Ravens are a good team and we are not at their level.........yet
    3) Poor adjustments (if any) were made in the second half. It looked like a totally different team out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    1). Maturaty/Experience. Weis leaving is an excuse. whether he stayed or left we our outcome would have been the same. Simply put, we just aren't as good as the Ravens. The Ravens are experienced and more well rounded as a team, no outstanding flashy players, no poor players. (of course with the exception of Lewis, Reed).

2). No WR core. Our WR core IS Dwane Bowe and Dwayne Bowe ONLY.

3). Our LBs.(need a nose tackle). Tamba and Berry/2ndary were freaks out there today. how did the score get run up? Im not satisfied with LBs and we need a significant NT.
    Excellent first point, the #1 reason we got beat was because the ravens played way better than the chiefs.

I strongly believe the chiefs will address the WR position early and often this offseason. Pioli showed his hand when he signed WR Kevin Curtis on Wednesday and 4 days later he was our starting #2 WR in the biggest game the chiefs have played since he took over. It will be addressed.

One has to wonder if the Chiefs had been more aggressive in pursuing WR Boldin last offseason if there wouldn't have been a different outcome today. That guy made tough catches all day that kept moving re chains. He was a major difference maker for a #2 WR.

Simple reason why we lost the game:

Playcalling and execution on Offense. Our defense stood no chance of holding up against Baltimore when they were on the field more than the refs themself. We possessed the ball for a measly 18 minutes, compared to their 42. COME ON MAN!

Cassel was terrible today, Weis called it quits and had his mind in Florida before halftime even got here.

How about this for a football strategy: Get your playmakers the damn ball (Bowe and Charles).

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The defense came to play today. The offense and they got a few bad calls that kept them on the field longer wore them down.

WR is one of the biggest needs of the offseason. I stick by what I have said in the past D Bowe is not a REAL #1 WR in the NFL. He took today off. He just takes to many games off to be a number 1
    Bowe took today off? Please. He was double covered. Shame on Weis for failing to move him around, get him in motion to create mismatches and free him up. This is not on Bowe at all.

It pains me to listen to people say things that are so far from the truth. After the first series I noticed that Bowe was getting coverage rolled to him. In case you don't believe me, here's a little blurb from Rotoworld:

"Coach Todd Haley admitted that it was a mistake not to involve Dwayne Bowe in Sunday's Wild Card round loss to the Ravens.
    After catching 72 passes and 15 touchdowns in the regular season, Bowe didn't even get a target yesterday. Matt Cassel said that he was unable to throw in Bowe's direction because the Ravens had two defenders on him at all times. The two will have an entire offseason together to get on the same page as we look to next season."

If you don't think a guy that led the league in TD passes is a true #1, then I don't know what a true #1 is...

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast