Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Chiefs Off-season Needs

Default 2011 Chiefs Off-season Needs

Well. Now that the season is over. Lets start looking at the draft and free agency!

What are your top needs, and who do you want us to pick. It looks like we will be picking either at either 21, 22 or 23 (3 way tie between us Indy and the loser of the GB/Philly game, usu decided by a coin toss).

My top needs:

1. Elite FS
    - By far the biggest weakness on our team. Berry will make a great SS. He has the skills to cover zone and man, and is great at coming up against the run. Other than him, we are horrible at safety. It may be better to get someone from free agency. Berry could use some experience to mentor him. (supposedly Champ Bailey wants out of Denver and wants to play FS to prolong his career).

2. OG and/or OC prospect.
    -Our interior is getting old. Waters is still playing well, but is one injury away from retiring. Asamoah will likely be really good soon, but Weigmann is getting old, too. Id love to see our 3rd round pick used here.

3. #2 WR
    - This will open up our offense immensely. Bowe is constantly double teamed. If he is one-on-one, he will get open. If they double him, then Moeaki, the #2 guy, and the run game will open up. I say draft someone in the 2nd round.

4. OLB
    - Vrabel is getting old, isnt getting to the QB and is not the best cover man because he has lost a step. We need someone who is good in coverage, not just a rush guy. Our LBs couldnt keep up with the Ravens' TEs. This could probably be found in either the draft or in FA.

5. NT
    - We dont have a true NT. Our DL is good, but Edwards is old and doesnt have the strength to hold up to 2x teams. We need a big beast in the middle. Not sure if there are any great NTs in the draft, or FA.

6. Backup QB
    - I think we all agree that Brokie Croyle has lost most of his supporters. I say FA or a low round draft pick.

What are your thoughts?

Correction. I think we pick at #21. The tiebreaker goes to the lowest strength of schedule (opponent W-L record), which is us.

I agree with most of your positions, but I'm inclined to see what Kendrick Lewis can bring to the table over the next couple of years, versus taking another safety in the 1st round.

WR seems like a pretty glaring need, but I think that is a position that might be better filled through free agency/trade. I believe in Asamoah, but we still need another RG,C,RT.

This was one of the worst games I've seen Vrabel play. Maybe I just saw him at the wrong times, but it seemed he was a day late and dollar short every time he was near the ball.
    Last edited by Coach; 01-09-2011 at 06:13 PM.

I think we will be fine at FS, Lewis will be good

Tough game to watch today..

Need a new OC who can keep developing Cassel, but also stick around and be a little more creative than Weiss was.

Players:

Im not ready to give up on Lewis at FS, he has talent i think.

We need a wide receiver, someone who can run GREAT routes, not good.. but freaking GREAT!
    Our receivers have been pretty much shut out several times this year.
    Besides when you sign a guy on Tuesday and play him in a playoff game on Sunday (Curtis) then you are in trouble.

NT - Ron Edwards is serviceable, but we need a stronger, younger Nose tackle to complete that line.

Center - Wiegmann is good, but he could realize how damn old he is, any minute now.. Someone younger and stronger would be preferable.

RT - Barry Richardson is up and down, we need someone to challenge him. And not O'Callaghan.

OLB - Im a Vrabel fan, and he has been instrumental in the maturation of this defence. But he is just getting too slow now.
    We need a complete linebacker, not just rush, nut just coverage.. Both!
    Im a little dissapointed that we didn't see more of Studebaker through out the year, but maybe he is just a good backup and special teamer, and nothing more..

General depth at safety and O-line..

we need a deep threat to stretch the field, someone to make those play action passes deadly

SINCE WEE HAVE 2 TEAMS IN OUR DIVISION THAT COMPLETLY MANHANDLE US. SD AND oAKLAND.
    Getting bigger and stronger on the OL and DL is 1st priorty. OC, RG, RT, all get manhandled too often. Love weigman and Lelija but both are too small at 280 lbs too hold up under the pounding ,big physical teams dish out. Zone blocking? well ok, but your OL must be big enough and strong enough to play with the big boys.
    WR, NT OLB, ILB, Hell we need better players and depth every where.

I think a WR would be best addressed with a free agent.

Draft the best O-lineman availble in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by bbacker51 View Post
    I think a WR would be best addressed with a free agent.

Draft the best O-lineman availble in the first round.
    Ya I think we need to draft the biggest and strongest O-lineman because we cant get dominated next year like we did this year against bigger defensive fronts.

O line all the way... Not only are two of our starters old but we have nothing behind them. We need proven FAs (which wont exactly be plentiful) or draft players now. I fully expect a 38 yr old weigman to hang it up this offseason.

I say the best LT we can get our hands on at 21... Then move Albert to RT, Waters to C, and Asamoah to LG.... The jury is still out on Lilja..

What the raiders were able to do to us is simply not going to cut. I dont care who you have runnin routes. Our O line gets overwhelmed too easily. I mean what did they play yesterday... Not even 20 mins and still could not give Cassel good protection.

If not O line in the first then I say a real NT...

I like Lewis at SS... Think he has potential.

WR most definately addressed... But I just cant see us spending our first rounder on one and I think anything after that wont be quite NFL ready to line up across from Bowe... But hey maybe I am wrong.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast