Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Top 3 reasons why the Chiefs lost today

Default Top 3 reasons why the Chiefs lost today

Top 3 reasons why the Chiefs lost today:
    1. Charlie Weiss - glad he's gone. his playcalling all year heas been headscratching at best. Good riddance Charlie! You run Jamaal CHarles one time in the 2nd half???? Once???

2. Turnovers - You don't win any game when you turn the ball over 5 times. Let along playoff games against Baltimore.

3. Wide Receivers. Only 2 pass attempts to the WR's all day. 2????, that's got to be a record. They got no seperation all day. #1 offseason need is WR.

It would be easy to blame this loss on the defense, but the Chiefs offense just kept putting the defense in so many bad situations.

What are your top 3 reasons that are KC(not Baltimore) related?

I See No One Else Agrees With Me On The Empty Stadium And It Was Empty For A Playoff Game.

Quote Originally Posted by billb40 View Post
    I See No One Else Agrees With Me On The Empty Stadium And It Was Empty For A Playoff Game.
    WE DID NOT FILL THE STANDS. WHAT THE HECK. IF WE CANNOT SUPPORT THE TEAM WITH A SELL OUT WE DO NOT DESERVE A WIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

Top 3 reasons why the Chiefs lost today:
    1. Charlie Weiss - glad he's gone. his playcalling all year heas been headscratching at best. Good riddance Charlie! You run Jamaal CHarles one time in the 2nd half???? Once???

2. Turnovers - You don't win any game when you turn the ball over 5 times. Let along playoff games against Baltimore.

3. Wide Receivers. Only 2 pass attempts to the WR's all day. 2????, that's got to be a record. They got no seperation all day. #1 offseason need is WR.

It would be easy to blame this loss on the defense, but the Chiefs offense just kept putting the defense in so many bad situations.

What are your top 3 reasons that are KC(not Baltimore) related?

1.) Spot on, Coach. I think that the play-calling was our biggest downfall.

I truly believe that some portion of Charlie Weiss "called it in" over the past few weeks. Maybe not intentionally, but perhaps due to the distraction of his employment situation.

NFL Network just stated that Weiss had his play-calling duties stripped during the game. (Speculation, it would seem.)

2.) Again. Right on target. Though, some of that could have easily been overcome. Just too much of it.

3.) I don't have the downfield footage, do I can't tell if Cassel was missing the openings, or if the WRs failed to get any separation. But one, or both of those units (QB/WRs) failed, it seems.

I would actually pin #3 on missed opportunities.

There were a couple of near INTs, that could have changed the entire game, and a couple of big passes where the receiver could not come down in-bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    HAHAHAH he was picked on all day and was beat over and over and over again. He was involved in every play because they directed the play to him every play.

Its not hard to be involved in every play when the offense is targeting you. His pass coverage most of the year has been less than it should have been. The Berry/Heap match was a mismatch from the start. Crennel moved McGraw over to cover Heap in the second half.

Berry made some good plays against the run today, but having him cover that big tight end led to a lot of third down conversions.

If you did not see that, then you are the one that needs your glasses cleaned. Berry was beat in pass coverage on a regular basis!

Berry's job is to cover the tight end in passing plays, Heap had 10 catches for 108 yards and was the Ravens' top receiver on the day. That tells me that Berry did NOT do his job well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Yeah, Berry played a hell of a game. I'm not sure where you saw Berry blowing coverage on Heap.
    OK. Hayvern is not entirely off-base here. But he does seem to be over-crediting Berry for alot here.

In the first quarter Heap was targeted six times. He had four catches. And all were against Berry in man coverage.

13:33 3rd & 8, Berry gets shoved off for separation, and allows a 12 yard gain for a first down.

Nobody to blame, but Eric Berry.

11:41, 3rd &2, Heap runs a stop route, for a seven yard gain and a first down.

Again, nobody to blame, but Eric Berry.

11:02, 1st & 10, Flowers covers Heap and disrupts a pass attempt in the endzone. Incomplete.

10:50, 2nd & 10, Berry is 'picked' by a LB (teammate) and can't recover, allowing a 13 yard gain, and a first down, at the goalline.

I put this one on the LB who came up to soon. But a tough play, no matter how you look at it.

9:11 3rd & 1 (Goal), Berry knocks away a pass to Heap in the endzone.

Excellent play by Berry.

4:36, 2n & 9, Berry allows a three yard gain, keeping Heap well short of a first down.

Very good defense by Berry.

In the second quarter, Berry did not cover Heap on any attempt thrown to Heap.

Mcgraw allowed two catches, 12 and 13 yards, and Belcher, in a zone, allowed the 21 yard catch.

In the third quarter, Flowers allowed a 13 yard catch by Heap, on a terrific pass/catch.

Berry had man coverage on Heap twice.

6:43, 3rd & 2, Berry breaks up a pass intended for Heap, bringing up fourth down.

Excellent play by Berry.

Then, at 5:40, on 1st & 10, at The KC 17 yard line, Berry is called for Illegal Contact against heap, in man coverage.

This play, in my opinion, makes your mind up about how Berry did against Heap.

To me looks as if Berry has position, feet get tangled, and Heap flops for the call. And the referee grants Heap's wish.

There was hand-checking beyond five yards, barely, by both players. And nothing that altered the path of the other player.

I think that the call was an attempt to call PI. But, after throwing the flag, the ref determined that that was a mistake, and granted the lesser call.

Either way, the penalty was only five yards.

During the fourth quarter, Berry was in man coverage against Heap for one attempt.

9:28, 3rd & 9, Berry allows Heap a seven yard reception, bringing up fourth down.

Excellent play by Berry.

Overall, Berry had bad coverage twice against heap.

But, with the penalty, and the play where he ran into a LB, there are two more plays that one could pin the blame on berry for.

On the other hand, Berry had good coverage, or just made a good play while covering Heap, four times.

And one could give him credit for a fifth, on the penalty call.

For my money, considering all of the other good plays that he made, even missing on an INT or two, I'd say that he had a pretty good game.

He did make a couple of mistakes. But far from getting torched.
    Last edited by chief31; 01-10-2011 at 07:03 PM.

Time of Possession for the game had baltimore with the ball for 41:44, and The Chiefs for 18:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I agree with this. Could it be that Cam Cameron simply outcoached Romeo this day? It could happen, and I think it did.
    Romeo was one of the reasons we were in this playoff game in the first place - but it is his first year with this team and he will only get better as he gets the players he wants...
    It might be easier to swallow if the Raiders didn't do the exact same thing the week before....short dumpoff passes. We covered deep and neglected the short middle two weeks in a row.

Other than that, Romeo has done well and the goal line stop early in the game was brilliant.

Considering that our defense was on the field for 78 plays, as opposed to the 40 plays that The Ravens' defense was on the field, and the situations that the turnovers put them in, I think that Crennel did a very good job Sunday.

Glads Weiss is history! Good riddens to bad rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    In hindsight, we should have thrown whatever it took to get Boldin.
    Correct. Apparently, this organization isn't ready to take the next step. If it was, we would had snagged up Boldin. I don't think Pioli is willing to shell out the bucks to get a big-time reciever.
    Chambers was a mistake. He is neither mentoring Bowe or contributing to the locker room. He is here for a paycheck - nothing more.
    Weis was also a mistake.
    I would like to pick up Fitz and McDaniels this off-season. I doubt that either will happen, but it should.
    No more mistakes like Chambers and Weis please.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Correct. Apparently, this organization isn't ready to take the next step. If it was, we would had snagged up Boldin. I don't think Pioli is willing to shell out the bucks to get a big-time reciever.
    Chambers was a mistake. He is neither mentoring Bowe or contributing to the locker room. He is here for a paycheck - nothing more.
    Weis was also a mistake.
    I would like to pick up Fitz and McDaniels this off-season. I doubt that either will happen, but it should.
    No more mistakes like Chambers and Weis please.
    Or maybe there's something about Boldin that Haley doesn't like. I mean, he did coach him.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Glads Weiss is history! Good riddens to bad rubbish.
    Me as well he was clearly not the right fit for our team so it's good that he is moveing on.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast