Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 179

Thread: 2011 Chiefs Off-season Needs

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,576
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 163

    Default 2011 Chiefs Off-season Needs


    0 Not allowed!
    Well. Now that the season is over. Lets start looking at the draft and free agency!

    What are your top needs, and who do you want us to pick. It looks like we will be picking either at either 21, 22 or 23 (3 way tie between us Indy and the loser of the GB/Philly game, usu decided by a coin toss).

    My top needs:

    1. Elite FS
    - By far the biggest weakness on our team. Berry will make a great SS. He has the skills to cover zone and man, and is great at coming up against the run. Other than him, we are horrible at safety. It may be better to get someone from free agency. Berry could use some experience to mentor him. (supposedly Champ Bailey wants out of Denver and wants to play FS to prolong his career).

    2. OG and/or OC prospect.
    -Our interior is getting old. Waters is still playing well, but is one injury away from retiring. Asamoah will likely be really good soon, but Weigmann is getting old, too. Id love to see our 3rd round pick used here.

    3. #2 WR
    - This will open up our offense immensely. Bowe is constantly double teamed. If he is one-on-one, he will get open. If they double him, then Moeaki, the #2 guy, and the run game will open up. I say draft someone in the 2nd round.

    4. OLB
    - Vrabel is getting old, isnt getting to the QB and is not the best cover man because he has lost a step. We need someone who is good in coverage, not just a rush guy. Our LBs couldnt keep up with the Ravens' TEs. This could probably be found in either the draft or in FA.

    5. NT
    - We dont have a true NT. Our DL is good, but Edwards is old and doesnt have the strength to hold up to 2x teams. We need a big beast in the middle. Not sure if there are any great NTs in the draft, or FA.

    6. Backup QB
    - I think we all agree that Brokie Croyle has lost most of his supporters. I say FA or a low round draft pick.

    What are your thoughts?

  2. #131
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,960
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 25Day&Night20 View Post
    We need to draft Von Miller with our 1st pick to give us someone across from Hali. Jerrell Powe would be a nice pick in the 2nd round. He would solitify the NT spot for us for years to come. We have the money to go out and sign a WR and someone who can help our secondary or possibly Logan Mankins. What do you guys think of the possibility of bringing in Randy Moss?
    Von Miller is not a guy the Chiefs will go after. He's a pure pass rusher like Hali. A guy like Akeem Ayers is much more likely for SAM backer to replace Vrabel.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  3. #132
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    794
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I like Jerrell Powe in the 2nd as a NT we need to help Edwards if he comes back.

    I also think that the lack of over talented tackles in this years draft will cause us to draft one in the 2nd-4th rounds, someone like Demarcus Love of Arkansas (A Beast, Lots of Playing Experience, High Character, and an excellent run blocker) or Marcus Gilbert of Florida (similar traits to Love just projected in the3rd-4th rnds)

    I think that in doing this they will plug them in at RT and Keep Albert at LT and continue to monitor him. Asamoah will replace waters (Replaced both gaurds in games this year and you couldn't even tell a starter was out)

    I was one who would have liked to take a WR in the draft as well but just found out that Justin Blackmon from OSU is returning to school, leaving only 3 possible first round receivers, which Green will go in the top 5, so I doubt there will be one worthy of a 1st round pick left when we pick.

    So with the 1st round pick.... Possibly LB or NT.... Maybe Greg Jones (LB) of Mich St. (I think they will give Studebaker a shot to replace Vrabel, and allow Sheffield to rotate and develop before investing a high pick on an OLB)

  4. #133
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Gettysburg
    Posts
    2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    There's also a lot of guys out there in free agency. Who can you guys see us signing?

    WR- R.Moss, S.Rice, S.Holmes, B.Edwards, S.Moss, S.Breaston

    OL- L.Mankins, R.Kalil

    DL- H.Ngata

    LB- L.Woodley, D.Harris, E.Sims

    DB- C.Bailey, N.Asomugha, J.Joseph
    Last edited by 25Day&Night20; 01-14-2011 at 09:46 AM.
    Future Hall of Famer

  5. #134
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,505
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 663
    Given: 822

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 25Day&Night20 View Post
    There's also a lot of guys out there in free agency. Who can you guys see us signing?

    WR- R.Moss, S.Rice, S.Holmes, B.Edwards, S.Moss, S.Breaston

    OL- L.Mankins, R.Kalil

    DL- H.Ngata

    LB- L.Woodley, D.Harris, E.Sims

    DB- C.Bailey, N.Asomugha, J.Joseph
    I would say Breaston would be the most likely candidate. He fills a need and can stretch the field & has played for Haley.

  6. #135
    Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    889
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 25Day&Night20 View Post
    There's also a lot of guys out there in free agency. Who can you guys see us signing?

    WR- R.Moss, S.Rice, S.Holmes, B.Edwards, S.Moss, S.Breaston

    OL- L.Mankins, R.Kalil

    DL- H.Ngata

    LB- L.Woodley, D.Harris, E.Sims

    DB- C.Bailey, N.Asomugha, J.Joseph
    The Ravens would be stupid not to try and lock up H. NGata

  7. #136
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    794
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 25Day&Night20 View Post
    There's also a lot of guys out there in free agency. Who can you guys see us signing?

    WR- R.Moss, S.Rice, S.Holmes, B.Edwards, S.Moss, S.Breaston

    OL- L.Mankins, R.Kalil

    DL- H.Ngata

    LB- L.Woodley, D.Harris, E.Sims

    DB- C.Bailey, N.Asomugha, J.Joseph

    Out of the WR's I like Breastin too, or Early Doucett, whichever the Cards don't lock up. Reason- Has played for Haley, he will know what his is getting. I also think this will be addressed in the Draft

    OL- I thought Mankins signed and extension?? I do know that Matt Light is a FA and have heard he is on his was out of NE, they might bring him in for some depth.

    LB's- I think we will Not sign and big name FA's at the LB position. One name to keep and eye on is D'Qwell Jackson, he is a FA LB from CLE. He has been on IR this season but had 154 tackle in 09. Pretty sure he was drafted by Crennell (Not positive though) so he may have a history with him. Also may not be likely to stay in Cleveland due to being on IR this season and with the new coach being Offensive minded, might not look into keeping him.

    And the Secondary, I love the idea of Bailey coming to KC. He had spoke about wanting to convert to Safety if he left Denver to prolong his career which would be where we would need him. Could you image that amount of knowledge and experience coaching up our young talented secondary?? That's dangerous! He could take McGraw's spot and rotate with Lewis and FS

  8. #137
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,347
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    As do I. But I really like Branden Albert being on The Chiefs.

    I think he can be the best O-lineman on the team, if he were playing at OG.
    Over the last couple of drafts, I have been very opposed to the Chiefs taking another LT to replace Albert because there have been so many other glaring needs. This is a year that I think we could get away with it based upon where we are drafting. I think it may come down to taking the best player available. If a LT has fallen to the 21st spot, then you might pull the trigger because you can move Albert inside. Otherwise you wait and take a RT, C, or G in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.
    Last year the Chiefs seemed to use a BPA strategy and it served us very well IMO.


  9. #138
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,149
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 25Day&Night20 View Post
    We need to draft Von Miller with our 1st pick to give us someone across from Hali. Jerrell Powe would be a nice pick in the 2nd round. He would solitify the NT spot for us for years to come. We have the money to go out and sign a WR and someone who can help our secondary or possibly Logan Mankins. What do you guys think of the possibility of bringing in Randy Moss?
    Randy Moss? No. What for? He hasn't wanted to play for a while now. I can't see him getting a renewed love for the game anytime soon.

    As for using our top pick on a OLB, we ranked tenth in The NFL in Sacks.

    While it would be a great luxury to have a second pass-rushing threat, the need is far from as desperate as the WR position, at least IMO.


    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Over the last couple of drafts, I have been very opposed to the Chiefs taking another LT to replace Albert because there have been so many other glaring needs. This is a year that I think we could get away with it based upon where we are drafting. I think it may come down to taking the best player available. If a LT has fallen to the 21st spot, then you might pull the trigger because you can move Albert inside. Otherwise you wait and take a RT, C, or G in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.
    Last year the Chiefs seemed to use a BPA strategy and it served us very well IMO.
    I have been all for it because Albert has been, at best, "close to being good" as a LOT, but clearly has the skills to be an outstanding OG.

    He was the number one OG on about every draft board, but was an experiment, and a reach, as a LOT.

    This year, unless we are lucky enough to get a player to drop down to 21st, we are stuck with continuing to waste our best OG , while leaving our LOT position to an experiment that, after three years, has likely shown what it has to offer.

    But then, there's always the possibility of filling the position with a trade or surprise FA.

  10. #139
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    milwaukee
    Posts
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Well. Now that the season is over. Lets start looking at the draft and free agency!

    What are your top needs, and who do you want us to pick. It looks like we will be picking either at either 21, 22 or 23 (3 way tie between us Indy and the loser of the GB/Philly game, usu decided by a coin toss).

    My top needs:

    1. Elite FS
    - By far the biggest weakness on our team. Berry will make a great SS. He has the skills to cover zone and man, and is great at coming up against the run. Other than him, we are horrible at safety. It may be better to get someone from free agency. Berry could use some experience to mentor him. (supposedly Champ Bailey wants out of Denver and wants to play FS to prolong his career).

    2. OG and/or OC prospect.
    -Our interior is getting old. Waters is still playing well, but is one injury away from retiring. Asamoah will likely be really good soon, but Weigmann is getting old, too. Id love to see our 3rd round pick used here.

    3. #2 WR
    - This will open up our offense immensely. Bowe is constantly double teamed. If he is one-on-one, he will get open. If they double him, then Moeaki, the #2 guy, and the run game will open up. I say draft someone in the 2nd round.

    4. OLB
    - Vrabel is getting old, isnt getting to the QB and is not the best cover man because he has lost a step. We need someone who is good in coverage, not just a rush guy. Our LBs couldnt keep up with the Ravens' TEs. This could probably be found in either the draft or in FA.

    5. NT
    - We dont have a true NT. Our DL is good, but Edwards is old and doesnt have the strength to hold up to 2x teams. We need a big beast in the middle. Not sure if there are any great NTs in the draft, or FA.

    6. Backup QB
    - I think we all agree that Brokie Croyle has lost most of his supporters. I say FA or a low round draft pick.

    What are your thoughts?
    wow! i cant believe you have fs one? i dont even think we need one imho.....i would put #2 wr 1st and nt 2nd...then offensive line and then lb..... by far the biggest need is wr.

  11. #140
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,505
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 663
    Given: 822

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

    I have been all for it because Albert has been, at best, "close to being good" as a LOT, but clearly has the skills to be an outstanding OG.

    He was the number one OG on about every draft board, but was an experiment, and a reach, as a LOT.

    This year, unless we are lucky enough to get a player to drop down to 21st, we are stuck with continuing to waste our best OG , while leaving our LOT position to an experiment that, after three years, has likely shown what it has to offer.

    But then, there's always the possibility of filling the position with a trade or surprise FA.
    Not to mention that you'd be getting a two-fold upgrade to the O-Line with just one pick. You can't beat that as far as value goes and that's another reason I wanted Russell Okung last year.

Similar Threads

  1. Chiefs will have the 21st pick in the 1st round of the 2011 draft
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 01:02 PM
  2. 2011 Chiefs Most Improved Player
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-03-2011, 12:17 AM
  3. Chiefs 2011-12 scheduled opponents
    By SIC J in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-04-2011, 07:39 PM
  4. Madden 2011 chiefs ratings
    By jacko58 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-25-2010, 05:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •