Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Julio Jones Dropping to us?

Default Julio Jones Dropping to us?

Just heard that Julio Jones has a Broken Foot and is out of commission for 2 months.

He still ran a 4.39 40 Time at the combine! wow!

With this news his stock may drop just enough to land him with us at pick 21. (The injury doesn't scare me. He had a broken hand this season and a week after it happened he went out and had a breakout game setting a record for receiving yards)

I like Akeem Ayers at this pick as well, but not sure who I would rather have.

Any thoughts on Jones's stock, and who you would rather have between him and Ayers??

that just build his name even more. there is no way he lands at 21. seen and read reports that he had a great showing at the combine.
    The legend of Julio Jones only grows - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN
    Last edited by Boxermm187; 03-01-2011 at 07:05 PM.

Yeah, have to agree with Boxermm here. If he did all of that WITH a broken foot, there's probably about a 0.1% chance he makes it past the Rams, if he doesn't go earlier than that (Cleveland also makes sense).

I'd much rather have him than Ayers. I'm fairly impressed with Ayers, but his combine wasn't all that great and he's still pretty "Raw". I think he will develop into a solid player in the NFL though and would be a great replacement for Vrabel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Yeah, have to agree with Boxermm here. If he did all of that WITH a broken foot, there's probably about a 0.1% chance he makes it past the Rams, if he doesn't go earlier than that (Cleveland also makes sense).

I'd much rather have him than Ayers. I'm fairly impressed with Ayers, but his combine wasn't all that great and he's still pretty "Raw". I think he will develop into a solid player in the NFL though and would be a great replacement for Vrabel.
    Your Probably right.

I just did a 7 round mock where I had us take Ayers at 21, and Then Leonard Hankerson WR Miami (Fl)in the second (Did some research on this guy, and I really like what I have read, haven't seen any video on him yet, but sounds similar to what Bowe faced in the NFL.. Highly touted prospect had problems with drops, worked hard and overcame it had a breakout Jr season and Sr. season set a School TD record with 13 beating Micheal Irvin, had 72 rec for 1156 yards and 17.3 ypc, I'm liking what I have read)

Then I have us taking Powe in the 3rd.

Same thing happened to crabtree a few years ago and he didn't fall at all. One can always hope though.

No way does julio fall to us. I still like big phil taylor with this pick.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Seen him play alot here in Bama...he tends to take games off even though he has a ton of talent. I think he could be the best reciever in the draft and a PLUS for the Chiefs...My concern is his work ethic to be the best he "can" be.

I doubt they go WR for our pick. Pioli is going Defense most likley.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Seen him play alot here in Bama...he tends to take games off even though he has a ton of talent. I think he could be the best reciever in the draft and a PLUS for the Chiefs...My concern is his work ethic to be the best he "can" be.
    Hey sounds familiar...(Pioli and Haley turned the D-Bowe worthless show into Dwayne Bowe stud who lead the AFC in TD's in 2010)

If we landed him, I would think Piloi and Haley could handle him and make sure he was a stud.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    No way does julio fall to us. I still like big phil taylor with this pick.
    Never going to happen.

He was almost kicked off the Penn State team for off-field issues. They gave him another chance, and he screwed up again. Kicked off in 2008.

Also, defensive linemen have to want it, and conditioning is an area of concern for this guy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast