Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ending my Silence, End of Season Thoughts

Hybrid View

Default Ending my Silence, End of Season Thoughts

Hey guys. Long time no post. I have resisted posting all season, not because I dont love you guys, but because of superstition. I missed the first couple of weeks because I was living in a tent in the middle of the desert ... and we were 3-0. I continued my forum silence hoping it was helping the Chiefs win.

I have been following the Crowd all season, though. But now it is time for me to give my 2 cents.

So here are some of my thoughts.

1. We need a true FS. Almost everytime Todd Heap caught the ball it was because McGraw was beaten. He also blew some zone coverages. Everytime Berry was playing up on Todd Heap, he either broke up the play or Heap made a great catch. We need another starting quality FS (either draft or a veteran) to play across Berry. This is by far our weakest link in the secondary, and on the defense as a whole.

2. Our defensive front 7 is surprisingly great this year. Our only need is to bring in some youth and or size at NT.

3. Our OL is old, and has a tendency to get beat. We better start/continue to draft some more youth.

4. We need to give Cassel another target other than Bowe and Moeaki. We have had what, something like 5 different people starting across from Bowe? We need some consistency at the other WR spot. It will pull the double teams off Bowe, leaving him, Moeaki open more often, and also keeping the defense off the run game and Jamaal Charles.

5. The OC situation. I think Weis put in a great system and has a great playbook, and he has done a great job with Cassel's improvement, but I didnt like his playcalling for much of the season. Especially the last two games. I think he has completely checked out mentally. I dont like McDaniels as a person. I also think he had no discipline in Denver. They had a ton of off the field problems. However, I dont know who would be a better option.

6. Overall, this was a great season. I am worried that we only beat one or two teams that were better than .500, but we are still early in the rebuilding process. We saw some real development in our LBs (thank you Romeo!), DL (thank you again Romeo!), and OL. I really look forward to this offseason.

7. Most importantly, I won a new jersey off what was initially a drunken bet http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/im...khillbilly.gif with my SD Chargers friend. Whoever finished higher in the division gets a jersey from the winner. Now I have to decide whose jersey I want?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Hey guys. Long time no post. I have resisted posting all season, not because I dont love you guys, but because of superstition. I missed the first couple of weeks because I was living in a tent in the middle of the desert ... and we were 3-0. I continued my forum silence hoping it was helping the Chiefs win.

I have been following the Crowd all season, though. But now it is time for me to give my 2 cents.

So here are some of my thoughts.

1. We need a true FS. Almost everytime Todd Heap caught the ball it was because McGraw was beaten. He also blew some zone coverages. Everytime Berry was playing up on Todd Heap, he either broke up the play or Heap made a great catch. We need another starting quality FS (either draft or a veteran) to play across Berry. This is by far our weakest link in the secondary, and on the defense as a whole.

2. Our defensive front 7 is surprisingly great this year. Our only need is to bring in some youth and or size at NT.

3. Our OL is old, and has a tendency to get beat. We better start/continue to draft some more youth.

4. We need to give Cassel another target other than Bowe and Moeaki. We have had what, something like 5 different people starting across from Bowe? We need some consistency at the other WR spot. It will pull the double teams off Bowe, leaving him, Moeaki open more often, and also keeping the defense off the run game and Jamaal Charles.

5. The OC situation. I think Weis put in a great system and has a great playbook, and he has done a great job with Cassel's improvement, but I didnt like his playcalling for much of the season. Especially the last two games. I think he has completely checked out mentally. I dont like McDaniels as a person. I also think he had no discipline in Denver. They had a ton of off the field problems. However, I dont know who would be a better option.

6. Overall, this was a great season. I am worried that we only beat one or two teams that were better than .500, but we are still early in the rebuilding process. We saw some real development in our LBs (thank you Romeo!), DL (thank you again Romeo!), and OL. I really look forward to this offseason.

7. Most importantly, I won a new jersey off what was initially a drunken bet http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/im...khillbilly.gif with my SD Chargers friend. Whoever finished higher in the division gets a jersey from the winner. Now I have to decide whose jersey I want?!?!?!?!
    Just resigned DJ and Jamaal Charles. Both good jersey candidates.

Already have a DJ jersey. I bought one when we drafted him. I also have a Montana jersey and Priest Holmes.

Thanks for you service. Chiefs will prevail. We are on a better track now than with the previous staff. I do not know if it is the best but hope The RED and GOLD will be the best in the future. I wish I was as smart as most of the folks posting I would have a future in the NIFAM

Bowe, Charles, Flowers, or Berry jersey
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Disagree. Some of the throws were indefensible, a credit to Flacco.

I think the problems you mentioned involve the underneath passes to the RB as well as those to Heap, all occurring in the middle of the field. In each case, the TE or RB was wide open in the middle of the field. One of those led directly to a touchdown. I think this was more to bad defensive adjustments than just the FS being out of position. Last week, the Raiders did the exact same thing, short dump offs to their RB and two weeks in a row Crennel didn't adjust to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Daylights View Post

Disagree. Some of the throws were indefensible, a credit to Flacco.

I think the problems you mentioned involve the underneath passes to the RB as well as those to Heap, all occurring in the middle of the field. In each case, the TE or RB was wide open in the middle of the field. One of those led directly to a touchdown. I think this was more to bad defensive adjustments than just the FS being out of position. Last week, the Raiders did the exact same thing, short dump offs to their RB and two weeks in a row Crennel didn't adjust to this.
    Wrong completely. You obviously don't know what the job of the FS is. They keep an eye on the whole field and provide help in certain coverage packages. Not to mention, McGraw hardly even plays FS anymore, that's Kendrick Lewis' job and he's pretty good at it.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Wrong completely. You obviously don't know what the job of the FS is. They keep an eye on the whole field and provide help in certain coverage packages. Not to mention, McGraw hardly even plays FS anymore, that's Kendrick Lewis' job and he's pretty good at it.
    When Mcgraw was guarding Todd Heap the Chiefs were in a Nickel package and Lewis was the FS

Did anyone actually pay attention to the fact that the Chiefs put McGraw on Heap man to man. IT had nothing to do with him being a FS. That was their failed attempt of trying to shut down Heap.

They were using Mc Graw as a NB, and left Lewis in as FS.

Maybe a little pass rush would have made those throws a little tougher. I mean I don't recall even seeing Mike Vrable getting much pressure on the QB all year. I certainly didn't see him covering the dump passes to Rice that killed us all game either.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Did anyone actually pay attention to the fact that the Chiefs put McGraw on Heap man to man. IT had nothing to do with him being a FS. That was their failed attempt of trying to shut down Heap.

They were using Mc Graw as a NB, and left Lewis in as FS.

Maybe a little pass rush would have made those throws a little tougher. I mean I don't recall even seeing Mike Vrable getting much pressure on the QB all year. I certainly didn't see him covering the dump passes to Rice that killed us all game either.
    Also I think needs to be noted is that our Safeties were playing so far back there was no way they were going to beable to get to the TE whenever they did cover him. Also the whole secondary was playing on the outside shoulder of the WR's and TE and was just giving them the middle of the field I just dont think the game plan was executed very well by the whole defense, or they wernt prepared for the Ravens to throw the ball all around the field.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast