Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs will have the 21st pick in the 1st round of the 2011 draft

Default Chiefs will have the 21st pick in the 1st round of the 2011 draft

It's official, the Chiefs will be picking at the #21 spot. Who should the Chiefs be targeting in the 1st round?
    Last edited by Coach; 01-09-2011 at 06:21 PM.

I liked this mock draft that this one guy posted at Arrowhead Pride & if they picked up a guy like Breaston via FA, it becomes even better.

1. Justin Houston OLB Georgia
    2. Joseph Barksdale OT LSU
    3. Jerrel Powe DT Ole Miss
    4. Dwayne Harris WR/KR East Carolina
    5. Alex Linnenkohl, C, Oregon State
    5. Mike Mohamed ILB Cal or Mario Harvey Ohio
    6. Owen Marecic, FB/ILB, Stanford
    7. Allen Bradford RB USC

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I liked this mock draft that this one guy posted at Arrowhead Pride & if they picked up a guy like Breaston via FA, it becomes even better.

1. Justin Houston OLB Georgia
    2. Joseph Barksdale OT LSU
    3. Jerrel Powe DT Ole Miss
    4. Dwayne Harris WR/KR East Carolina
    5. Alex Linnenkohl, C, Oregon State
    5. Mike Mohamed ILB Cal or Mario Harvey Ohio
    6. Owen Marecic, FB/ILB, Stanford
    7. Allen Bradford RB USC
    Houston is a solid pick. It's between him and Akem Ayers as to who will be the first OLB taken.
    In 2009 Barksdale was one of the top rated OT's in the nation. In 2010 LSU switched him to LT and his stock dropped. Will probably go in the 3rd or 4th rd now.
    We' have to take Powe in the 2nd rd if he last that long. I'm hearing now that his dismissal from South Carolina was acadimics and that he had a learning disorder. His stock dropped in 2010 because Ole Mis asked him to lose weight and play DE. Hee is just a big Old run stuffing NT. Just what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    Houston is a solid pick. It's between him and Akem Ayers as to who will be the first OLB taken.
    In 2009 Barksdale was one of the top rated OT's in the nation. In 2010 LSU switched him to LT and his stock dropped. Will probably go in the 3rd or 4th rd now.
    We' have to take Powe in the 2nd rd if he last that long. I'm hearing now that his dismissal from South Carolina was acadimics and that he had a learning disorder. His stock dropped in 2010 because Ole Mis asked him to lose weight and play DE. Hee is just a big Old run stuffing NT. Just what we need.
    Houston can get after the QB, and he can drop back in coverage to a point. Freakish athlete & the type of choice that if you hit on, you get a player similar to Clay Matthews, but I also can't forget guys like Vernon Gholston, Robert Ayers, Aaron Maybin, and Larry English and I'm not sure the Chiefs aren't willing to give Studebaker and Sheffield a chance at SOLB before spending a 1st rounder at the position. Really I would like to see them take Carimi and plug him in at RT and settle the issue there and at the same time Carimi would provide insurance at LT if Albert were to get hurt.

Chiefs needs are OT,C,NT, and WR, without a doubt.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 01-23-2011 at 11:07 AM.

Houston can get after the QB, and he can drop back in coverage to a point. Freakish athlete & the type of choice that if you hit on, you get a player similar to Clay Matthews, but I also can't forget guys like Vernon Gholston, Robert Ayers, Aaron Maybin, and Larry English and I'm not sure the Chiefs aren't willing to give Studebaker and Sheffield a chance at SOLB before spending a 1st rounder at the position. Really I would like to see them take Carimi and plug him in at RT and settle the issue there and at the same time Carimi would provide insurance at LT if Albert were to get hurt.

Chiefs needs are OT,C,NT, and WR, without a doubt.
    I agree entirely. IMO it's OL or WR in the 1st. I think Hightower from Alabama, a 260 lb ILB is a good posibility in the 2nd.

i'd say LT & NT should be first on the list. albert isn't a bad LT but not a good one either. we need a true NT to plug the middle

I just saw the weigh-in reports for the Senior Bowl:

http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2011weighinOL.php

Carimi weighed in at 315, which is 12 lbs. lower than he's listed at CBSsports.com. It looks like he's preparing himself well for the draft. 35 1/4 inch arm length. If he falls to #21, the Chiefs have to consider him. His upside is HUGE. It'll depend on how he performs at the Senior Bowl and at the combine.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    i'd say LT & NT should be first on the list. albert isn't a bad LT but not a good one either. we need a true NT to plug the middle
    I agree with Nt being a MAIN need. I think WR is a bigger need for this team right now then LT. Albert is not a bad LT he might not be a good one but right now at WR there is NO ONE outside of bowe. We at least have Albert. We HAVE to get anther WR we can at least live with Albert.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I agree with Nt being a MAIN need. I think WR is a bigger need for this team right now then LT. Albert is not a bad LT he might not be a good one but right now at WR there is NO ONE outside of bowe. We at least have Albert. We HAVE to get anther WR we can at least live with Albert.
    The top 2 WR's will not be there when the Chiefs pick at #21. The rest of the WR's available are 2nd rounders or below. And don't count me in, as well as many others, when you say "we can live with Albert". His days at LT are numbered. I don't see him holding the LT position beyond 2011.

The top 2 WR's will not be there when the Chiefs pick at #21. The rest of the WR's available are 2nd rounders or below. And don't count me in, as well as many others, when you say "we can live with Albert". His days at LT are numbered. I don't see him holding the LT position beyond 2011.
    Maybe not, but I'm still holding out hope that Jones falls, similar to Dez Bryant last year....

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast