Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Chiefs Off-season Needs

Default 2011 Chiefs Off-season Needs

Well. Now that the season is over. Lets start looking at the draft and free agency!

What are your top needs, and who do you want us to pick. It looks like we will be picking either at either 21, 22 or 23 (3 way tie between us Indy and the loser of the GB/Philly game, usu decided by a coin toss).

My top needs:

1. Elite FS
    - By far the biggest weakness on our team. Berry will make a great SS. He has the skills to cover zone and man, and is great at coming up against the run. Other than him, we are horrible at safety. It may be better to get someone from free agency. Berry could use some experience to mentor him. (supposedly Champ Bailey wants out of Denver and wants to play FS to prolong his career).

2. OG and/or OC prospect.
    -Our interior is getting old. Waters is still playing well, but is one injury away from retiring. Asamoah will likely be really good soon, but Weigmann is getting old, too. Id love to see our 3rd round pick used here.

3. #2 WR
    - This will open up our offense immensely. Bowe is constantly double teamed. If he is one-on-one, he will get open. If they double him, then Moeaki, the #2 guy, and the run game will open up. I say draft someone in the 2nd round.

4. OLB
    - Vrabel is getting old, isnt getting to the QB and is not the best cover man because he has lost a step. We need someone who is good in coverage, not just a rush guy. Our LBs couldnt keep up with the Ravens' TEs. This could probably be found in either the draft or in FA.

5. NT
    - We dont have a true NT. Our DL is good, but Edwards is old and doesnt have the strength to hold up to 2x teams. We need a big beast in the middle. Not sure if there are any great NTs in the draft, or FA.

6. Backup QB
    - I think we all agree that Brokie Croyle has lost most of his supporters. I say FA or a low round draft pick.

What are your thoughts?

Does anyone know what the "conditional draft pick" was for Jarrad Page from the Pats? I haven't been able to find this anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    Dez Bryant fell in the draft because of his attitude and the whole thing that happened in College. He didn't really play the season before he went into the draft.
    Yes, I do know the situation regarding Bryant & I have edited my previous post. Baldwin does not have those issues. He could fall due to so many other WR's available in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Yes, I do know the situation regarding Bryant & I have edited my previous post. Baldwin does not have those issues. He could fall due to so many other WR's available in the draft.
    So many teams need WRs next season that I think Green, Blackmon, Jones, and Baldwin (top 4 WRs) will go to some mixture of the Browns, Pats (w/ Oakland pick), Bengals, Panthers, Redskins, Rams, or Chargers (if Jackson leaves) well before they get to us. Indeed, I think you can lock Green in the top-4 (if the Panthers don't get him, the Bengals will), lock Blackmon to the Rams, and the other two will go to the Redskins, Chargers, Pats, or Browns.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    So many teams need WRs next season that I think Green, Blackmon, Jones, and Baldwin (top 4 WRs) will go to some mixture of the Browns, Pats (w/ Oakland pick), Bengals, Panthers, Redskins, Rams, or Chargers (if Jackson leaves) well before they get to us. Indeed, I think you can lock Green in the top-4 (if the Panthers don't get him, the Bengals will), lock Blackmon to the Rams, and the other two will go to the Redskins, Chargers, Pats, or Browns.
    If that's the case, then why not go O-Line, other than what you said about their steadfast refusal to address it. they really won't have any excuses.

If that's the case, then why not go O-Line, other than what you said about their steadfast refusal to address it. they really won't have any excuses.
    Because I think we can get a good-to-great C (assuming Wiegmann retires) or RT in the draft in the 2nd/3rd. We already have average-to-good players at LT (average), LG (above average), and RG (average).

We have nothing opposite Hali, and just like with Bowe against the Ravens, good teams will double team him all next season and destroy his effectiveness. Let's fix this problem now and get a pair of bookend OLBs for the next decade.

Because I think we can get a good-to-great C (assuming Wiegmann retires) or RT in the draft in the 2nd/3rd. We already have average-to-good players at LT (average), LG (above average), and RG (average).

We have nothing opposite Hali, and just like with Bowe against the Ravens, good teams will double team him all next season and destroy his effectiveness. Let's fix this problem now and get a pair of bookend OLBs for the next decade.
    I wouldn't go as far as to say there is nothing opposite Hali. Studabaker has shown promise, he may only just need more playing time and they may want to give Sheffield a chance.

I'd rather fix the Offense first, because the Defense can do OK, if they aren't on the field all the time.

I wouldn't go as far as to say there is nothing opposite Hali. Studabaker has shown promise, he may only just need more playing time and they may want to give Sheffield a chance.

I'd rather fix the Offense first, because the Defense can do OK, if they aren't on the field all the time.
    I didn't like Sheffield when we drafted and I like him less after the IR. I think he's practice squad (at best) in 2011. And we've seen enough of Studebaker to know that he's decent against the run but can't rush the passer at all.

About our offense, I think we need a new starting 2WR, 3WR, blocking TE, C, RT, and 2QB. We're going to need to get at least a couple of those thing in FA, and I don't think we'll get any great ones in the 1st round of the draft. Sherrod is getting slightly overrated because of the lack of legit LTs in this draft (compared to last). Also, I don't like him as a run-blocker, and as we're incredibly dependent on the run, that's a matter of concern.

I didn't like Sheffield when we drafted and I like him less after the IR. I think he's practice squad (at best) in 2011. And we've seen enough of Studebaker to know that he's decent against the run but can't rush the passer at all.

About our offense, I think we need a new starting 2WR, 3WR, blocking TE, C, RT, and 2QB. We're going to need to get at least a couple of those thing in FA, and I don't think we'll get any great ones in the 1st round of the draft. Sherrod is getting slightly overrated because of the lack of legit LTs in this draft (compared to last). Also, I don't like him as a run-blocker, and as we're incredibly dependent on the run, that's a matter of concern.
    WR is our absolute biggest need, followed by NT. After that, we should try to get a center and RT. I'm willing to give Studebaker more of a shot. He's still young, and though you say he's bad at rushing the passer, he's gotten to the QB as much as anyone else that isn't Hali. I'm willing to give him a shot.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Moeaki can block. I'm tired of drafting TE's we need to draft were there a wholes that need to be filled, not draft positions that we need back ups for

.... Sherrod is getting slightly overrated because of the lack of legit LTs in this draft (compared to last). Also, I don't like him as a run-blocker, and as we're incredibly dependent on the run, that's a matter of concern.
    I don't think he's over-rated given where he's projected to go right about where the Chiefs are picking. As for his run blocking, he's not a total slouch by any means, there may be some room for improvement, but any O-Lineman can be coached up as far as run-blocking goes.

But the point is probably moot, they probably won't take him if he's there & persist with going with Albert at LT.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast