Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiefs will have the 21st pick in the 1st round of the 2011 draft

Default Chiefs will have the 21st pick in the 1st round of the 2011 draft

It's official, the Chiefs will be picking at the #21 spot. Who should the Chiefs be targeting in the 1st round?
    Last edited by Coach; 01-09-2011 at 06:21 PM.

We have many needs on this team. We need at least 3 lineman, a wideout, a linebacker, a true nosetackle, another LDE, and another safety. I would strongly advise a young QB to develop while we give Cassel another year to truly prove himself.
    Here is a list of players I like.

Mike Pouncy, Derek Sharrod for the line. WR I like Jernigan and I really like Austin Pettis. I watched him a few times and he is a great player.
    For QB, Blaine Gabbert has a good arm, is an accurate passer, and the size. His decision making is questionable at times and he has played from the spread. I also like Justin Roper from Montana as a development project.
    Dontay Moch from Nevade and Brooks Reed from Connecticut at OLB to replace the aging Vrabel.
    Jeron Johnson from boise st. and Shiloh Keo from Idaho st. at safety.
    For NT the only one I like is Phil Taylor from Baylor.
    DE I think Ollie Ogbu from Penn St could go from DT to LE. Also Pernell McPhee from Miss. St. and Brandon Blair from Oregon.

As for who we take in the first round we need a lineman. Waters, Wiegmann and Lilja don't have much left in the tank. Barry shows sparks at times but also seems like he could be a waste of time.
    1st Round - Pouncy or Sharrod
    2nd Round - Gabbert
    3rd Round - Pettis

The rest is up to them. Thoughts?

Lilja isn't even 30 yet

Sherrod or Pouncey is nice, but if he's there ( and some think he may be ), Julio Jones would be a heck of a two to line up with Bowe.

I want to draft players that are team leaders. Players that are team first.

We have three major needs,(WR, OT, NT) and not enough picks to get them all with good quality. We'll see what happens.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

IMO Julio Jones will be gone b4 we pick. Von Miller at 240 lbs is too light to play OLB in our system. Teams would run on him all day long.
    Sherrod, Castono from BC and possible Cerimi from WI. One should be available to us for OT.
    I've been thinking Mike Pouncey for some time now. A big strong, smart 310 lb OC could be a nice addition for years to come.
    Taylor is a risky pick at NT, you're 350 LB NT could show up for camp at 450 . Powe is the top rated NT and we'd have reach for him in the 2nd rd b4 some one else grabs him.
    If we are going to play physical football, we'd better be getting bigger and stronger in the trenches were we can play physical.
    SD and Oakland in our division manhandles us and next year we play the NFC North and AFC East. Unless Pioli gets into the free agent market and we have another amazing draft, our record could get worse next year.

What do you guys think of Cameron Sheffield's future with the Chiefs? Also Urban will be nice to have next year.

Sheffiled showed promise as a pass rusher b4 the injury.
    Any WR that can play the position will be welcome,

i like Jon Baldwin a 6'5 receiver out of pitt

Saw someone post Wisniewski as a center prospect, hadn't heard of him yet so I read up on him. He really does seem like a guy the Chiefs could target, except he is projected in the 2nd round not the 1st. But I could see them going for him if he is available.

I always keep in mind when looking for prospects we might target, to look for high character, hard working players with a lot of playing experience, and they seem to like the SEC.

A couple players that fit that: Round2- Demarcus Love OT Arkansas (Could step in and be a stud RT for us)

Round 3- Marcus Gilbert OT Florida (Could be our RT as well), Ahmad Black SS Florida, Jerrell Powe DT Ole Miss.

Round 4- Kelvin Sheppard ILB LSU

Round 5- Greg McElroy QB Alabama

Other prospects not in the SEC: Round 2 Greg Jones ILB Mich St.

Just a few names in some later rounds that fit the type of player Haley and Pioli like. Most are team captains, and most have at least 3 years of starting experience.

Anyone know some other names that fit this mold?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast