Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Chiefs Off-season Needs

Default 2011 Chiefs Off-season Needs

Well. Now that the season is over. Lets start looking at the draft and free agency!

What are your top needs, and who do you want us to pick. It looks like we will be picking either at either 21, 22 or 23 (3 way tie between us Indy and the loser of the GB/Philly game, usu decided by a coin toss).

My top needs:

1. Elite FS
    - By far the biggest weakness on our team. Berry will make a great SS. He has the skills to cover zone and man, and is great at coming up against the run. Other than him, we are horrible at safety. It may be better to get someone from free agency. Berry could use some experience to mentor him. (supposedly Champ Bailey wants out of Denver and wants to play FS to prolong his career).

2. OG and/or OC prospect.
    -Our interior is getting old. Waters is still playing well, but is one injury away from retiring. Asamoah will likely be really good soon, but Weigmann is getting old, too. Id love to see our 3rd round pick used here.

3. #2 WR
    - This will open up our offense immensely. Bowe is constantly double teamed. If he is one-on-one, he will get open. If they double him, then Moeaki, the #2 guy, and the run game will open up. I say draft someone in the 2nd round.

4. OLB
    - Vrabel is getting old, isnt getting to the QB and is not the best cover man because he has lost a step. We need someone who is good in coverage, not just a rush guy. Our LBs couldnt keep up with the Ravens' TEs. This could probably be found in either the draft or in FA.

5. NT
    - We dont have a true NT. Our DL is good, but Edwards is old and doesnt have the strength to hold up to 2x teams. We need a big beast in the middle. Not sure if there are any great NTs in the draft, or FA.

6. Backup QB
    - I think we all agree that Brokie Croyle has lost most of his supporters. I say FA or a low round draft pick.

What are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by brish View Post
    Tough game to watch today..

Need a new OC who can keep developing Cassel, but also stick around and be a little more creative than Weiss was.

Players:

Im not ready to give up on Lewis at FS, he has talent i think.

We need a wide receiver, someone who can run GREAT routes, not good.. but freaking GREAT!
    Our receivers have been pretty much shut out several times this year.
    Besides when you sign a guy on Tuesday and play him in a playoff game on Sunday (Curtis) then you are in trouble.

NT - Ron Edwards is serviceable, but we need a stronger, younger Nose tackle to complete that line.

Center - Wiegmann is good, but he could realize how damn old he is, any minute now.. Someone younger and stronger would be preferable.

RT - Barry Richardson is up and down, we need someone to challenge him. And not O'Callaghan.

OLB - Im a Vrabel fan, and he has been instrumental in the maturation of this defence. But he is just getting too slow now.
    We need a complete linebacker, not just rush, nut just coverage.. Both!
    Im a little dissapointed that we didn't see more of Studebaker through out the year, but maybe he is just a good backup and special teamer, and nothing more..

General depth at safety and O-line..
    I'm in agreement with all of the above! Not sure how much there is to the rumor, but there are rumors still circulating that Fitzgerald could be a Chief in 2011! I'm liking the vision of Larry & Dwayne as our top WR's!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

1. A legit head coach
    2. At least two offensive linemen
    3. NT
    4. WR.

DO IT.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Not to mention that you'd be getting a two-fold upgrade to the O-Line with just one pick. You can't beat that as far as value goes and that's another reason I wanted Russell Okung last year.
    Your boy Okung is getting whooped today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Your boy Okung is getting whooped today.
    Doesn't appear to be as bad as what Albert got whipped. Peppers only has one tackle and no sacks.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Doesn't appear to be as bad as what Albert got whipped. Peppers only has one tackle and no sacks.
    Okung's had a terrific game. Away, in the snow, against one of the top pass rushers in the NFL, and he's holding his own. He looks like the next great LT out there.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Okung's had a terrific game. Away, in the snow, against one of the top pass rushers in the NFL, and he's holding his own. He looks like the next great LT out there.
    Did you watch the first half? One (should have been two holdings) and constant pressure by Peppers.

Thank you, I'm not able to see the game right now. I'll watch it later on my NFL.com Game Rewind subscription.

I suspected Ryfo18 was posting sour grapes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Did you watch the first half? One (should have been two holdings) and constant pressure by Peppers.
    Okung gave the best playoff performances by a rookie LT that I can remember. Peppers finished with no sacks, two tackles, and (most importantly) no hits on the QB. Even though Seattle spent the whole game in catch-up mode.

I like Berry and all, but if you called tomorrow and offered Berry for Okung straight up, Seattle would spend the next several hours laughing at you.

Okung gave the best playoff performances by a rookie LT that I can remember. Peppers finished with no sacks, two tackles, and (most importantly) no hits on the QB. Even though Seattle spent the whole game in catch-up mode.
    Interesting, no hits on the QB. Certainly a far cry from another LT that we know of that stood there with his hands on hips and watched his QB get clobbered in the season finale against Oakland. Gee, I wonder who that may have been?

I like Berry and all, but if you called tomorrow and offered Berry for Okung straight up, Seattle would spend the next several hours laughing at you.
    Seattle and their fans have been laughing since draft day 2010. They got their replacement for Walter Jones. The Chiefs are still waiting for a replacement for Willie Roaf.

You throw out tackles as a stat for a D-Lineman against a team that ran the ball maybe 10 times? Ha! We should criticize Peppers for not getting downfield on pass plays huh?

Okung gave up 1 hit when Peppers was lined up on the right. I think it was Idonije but I'd have to watch again. I didn't say that the Seahawks would trade Okung for Berry, of course they wouldn't. But I just thought I should point out to brdempsey, who likes to say how Albert "struggles against better pass rushers", that Okung did the same today.

I'll point out again sacks given up this year:

Albert - 7.75 in 16 games
    Okung 4 in 10 games
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 01-16-2011 at 07:24 PM.