Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Chiefs Most Improved Player

Default 2011 Chiefs Most Improved Player

Who in your estimation was the Kansas City Chiefs most improved player in 2011? Cassel, Bowe, Dorsey, DJ? Share your thoughts.

My vote goes to Matt Cassel.

I'm going with Matt Cassel; I felt that his level of play had really increased starting with the final game of the 2009 season.

My vote is for Cassel as well. Hali was good last year, so tough to say say he was the most improved.

However, as someone stated earlier, you could make a very strong case for LB Derrick Johnson.

I would have to say Cassel, but DJ and Hali are very close, I also think Dorsey made big improvements.

Derrick Johnson. This guy was benched. Should have been super pissed and got his way out of the contract and onto another team. Instead he kept his cool and earn a starting spot and is the leading tackler on the team.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

DJ, for the sole reason that he improved his game without being afforded the same confidence and patience that the administration had with Cassel.

Thanks Aussie!

I have to say Cassel. His overall improvement are a big reason we are 10-6 this year. Bowe made great strides but IMHO he still made some mistakes that cost us a game or two. I had hoped Dexter would have had a big impact this season but that was not the case.

I have to go with the Qb on this one. He took a HUGE step forward. Nothing but good things to come from him

I have to vote for Cassel because I mean who honestly thought he was going to throw 27 touchdowns and 7 ints in the regular season? Not me thats for sure.

For me it's a tie between Cassel & Bowe, although, I'd lean more towards voting for Bowe as most improved if I was forced to choose between the two. I feel that way mostly because many more fans had no faith in Bowe whatsoever, by comparison to those in numbers who had no faith in Cassel. Many held onto faith in Cassel remembering his accomplishments with the Pats, but Bowe had no accomplishments to reflect upon, and a vast majority of Chiefs fans lost faith/belief in Bowe during 2009.

I've retained 100% belief in Bowe since the Chiefs drafted him in 2007. I saw/see through the struggles, dropped passes...all are typical with evolution of a young WR. I clearly saw/see his talent/skill, & felt if he developed a relationship both on & off field with Cassel...his talent/skill would prevail. Well, it all came to pass, and laugh at me if you will, but we Chiefs fans may be witnessing the evolution of the next Montana & Rice in Cassel & Bowe!! ~Dreamin~...maybe, but then again, many of my dreams become realities, hahahaha. :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Derrick Johnson and Wallace Gilberry.
    Cassel was/is an average qb. And if Bowe manages to get open, AND catch the ball, well goody for us. After watching Cassel and Bowe in our playoff game vs ravens last weekend - well, they could both take a hike as far as I'm concerned.
    SHUT IT

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast