Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Chiefs will have the 21st pick in the 1st round of the 2011 draft

Default Chiefs will have the 21st pick in the 1st round of the 2011 draft

It's official, the Chiefs will be picking at the #21 spot. Who should the Chiefs be targeting in the 1st round?
    Last edited by Coach; 01-09-2011 at 06:21 PM.

I say Pouncey from Florida or The mathews brother from Oregon.Can't go wrong with anyone from the Mathews family.They all have been great players and strong work ethic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Maybe not, but I'm still holding out hope that Jones falls, similar to Dez Bryant last year....
    Maybe, but more than likely, Green will be gone in the top 10 and the Rams at #14 will probably take Jones ( they have to get Sam Bradford a playmaker at WR -- it's their most pressing need ). Neither of these guys are coming in with the issues that Dez Bryant came in with last year.

I just don't believe either Green or Jones will be there at #21.

What about picking up another safety in a later round such as

Ahmad Black, Florida
    Deandre Mcdaniel, Clemson or
    Robert Sands, West Virginia

I think we should.

we need depth at Safety and the FA pool isn't strong at the safety position.

I like Amahd Black, but he may warrant a higher pick than what we need to spend on a safety (round 3 maybe)

If he drops to round 4 I say we grab him but he will likely be gone in rounds 2 or 3

I don't mind picking up a safety in a later round, but I can't wait to see what Berry and Kendrick Lewis can do in their second seasons.

Mainly, I'd like to see NT and O-line get addressed somewhere in the off season, and as well, some help (GOOD help) in the WR department.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    I don't mind picking up a safety in a later round, but I can't wait to see what Berry and Kendrick Lewis can do in their second seasons.

Mainly, I'd like to see NT and O-line get addressed somewhere in the off season, and as well, some help (GOOD help) in the WR department.
    I think sign Matt Light to shore up our RT spot for 1 or two seasons (end of his career and wont warrant big $$) draft a Tackle in rounds 2-5 to take his spot.

NT I think Someone like Jerell Powe in round 3 or Sione Fua and sign Shaun Rogers for 1yr deal.

That would allow us to Address OLB and WR2 in rounds 1 and 2 and still have legit talent at the NT and RT spot

Even with WR2 I think we should still sign someone like Steve Breaston or Early Doucett.

The Chiefs will trade down for more picks.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    The Chiefs will trade down for more picks.
    I really hope they do, We are in a good spot to do so. Only bad thing is unless the CBA is signed you can't trade players for draft picks (which may limit teams but it won't be impossible)

I really think that we could look to New England, trade back to pick 28 or 33 and pick up another 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    I really hope they do, We are in a good spot to do so. Only bad thing is unless the CBA is signed you can't trade players for draft picks (which may limit teams but it won't be impossible)

I really think that we could look to New England, trade back to pick 28 or 33 and pick up another 2nd or 3rd rounder.
    Pick 33 would be a VERY valuable pick to have. Now that the first round is done in one day and the 2nd round the next day, this gives the Chiefs a full day to decide who they will take out of all the players remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Pick 33 would be a VERY valuable pick to have. Now that the first round is done in one day and the 2nd round the next day, this gives the Chiefs a full day to decide who they will take out of all the players remaining.
    Plus now you're out of the 1st round, and that means 2nd round $$ for a quality player. (sounds like how New England built their dynatsy team)

I do like this scenario, and if we could pick up another 2nd or 3rd that would be awesome.

I would much rather have 3-2nd round picks (33,53 and 60), than pick 21, and 53

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567