Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs will have the 21st pick in the 1st round of the 2011 draft

Default Chiefs will have the 21st pick in the 1st round of the 2011 draft

It's official, the Chiefs will be picking at the #21 spot. Who should the Chiefs be targeting in the 1st round?
    Last edited by Coach; 01-09-2011 at 06:21 PM.

I want us to trade our #1 for Larry Fitzgerald, then look to add center in the 2nd round and an OLB in the 3rd. I would like to see us add an NT in free agency and a backup QB in the 4th-6th rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    if we built a team on the players we passed up in the last five drafts we would have an all-star team
    I agree. There is some truth to that. Except maybe 2008 with their top 4 choices, as they did pretty good there.

I think are number one need right now is an OL. Weather it be a guard tackle or center. I believe centers are the most important cause for one thing they handle the ball. Weigmann is awesome but he even said he might on have one year left. He is over 10,000 consecutive snaps, he is bound to get injured soon.

I think its also time to replace Croyle. Obvioiusly that shouldn't be a number one pick.

Or do you go deep and trade down and get a few picks. Maybe trade for a second and third round picks. We still have a few positions to fill as far as deepth.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I think that we need to draft a pash rushing outside linebacker. We already have one but we need somebody to help Hali on the other side. IMO if we get an OLB that will make our defense a lot better and we will beable to score more points on defense, which in my opinion will help our offense out a lot. I have always believed you build your defense first and then build your offense. Look at Flacco and Sanchez, there is a lot of pressure taken off of their shoulders because of their defense. They know that if they do make a mistake they have a great defense that can hold the opposing defense from scoring. I'am a firm believer that offenses put fans in the stands and defenses win championships, and I think the Chiefs are almost there for a Super Bowl defense.

As a side note, I wish the NFL would go back to making less of a spectacle out of the draft.

I'm not sure I'm down with the "take another pass rushing OLB." We need a replacement for Vrabel. While he may be sometimes required to rush the passer, it's certainly not his primary job. Just google SAM linebacker to get a better idea of the traits this player needs to have. Akeem Ayers is a name of a guy that would be a good fit, not Von Miller. Miller rushed the passer something like 90% of the time in college. He plays the same position as Hali.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCChiefFanatic View Post
    We have many needs on this team. We need at least 3 lineman, a wideout, a linebacker, a true nosetackle, another LDE, and another safety. I would strongly advise a young QB to develop while we give Cassel another year to truly prove himself.
    Here is a list of players I like.

Mike Pouncy, Derek Sharrod for the line. WR I like Jernigan and I really like Austin Pettis. I watched him a few times and he is a great player.
    For QB, Blaine Gabbert has a good arm, is an accurate passer, and the size. His decision making is questionable at times and he has played from the spread. I also like Justin Roper from Montana as a development project.
    Dontay Moch from Nevade and Brooks Reed from Connecticut at OLB to replace the aging Vrabel.
    Jeron Johnson from boise st. and Shiloh Keo from Idaho st. at safety.
    For NT the only one I like is Phil Taylor from Baylor.
    DE I think Ollie Ogbu from Penn St could go from DT to LE. Also Pernell McPhee from Miss. St. and Brandon Blair from Oregon.

As for who we take in the first round we need a lineman. Waters, Wiegmann and Lilja don't have much left in the tank. Barry shows sparks at times but also seems like he could be a waste of time.
    1st Round - Pouncy or Sharrod
    2nd Round - Gabbert
    3rd Round - Pettis

The rest is up to them. Thoughts?
    No way gabbert will be there in the second top rated qb on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I'm not sure I'm down with the "take another pass rushing OLB." We need a replacement for Vrabel. While he may be sometimes required to rush the passer, it's certainly not his primary job. Just google SAM linebacker to get a better idea of the traits this player needs to have. Akeem Ayers is a name of a guy that would be a good fit, not Von Miller. Miller rushed the passer something like 90% of the time in college. He plays the same position as Hali.
    I can't help but wonder if they are really willing to give up on Studebaker that quickly to spend a 1st round pick on an OLB to replace Vrabel. It could happen, but to me it's a head scratcher. Studebaker should get 1st crack at it, as he has shown promise, but we never know.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I can't help but wonder if they are really willing to give up on Studebaker that quickly to spend a 1st round pick on an OLB to replace Vrabel. It could happen, but to me it's a head scratcher. Studebaker should get 1st crack at it, as he has shown promise, but we never know.
    I agree that Studebaker will be the starter replacing Vrabel this year. He took over in sub packages this year and will get his shot at starting full time next year. He has shown he holds up well in run support and coverage and has shown promise as a pass rusher when given the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    I agree that Studebaker will be the starter replacing Vrabel this year. He took over in sub packages this year and will get his shot at starting full time next year. He has shown he holds up well in run support and coverage and has shown promise as a pass rusher when given the chance.
    I agree that Studebaker should get a shot but Haley has preached that he is all about competition so just because Studebaker has showed some promise why not bring in another OLB for competition. Maybe I was wrong saying we need to get an OLB in the first round but if we dont go for one in the first round then I think we should get a big nose tackle in the first round.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast